Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 09:44 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't know my ancestors...and neither do you. So how do you know what they did or didn't sell?

Where are my ancestors from in Africa? What was their name? I mean...you know so much. Tell me.

Moreover, you misunderstood my post. I don't give a damn about you or your guilt. My point is that there is no such thing as white guilt. Never was.

And even if white folks felt any guilt, why should I give a shyt? White guilt and a nickel wouldn't get me a cup of coffee.

So please ...go play somewhere.
Another who can dish it out but, can't take it.

You paint ALL whites with a broad brush yet when someone does it to you, you whine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 10:01 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I have heard many blacks use "the white man is keepin me down" crap as an excuse not to succeed.

Sounds like you are clueless to me.
But did white folks not enact over 100 years of Jim Crow? So basically Jim Crow is made up?? Lol, what is Jim Crow just a big misunderstanding and really white folks looove them some black people. They didn't mean to string up black men by their balls, sick dogs and waterhoses on black folk, and murder MLK.

And even though that stuff was happening just a few decades ago, all the racism in the white community just magically disappeared. Please

I guess you skipped that part in your history class but you ought to be old enough to use a simple Google search. Something tells me you don't know the first thing about anything related to what black people have gone through or really any other non-white other than some racist stuff your parents probably spouted off to breed another racist white adult.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:06 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
But did white folks not enact over 100 years of Jim Crow? So basically Jim Crow is made up?? Lol, what is Jim Crow just a big misunderstanding and really white folks looove them some black people. They didn't mean to string up black men by their balls, sick dogs and waterhoses on black folk, and murder MLK.

And even though that stuff was happening just a few decades ago, all the racism in the white community just magically disappeared. Please

I guess you skipped that part in your history class but you ought to be old enough to use a simple Google search. Something tells me you don't know the first thing about anything related to what black people have gone through or really any other non-white other than some racist stuff your parents probably spouted off to breed another racist white adult.
Racism isn't going to go away so long as there are people like you that keep promoting it. The vast majority of people that I know don't care what color your skin is or what ethnicity you are. They care about how you treat other people. Constantly berating white people for something that the current generation had absolutely nothing to do with isn't the way to combat racism, but it's a really good way to make sure that the stupidity which was Jim Crow stays in the forefront of everyone's mind and keep racial tension alive.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 AM

264 posts, read 280,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Racism isn't going to go away so long as there are people like you that keep promoting it. The vast majority of people that I know don't care what color your skin is or what ethnicity you are. They care about how you treat other people. Constantly berating white people for something that the current generation had absolutely nothing to do with isn't the way to combat racism, but it's a really good way to make sure that the stupidity which was Jim Crow stays in the forefront of everyone's mind and keep racial tension alive.
In all fairness, this was instigated by a thread being started stating that black people should get over slavery. If a thread started saying that whites need to stop being racist, I bet you would be the first to come to white people's defense.

Sure, complaining out of nowhere doesn't help things, but should black people not be able to defend themselves from these kinds of attacks? They should just take it like a good black person?

Can you see the hypocrisy?

Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
In all fairness, this was instigated by a thread being started stating that black people should get over slavery. If a thread started saying that whites need to stop being racist, I bet you would be the first to come to white people's defense.

Sure, complaining out of nowhere doesn't help things, but should black people not be able to defend themselves from these kinds of attacks? They should just take it like a good black person?

Can you see the hypocrisy?
Have you read a single post that I've written other than the one you just quoted? Racism is the epitome of stupidity, no matter which direction it is coming from. Second place goes to anyone who lets what happened to their ancestors 150 years ago, or even 50 years ago, shape their outlook on modern society.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Another who can dish it out but, can't take it.

You paint ALL whites with a broad brush yet when someone does it to you, you whine.
You're gonna answer the question, or keep sniveling like a teenage girl?

Who were my ancestors, where did they come from in Africa, what were their names, and who did they sell?

Tell me, how is it possible that my ancestors sold my ancestors into slavery?

Lol...duuuuuuuuuh.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:18 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I suspect that there are malicious trolls ravaging this site posting inflamatory threads to get everyone riled up and watch bigots have at black people who try and defend their meager dignity. But what if we just remain indifferent, let them bark and snarl all they want and give them plenty of rope to hang themselves...??
Well that's not racist at all.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:30 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
What about BLACK GUILT?
African slavery was practiced there first by other Africans. It had many forms and complex rules, but was practiced by black Africans before white Americans began to trade in slaves.
In fact didn't black Africans start the whole slave thing there and get it first organized for Arab slave trade?
Thankfully, both races have evolved out of the enslavement of other humans. So lets celebrate THAT instead of dumping guilt or blame around.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:35 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Last I checked slave trading is alive and well in Africa...that and getting your arms hacked off.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What about BLACK GUILT?
African slavery was practiced there first by other Africans. It had many forms and complex rules, but was practiced by black Africans before white Americans began to trade in slaves.
In fact didn't black Africans start the whole slave thing there and get it first organized for Arab slave trade?
Thankfully, both races have evolved out of the enslavement of other humans. So lets celebrate THAT instead of dumping guilt or blame around.
I think everyone should thank us white people for ending slavery in the West and fighting it hard in the rest of the world. There should be a Thank Whitey Day.

Edited to add:

It was a white guy who invented the Twinkie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies