Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 AM

5,290 posts, read 5,198,877 times

Advertisements

Fifteen pages of discussion over a bogus internet scam? Whats wrong with you people? How many times do people have to tell you ITS NOT TRUE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 05:32 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,729,348 times
When the numerous law suits start filing in from promoters, they will change their tune.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:41 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,960,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Fifteen pages of discussion over a bogus internet scam? Whats wrong with you people? How many times do people have to tell you ITS NOT TRUE.
I agree this whole list is complete fabrication....but people want to believe what they want.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:42 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,729,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Not to mention that black people using stand your ground are more likely than whites to never be charged. Or, if charged, more likely to be acquitted.

The one law that actually helps blacks instead of hurting them and blacks want it overturned because it's "racist". Makes sense.
I would like someone to explain how stand your ground is racist? Unless shooting a black criminal who is threatening your life is somehow racist.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:53 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,501,233 times
Leftists will lie about anything.

It's part of their mental disorder.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,910,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
because it is not true today...does not mean it may not be true tommorrow.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,910,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Not to mention that black people using stand your ground are more likely than whites to never be charged. Or, if charged, more likely to be acquitted.

The one law that actually helps blacks instead of hurting them and blacks want it overturned because it's "racist". Makes sense.
If you believe that blacks in general benefit from SYG that was disproven by the source investigaors...Olando senitnal.

their investigation showed that gang bangers and drive by shooters are using SYG and are being let go...how does that benefit black folk?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,458,911 times
Default Celebrities Boycott Florida over "Stand Your Ground"

Celebrities Boycott Florida but really over the Zimmerman verdict they did not like.

Full Story: Jay Z, Kanye, Madonna Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict (REPORT, UPDATES)

Quote:
A number of top-level celebrities are reportedly following in Stevie Wonder's footsteps and plan to boycott Florida in protest of the state's "Stand Your Ground" laws. The list, which was first reported by AURN's April Ryan and credited a "a source close to Wonder," includes the likes of Madonna, Usher, Kanye West, Jay Z, Rihanna and Rod Stewart.

Wonder announced his intention to boycott any state with "Stand Your Ground" laws after a jury acquitted George Zimmerman in the 2012 killing of unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin.
Quote:
The original article continues below.
  • Mary Mary
  • Eddie Levert
  • Rod Stewart
  • Madonna
  • Usher
  • Pattie Labelle
  • Kanye West
  • Mary J
  • Trey Songz
  • Jay Z
  • Rolling Stones
  • Justin Timberlake
  • R. Kelly
  • Rihanna
  • Alicia Keys
  • Joe
  • Will I AM
  • Keyshia Cole
  • Young Jeezy
  • Erykah Badu
  • Wale
  • Frankie Beverly
  • Parliament
Now, I've been in other threads where feminist liberals have stated to me that celebrities can not be looked to for American and life issues such as marriage--or mother's like Halle Berry not being obese. Apparently, Halle Berry can't have a "real marriage" (but gay people can) and no American woman can not get fat after having a child unless they have Halle Berry's income.

I bring that up because now celebrities are using their weight--and example--to support a liberal agenda. Now, I bet, feminist liberals have no problem with celebrities interjecting themselves into American and life issues. And no doubt they will have no problem with liberals pointing to them as a good example.

Frankly, I say good on Florida if these celebrities boycott their state.

In fact, I encourage these celebrities to boycott Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and just about every state in the Union that has a city with a high homicide rate.

I mean... it's not like Zimmerman walked up to a crowd of people at a block party or a memorial party and started shooting into the crowd, gunning down innocent people or even a little girl.

In other words Zimmerman didn't go "Chicago" on that a___.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,318,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
That is economically devastating. Beyond the show ticket prices, add in concessions, add in, in most cities, Nashville being ordinary, the home team Predators rely on concerts in the off season supplementing them, as they get 1/3rd the revenue for all other stuff.

I had expected some, but not that many, and not that many who could fill a large venue.

Ca-ching..less.
I pointed this out earlier in the thread. IF something like this ever occurred it would be financially devasting for the cities that have large arenas dependent on concerts. IF something like ever occurred the SYG law would be stricken from the books so fast heads would spin. I wonder how many posters would still be marching around chanting "who cares" IF something like this really happened. I doubt many artists would pull out of a booked & confirmed tour but they certainly might choose not to play there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If you believe that blacks in general benefit from SYG that was disproven by the source investigaors...Olando senitnal.

their investigation showed that gang bangers and drive by shooters are using SYG and are being let go...how does that benefit black folk?
Well duh! Aren't all black folks gang bangers?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,520,881 times
Awesome, all that means is the number of drug using criminal pedophiles just went down in Florida. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies