Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

I dont hate him, he seems like a good father, and a good person

I hate/dislike the fascist liberal mentality of the government knows best, and citizens are too dumb to fend for themselves

I also dislike the fact that he constantly is lying and deceiving the American public...he was SUPPOSED TO BE the most transparent potus, with the most transparent government...his has shown a level of incompetence we have not seen since the peanut farmer was potus

Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well FWIW I do think Bill and Hillary were mixed up in the banking scandal (Whitewater) but they covered their tracks well.
Well, I believe more people in the past administration had something to do with outing CIA agents, but those tracks were covered well too.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I believe part of the problem is that people such as yourself are taking soundbites out of context, and, that can be dangerous for other people you're trying to convince with your point/s of view.
Race was not even a factor in the Zimmerman trial, neither was SYG, and yet Obama fanned the flames on both issues.

If Obama gave a rats ass for young murdered blacks, then he should be speaking about Chicago every week, instead he ignores the issue as much as possible

Obama's comment about "Trayvon could have been him, thirty five years ago was laughable.

First off, Obama grew up in Hawaii, where whites were the minority, and brown skinned people were the majority.

Secondly, Obama went to the best private schools and universities, on scholarships.

Thirdly, he is half white, raised by white grand parents. Obama's life was nothing like Trayvon's, the only reason he made the jump to claiming Trayvon could have been himself, or his son, was skin color. Racial identity is a mindless, self serving, destructive thing to instruct an entire nation to adopt.

Last edited by OICU812; 07-23-2013 at 09:32 AM..

Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Race was not even a factor in the Zimmerman trial, neither was SYG, and yet Obama fanned the flames on both issues.
That's what you got out of his speech, I took his comments differently. But, I'm not you, and you're not me, we both have our differences of opinions, and that may be how and where we grew up and may have some to do with parenting too.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
While I have some limited agreement with your comments about some of the lunatic fringe of the right, you conveniently excuse, omit, or fail to mention the polar opposite lunatic fringe that found broad support from the Democrats during the two terms of Bush 43.
There's a major and obvious difference in the two situations.

Bush actually did start and then horribly foul up two middle east wars. Bush really did tank the economy. Those were real actions with real negative consequences for millions. Post 9/11, Bush had tremendously high approval. He squandered it by doing what Cheney told him to do.

Obama isn't a foreigner. He isn't an Al Qaeda sympathizer. He isn't turning America into a totalitarian fascist state. Those are fantastic, psychotic accusations from irrational haters.

Quote:
There were many talking heads spouting all sorts of vitriol against Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rice. Actively wishing for their deaths, spewing incendiary rhetoric, etc. I just wonder where your righteous indignation was during that eight year period...?
I recall some internet commandos making those types of statements. I don't recall a single "talking head" saying those things. Could you be more specific?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
There's a major and obvious difference in the two situations.

Bush actually did start and then horribly foul up two middle east wars. Bush really did tank the economy. Those were real actions with real negative consequences for millions. Post 9/11, Bush had tremendously high approval. He squandered it by doing what Cheney told him to do.

Obama isn't a foreigner. He isn't an Al Qaeda sympathizer. He isn't turning America into a totalitarian fascist state. Those are fantastic, psychotic accusations from irrational haters.

Oh....now I see. Since you agree with Obama, anyone that disagrees with him does so based solely on hatred, or some crackpot idea that he is not a U.S. citizen or whatever other birther tripe is spewed. Surely opposition to Obama could not be based on things like the fact that the Patriot Act that liberals excoriated Bush over has expanded ten fold under Obama. Drone strikes were horrible war crimes under Bush, but they are fine now that a guy with a (D) after his name is in the White House.... Bush did no more to actively tank the economy in 2008 than Barney Frank and Chris Dodd did. You remember Chris and Barney, the two guys charged with oversight of the two major Government Sponsored Entities (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) right? You know, the GSEs that precipitated the crash in the sub-prime mortgage market, also known as "How the Crash Started". They kept assuring their Congressional colleagues that all was well, and now you claim it was all Bush's fault...pretty convenient, if not revisionist take on the events. Obama's failure to act, and the refusal of Senate Democrats to pass a budget in over 4 years has saddled us with sequestration. Ask the 650,000 Department of Defense employees if they are not feeling the impacts of a 20% annual pay cut compressed into the last three months of the fiscal year....

So bottom line, you justify, or at the very least, excuse hatred when you personally disagree with the politics of an elected official, but disdain the same thing if you happen to agree an elected official? And you don't see the blatant hypocrisy in that?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Oh....now I see. Since you agree with Obama, anyone that disagrees with him does so based solely on hatred, or some crackpot idea that he is not a U.S. citizen or whatever other birther tripe is spewed. Surely opposition to Obama could not be based on things like the fact that the Patriot Act that liberals excoriated Bush over has expanded ten fold under Obama. Drone strikes were horrible war crimes under Bush, but they are fine now that a guy with a (D) after his name is in the White House.... Bush did no more to actively tank the economy in 2008 than Barney Frank and Chris Dodd did. You remember Chris and Barney, the two guys charged with oversight of the two major Government Sponsored Entities (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) right? You know, the GSEs that precipitated the crash in the sub-prime mortgage market, also known as "How the Crash Started". They kept assuring their Congressional colleagues that all was well, and now you claim it was all Bush's fault...pretty convenient, if not revisionist take on the events. Obama's failure to act, and the refusal of Senate Democrats to pass a budget in over 4 years has saddled us with sequestration. Ask the 650,000 Department of Defense employees if they are not feeling the impacts of a 20% annual pay cut compressed into the last three months of the fiscal year....

So bottom line, you justify, or at the very least, excuse hatred when you personally disagree with the politics of an elected official, but disdain the same thing if you happen to agree an elected official? And you don't see the blatant hypocrisy in that?
So much tripe in this post, it's indigestible.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I understood him alright, he was trying to get every American to view our justice system thru the eyes of racial identity.

“There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life,” Jesse Jackson said several years ago, “than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery—and then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Obama: "There are very few African-American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store—that includes me," he said. The same goes for African-American men who have heard "locks click on the doors of cars," or seen a woman in an elevator "clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off."

As if blacks do not profile other blacks, and do not click their locks, or be nervous, if the see some gang-bangers coming their way. As if seeing black hoodlums is a sigh of relief, because you are black also. It's just those mean, racist, bigoted white folks who profile blacks, or fear blacks, or view street punks with suspicion.
The first and only reason I lock my car doors is for my personal SAFETY and to protect my PROPERTY. Now taking safety precaution is "profiling"? GMAFB Should I leave my home unlocked? Should I leave my windows open? Does putting an alarm in my home for my own SAFETY and protecting my PROPERTY mean that I'm profiling? I'm taking precautions against ANYONE who may be inclined to rob me or steal my property. This isn't a "white" thing.

Maybe the woman in the elevator was an elderly woman? They are distrusting of everyone and know they are an easy target to anyone. I worked in NYC and never, ever clutched my purse to my chest and held my breath. That was such an absurd statement.

Interesting that all that profiling Obama experienced stopped when he became a senator.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Oh....now I see. Since you agree with Obama, anyone that disagrees with him does so based solely on hatred, or some crackpot idea that he is not a U.S. citizen or whatever other birther tripe is spewed.
I see that you draw weird unsupported conclusions.

Quote:
Surely opposition to Obama could not be based on things like the fact that the Patriot Act that liberals excoriated Bush over has expanded ten fold under Obama. Drone strikes were horrible war crimes under Bush, but they are fine now that a guy with a (D) after his name is in the White House.... Bush did no more to actively tank the economy in 2008 than Barney Frank and Chris Dodd did. You remember Chris and Barney, the two guys charged with oversight of the two major Government Sponsored Entities (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) right? You know, the GSEs that precipitated the crash in the sub-prime mortgage market, also known as "How the Crash Started". They kept assuring their Congressional colleagues that all was well, and now you claim it was all Bush's fault...pretty convenient, if not revisionist take on the events.
A little "Government 101" is in order here.

Frank and Dodd were ranking members on committees chaired by Republicans in a Republican congress. Nothing got approved that wasn't favorable to the GOP majority. Besides, the real culprit for much of economic turmoil was the Gramm, Leach, Bliley Act. All three are Republicans. It's true that Clinton signed that bill passed by a GOP congress. If he would have vetoed it, we'd all be better off. But it was GOP policy all the way.

Quote:
Obama's failure to act, and the refusal of Senate Democrats to pass a budget in over 4 years has saddled us with sequestration. Ask the 650,000 Department of Defense employees if they are not feeling the impacts of a 20% annual pay cut compressed into the last three months of the fiscal year....
Passed through a right wing talking points filter.
Quote:
Bottom line, you once again draw weird unsupported conclusions. Must be those partisan goggles.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Those that are obsessed with repeatedly pulling the race card insist that people HATE Obama...very few actually hate him- many are simply disappointed in the guy as a President..I actually like the guy and I am sure he means well...but America deserves more than good intentions- they need results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies