Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times

Advertisements

Good, big win for Florida since only the Stones, Rod Stewart and Patti Labelle have any talent whatsoever on that list

Like any of those others stand for anything in reality..... besides the $
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
How do you figure? A large portion of their fans are white.
More are black.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well their audience will not understand that.
Go for the ignorant masses.

Notice that no one asked Stevie the hard questions regarding this.
Like if he's moving or even retiring.

This is akin to those conservative actors who threatened to leave the country after the Presidential election. Notice they are still living here.

Tha Stevie guy must be blind as a bat not to understand SYG laws.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
In response and due to the ‘stand your ground’ law on the books in florida! Along with the great stevie wonder, the following acts have canceled (all) of their up-n-coming concert dates, in and around florida, indefinitely!!! Or until the law in florida is abolished.

Mary - mary
rod stewart
eddie levert
maze/frankie beverly
patti labelle
parliament/funkadelic
the rolling stones
madonna
alishia keys
usher,
will.i.am
r. Kelly
trey songz
rihana
erykah badu,
mary j. Blige
"jay-z"
"kanye west"
wale'
young jeezy,
charlie wilson,
joe
ciara
kelly rowland
keyshia cole
justin timberlake

now, if you add all those ticket sales up you are talking billions!

Justin timberlake 20/20 vision tour was due to kick off in miami - he canceled and he quoted:

"i refuse to entertain a state who's government allows people to shoot-n-kill un-armed teenagers!"
NICE!! I don't have to worry about the massive crowds choking the roads when any of these fools comes to Montana (we have a limited SYG law here). They are doing us a great favor by NOT coming here, IMO. In return for that favor, I pledge that I will NOT go to any of their shows in any neighboring state in which they might appear.
That, too, is a meaningless pledge, because I wouldn't spend the money to see any of their shows anyway. In fact, if they set up to play in my horse pasture, I would arrange to be out of town that day!
What a joke!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
These people don't believe someone has the right to defend themselves?

I'd actually believe they were sincere if they didn't travel with armed security guards.

This is all show and nothing more. They'll be back in Florida shortly. After all, they are capitalist pigs and they like money.

Ohh the irony. Honestly, no big loss on the majority of those artists. Florida will be fine.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
California's SYG:

Quote:
"A defendant is not required to retreat. He or she is entitled to stand his or her ground and defend himself or herself and, if reasonably necessary, to pursue an assailant until the danger of (death/great bodily injury/<insert forcible and atrocious crime>) has passed. This is so even if safety could have been achieved by retreating."

So in California, not only could you stay and fight, you can even chase your attacker if it will neutralize the threat to your life.

5 Things To Know About 'Stand Your Ground' In California | KQED News Fix

Old 07-23-2013, 11:11 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah it impacts the BLACK fans, since most of those artists are black artists and have a mostly black following. Just more black people hating on other black people again.
Black people like Rod Stewart, the Rolling Stones, Madonna and Justin Timberlake? As for the rest--YOUNG people like those groups. It's not just a black thing--my kid's and their friends (who are primarily white) out here in the boonies all like those performers.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Black people like Rod Stewart, the Rolling Stones, Madonna and Justin Timberlake? As for the rest--YOUNG people like those groups. It's not just a black thing--my kid's and their friends (who are primarily white) out here in the boonies all like those performers.
Go to a Jay-Z concert and many of the others there and see who is in attendance. The majority will be black. Yeah young people really like some of those old hags..lmao. They most likely never even heard of them.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Not a single one I care about. Good, I couldn't care any less. They are only hurting their fan base which are mostly blacks!!! LMAO!
Um, no. You're a fool if you honestly think that and just because YOU don't care about any of the above artists that doesn't mean that NO ONE cares about them. That's a logical fallacy right there, kid.

Take a look at this from a financial point of view. All those artists refuse to work Florida. Guess what? That's a buck ton of ticket sales and revenue that won't be flowing in as a result. That's less money to be circulated in the state economy and less money being filtered through to the citizenry, but you knew that already.

Also, black artists do not necessarily have a majority black fan base, goof. They are NOT hurting their fan base which are NOT mostly black. Your ignorance and bigotry is what's funny here.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:30 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
Nevada has a stand your ground law. Wonder how many will boycott Vegas?
Depends - did a jury in Vegas allow a murderer to walk free after killing a teenager? Did a case get national media? Did the life of the dead teenager get put on trial because the defendant was half-white/half-hispanic? Did the right wingers in this country pat themselves on the back because another "blackie" has been taken out and it's one less minority to worry about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies