Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM

596 posts, read 729,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
First, the US doesn't pick the hotel--the host country does, because they have to help provide security--and for the same reasons they'd put them in a suite--most likely the entire floor of the hotel, so that the public wouldn't have access to the floor they're staying on. Before you go on a rant, use some common sense and get all the information.
But using common sense and actually being fully informed would make one pause before creating such a ridiculous thread. And we simply can't have that. These folks must rant and rave and throw a tantrum and nearly pass out any time the Obamas do anything. The self-righteousness and over the top hysterics are actually quite amusing. How dare they, how dare they!! Now pardon me, I must take to my fainting couch.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM

331 posts, read 253,765 times
This is why I find it hard to find some of you credible. EVERYTHING Obama and his family does is deplorable. Now it's vacations? Something that every Presidential family partakes in? Good god, get a grip!

Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHO elected him "President of the minorities"?

WHERE did that appear on the ballot?

Your cited article alleges we didn't hear about an increasing poverty level from the NY Times, we actually did, 2 years prior. Not a very credible article you cite, perhaps its attempt to blame everything on Obama is equally credible.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/us...anted=all&_r=0
You do realize the Economic census is taken every 5 years, right? I cited the census, making my source not credible? I suppose I should have waited until the 2015, and that would be more timely?

Obama called himself God, but that wasn't on the ballot. Jamie Foxx called him the savior, wasn't on the ballot. Biden said, "He (Obama) is the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright"... not on the ballot. He holds an impromptu race speech, and it's touted by hoards of liberal media brown noser's as "one of the highlights of his presidency"... jeez, to deny that he hasn't been christened the Champion of the poor, and the president of the minorities is sheer befuddlement and deflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
But using common sense and actually being fully informed would make one pause before creating such a ridiculous thread. And we simply can't have that. These folks must rant and rave and throw a tantrum and nearly pass out any time the Obamas do anything. The self-righteousness and over the top hysterics are actually quite amusing. How dare they, how dare they!! Now pardon me, I must take to my fainting couch.
Seriously?

They closed White House tours because they couldn't afford the $17M per year... then Obama went golfing with Tiger Woods the following week; for $1M. These are the types of things that frustrate tax payers. The people who aren't frustrated, must not pay taxes.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
It's funny that the left is bringing up all the other presidents....but have yet to provide any evidence, except their own opinion of "see, they did it also."

But, can any leftie provide evidence that we (the United States) were in the same economical situation, when those other presidents were taking vacations, as to the economical situation now?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's funny that the left is bringing up all the other presidents....but have yet to provide any evidence, except their own opinion of "see, they did it also."

But, can any leftie provide evidence that we (the United States) were in the same economical situation, when those other presidents were taking vacations, as to the economical situation now?
That's quite a reeeaaaach, no?

So, if the sun came in at a 45 degree angle and the clock read 11:11 on the dot - can you PROVE that we (the United States) were in the same economical situation when those other presidents were taking vacations . . . whew . . as to the economical situation now?

Stretch.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM

331 posts, read 253,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Seriously?

They closed White House tours because they couldn't afford the $17M per year... then Obama went golfing with Tiger Woods the following week; for $1M. These are the types of things that frustrate tax payers. The people who aren't frustrated, must not pay taxes.
Please. Those who aren't frustrated keep things in perspective. No one is applauding Obama for going golfing, but most people rarely complained when the Bush's, or the Clinton's, or the Reagan's, etc partook in extracurricular activities at the expense of taxpayers. It's what Presidents do. Why is it a big deal now?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's quite a reeeaaaach, no?

So, if the sun came in at a 45 degree angle and the clock read 11:11 on the dot - can you PROVE that we (the United States) were in the same economical situation when those other presidents were taking vacations . . . whew . . as to the economical situation now?

Stretch.
How and why?

No stretch, but what I see is an inability to answer, truthfully anyway.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Send a little failed bribe to the Muslim Brotherhood...take a nap when you should be looking out for diplomats in peril..the wife flies off with a bunch of kids in the luxury air liner...with a massive security detail in tow....What do you expect from Obama - The first time I saw the guy he was strutting like a peacock with his jacket over his shoulder like a reincarnate of Frank Sinatra...This guy LOVES being president - He LOVES the big green chopper....HE just LOVES being on top of the world - In fact he loves this adventure so much he has forgotten about all of America...You wanted him and now you are stuck with him...He is just pimpin his way along like a gangsta sucka/

Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Please. Those who aren't frustrated keep things in perspective. No one is applauding Obama for going golfing, but most people rarely complained when the Bush's, or the Clinton's, or the Reagan's, etc partook in extracurricular activities at the expense of taxpayers. It's what Presidents do. Why is it a big deal now?
Are you able to answer post #194?

Then you may get your answer....if you answer honestly....

Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
Great picture...very arty of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies