Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Tavis Smiley is a first class racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Wow, I rarely see so many false accusations in one post. If I'm wrong provide a credible source!
I used the words "supposedly," because best to my knowledge the FBI has never publicly come forward and said, "Yes, Al Sharpton became a snitch for us."

My information came from a book. I think I read it in this book written about Don King (he had ties not to only Cleveland mobsters but NYC mobsters of the Gambino crim family): Jack Newfield (Author of RFK)

There was some distant connection between Sharpton and King I think, if I'm remembering correctly.

But I googled Sharpton and the FBI up online and got an ABC News report. Apparently I was remembering some of the details wrong. The drug dealer was actually an FBI agent. But I remember quite clearly the author stating Sharpton was reputed to have Italian mafia ties.

This is what it says on the Jack Newfield website says about Jack Newfield:

Quote:
Jack Newfield pioneered a new kind of investigative journalism -- a passionate advocacy of social causes and political reforms backed up by relentless digging for the facts. He began in the 60's as a columnist for the Village Voice. He left after 24 years and continued his investigative reporting successively for the New York Daily News, the New York Post, the New York Sun and The Nation magazine. He was a fellow of The Nation Institute.

Jack was the author of 10 books and collaborated on numerous documentaries. He received the George Polk Award for Investigative Journalism in 1990, an Emmy for his documentary on Don King in 1991, and numerous other awards.

Jack Newfield died on December 21st, 2004.
This is what an ABC News article says:

Al Sharpton Faults HBO Airing of FBI Tape - ABC News

Quote:
The Rev. Al Sharpton says he plans to sue HBO for $500 million and pledges that his plans to explore a run for the White House would not be derailed by what he calls a "smear campaign."

His annnouncement came in response to cable channel HBO's airing of an 1983 FBI surveillance videotape that shows Sharpton talking with an undercover agent about a drug deal.

The tape, shot nearly 20 years ago, aired Tuesday evening on HBO. It was obtained for an episode of HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel that reported on possible ties between the sports world and organized crime
Quote:
HBO said it did not get the tape from the FBI. Bureau spokesman Joe Valiquette said Tuesday that to his knowledge the FBI had not released them.

A 1988 Newsday report, citing unidentified sources, said Sharpton became a federal informant when approached with the tape months after it was recorded.
If it wasn't in that book written by Newfield it might have been in the book I read on Teddy Atlas. But I think it was in the Newfield book.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Stop confusing him with you.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Stop confusing him with you.
nothing new here... the left calls everyone a racist and has been since Obama got in and his followers listen to MSNBC. How about bigot and homophobe.. the left love to hate.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:43 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
nothing new here... the left calls everyone a racist and has been since Obama got in and his followers listen to MSNBC. How about bigot and homophobe.. the left love to hate.
After reading this post, accusing libs of being racist, I went back and read your previous post, which was this:
Originally Posted by Taratova

Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
After reading this post, accusing libs of being racist, I went back and read your previous post, which was this:
Originally Posted by Taratova
First time I saw Tavis Smiley he talked like a racist just like Al Sharpton. Two first class racists.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
You are not exactly the most gay friendly poster here.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
You are not exactly the most gay friendly poster here.
The word bigot and homophobe, racist and bible thumper is a constant with most liberals... so get real.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
Criticizing "hopey changy Obama" is a no no if you are black. No matter of how ****ty of a job he's doing.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
The word bigot and homophobe, racist and bible thumper is a constant with most liberals... so get real.
How are we lefties bigots and homophobes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies