Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 01:34 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He kept McCain and Romney from the White House and has boosted sour grape sale at least tenfold!

He also boosted the incomes of race brokers, crony capitalists, and welfare recipients. Never in history have paper movers and backroom deal makers made so much money on the backs of tax paying Americans. If he's the President of the minorities and the poor, why have minorities and the poor, gotten poorer?

Poverty not seen since in 50 years.

The Census Bureau says that 50 million Americans, roughly one in six — almost 17% — are living below the poverty line, which is defined as earnings of less than $23,021 a year for a family of four. Apparently 20% of the nation's children are living in poverty.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Obama's Failed Economic Policies Plunge More Americans In Poverty - Investors.com

If this is helping us, I'd rather not be helped.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
He also boosted the incomes of race brokers, crony capitalists, and welfare recipients. Never in history have paper movers and backroom deal makers made so much money on the backs of tax paying Americans. If he's the President of the minorities and the poor, why have minorities and the poor, gotten poorer?

The Census Bureau says that 50 million Americans, roughly one in six — almost 17% — are living below the poverty line, which is defined as earnings of less than $23,021 a year for a family of four. Apparently 20% of the nation's children are living in poverty.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Obama's Failed Economic Policies Plunge More Americans In Poverty - Investors.com

Shouldn't they be pulling themselves up by their bootstraps?

Old 07-22-2013, 01:45 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Shouldn't they be pulling themselves up by their bootstraps?

Either that or ask their parents for money! LOL

Old 07-22-2013, 01:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Take a vacation, by all means, just keep your lodging, clothes and food at a humble cost, like the rest of us. YOU Don't need a suit for 4,000 per night.....period!
And then our problems would be solved? First I thought you were kidding, but I now realize you actually believe what you say.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Good for her. That's all I can say in face of this faux outrage.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
WHO elected him "President of the minorities"?

WHERE did that appear on the ballot?

Quote:

Your cited article alleges we didn't hear about an increasing poverty level from the NY Times, we actually did, 2 years prior. Not a very credible article you cite, perhaps its attempt to blame everything on Obama is equally credible.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/us...anted=all&_r=0

Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Ann Romney?

I think not.
I'd be surprised if Ann Romney even knows cheap hotels exist.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:50 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I believe you mis-read. The agenda does not belong to me. It belongs to the "Bash-Obama for anything and everything" crowd.
I didn't say it belonged to you. Without saying it directly, it was pretty clear who you implied who the owners would be. You said the lily-white agenda isn't very pretty, which means you saw it. I would like to see that agenda.

Every president has two agendas. The one on top of the desk for the people, and the one under the desk that is kept private or shared with a select few. In spite of what you think, white Americans don't have a so-called agenda. Not approving of Obama's presidential performance is not an agenda, but you seem to know otherwise.

You don't seem to understand that it is not about bashing Obama for anything and everything. I'm sure if the same people you claim to be bashing Obama had something nice to say about him regarding his presidential performance, they would. They, in their opinion, can't find anything nice to say about his presidential performance. They are of the opinion that he has not served this country well. On the other hand, there are people like you, who think that Obama is the greatest President to grace American soil. Are those opposed to Obama not entitled to an opinion or to voice their own concern? Is there only one valid opinion that counts, which would be the opinion you share with Obama supporters? Can't you agree to disagree?

Old 07-22-2013, 02:57 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Just out of curiosity, do some people think Laura Bush and other first families before Obama stayed at Motel 8?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:17 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Where would you have a visiting ambassador stay?
Ambassador?? When did Obama make that appointment? He's been handing out ambassadorships to bundlers and political cronies, but since when does a president appoint his wife to be an ambassador? I hear there might be an opening in Egypt for an Ambassador at the American Embassy. Could be a good thing - Michelle could build goodwill on Obama's relationship with the MB.

Quote:
President Obama has rewarded at least 19 campaign contributors and political allies with
ambassadorships this year, according to an analysis by The Hill.

“I am proud that such experienced and committed individuals have agreed to serve the American people in these important roles,” Obama said when he named Matthew Barzun, the national finance chairman of Obama for America and a bundler who raised $2.31 million, to be ambassador to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Obama hands out plum ambassador posts to big campaign donors - The Hill's Global Affairs

Apparently Obama thinks bundlers would make great ambassadors compared to those who are career diplomats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies