Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,738,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
We don't have a caste system, we have CHOICE a system one of workers and non-workers, lazy and non-lazy, educated and non-educated all of which are CHOICES.

The FACT that people continue to makes excuses for those that CHOOSE to not even try to better themselves is naive. People who want to make something out of their lives usually do, people who want everything done for them and don't want to actually work for it usually don't. That has ZERO to do with slavery and everything to do with using it as an excuse to not even try. No person is entitled to a dang thing if you want something, make it happen don't expect someone else to do it for you. The excuses need to stop!
We have a choice system. And the choice generally means to either not invite people like me to the party. Or assume if I am invited I don't deserve to be there. These are great choices.

I am well aware I was fortunate to have quite a few advantages (being born to college educated parents). And even with that I run into issues. If I run into roadblocks, what about other people without those luxuries?

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 11:59 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I don't know any black people who obsess about slavery and claim that "the man" is holding them back. I'd wager that those who claim to know black people who do this are lying. .
This^^^.

These clowns are just looking for a way to make yet another thread about black people, which has become their perpetual obsession.

I don't know any black folks that bring up slavery or the "I'm being held down" nonsense either....and I KNOW black folks. Lots of them.

These conservative types generally know about 1 and half black people tops...if that. They don't have conversations with blacks, and aren't privy to intra black discusssions about any topics of relative importance. They don't know how blacks feel about a stack of pancakes...let alone slavery or any serious issues.

What little they do know is from TV or some lame ass internet blog...and even that info is suspect.

So these threads (made by white folks) postulating what black folks think should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,451,671 times
Blacks should feel extremely fortunate that their ancestors were brought to America MANY, MANY generations ago to be slaves. If I were black I would be glad this happened to my relatives of MANY, MANY dozens of generations ago... This distant event actually saved those people's lives and extended their lineage.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:07 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,712,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
How long ago since "seperate but equal", which wasn't equal at all?

Man, these white power threads get old....
you should know. colorado is 4% black. that's probably one neighborhood in denver.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:22 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,251,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Bahahahaha. And how do you know what color I am? You have no clue, you just assume because you don't like to hear the truth. The fact that someone that wants to succeed usually does and ones that don't give a crap should not expect a freakin thing. Jim Crow and slavery have been over for a very long time and the excuses are getting old. If you want to make something out of your life you will. I would like for you to names me one city that is predominantly black that is successful, that is not poverty ridden and crime ridden. Just one!

Oh and feel free to call me whatever you want it does and will never change the FACTS!
I live in a majority black county where the median income is 72k per year. So you get your fact straight Ms. Racist. And I grew up in a majority black middle class area also where most blacks are college educated and have good jobs.

Here is a short list of affluent black communities:

Affluent African American Communities | AfricanAmericanDigest.com

Do you think because Gay marriage is legal in several places, everyone is suddenly all for it. It's the same thing with civil rights. There are plenty of whites who would like to see every minority in this country disappear. There are still people who hate gays, Jews, AND black people. I'm guessing you are one of them.

Your bitterness against black people is apparent. Seek therapy. Cause obviously you are thinking more about us than we are you.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:48 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Blacks should feel extremely fortunate that their ancestors were brought to America MANY, MANY generations ago to be slaves. If I were black I would be glad this happened to my relatives of MANY, MANY dozens of generations ago... This distant event actually saved those people's lives and extended their lineage.
Do you know how dumb you sound? SMH...typical conservative, I swear.

So no black lineages would've survived without slavery, huh? Really?

That's strange. How are there tens of millions of blacks in West Africa today despite slavery? How did their lineages survive?

No...YOU are the one that should be happy to be here. The chance is far higher that you descendants of Europeans would have never been born if your ancestors hadn't left that hellhole. After all, even in the middle of the last century, Europeans managed to slaughter 50-60 million of their own citizens in one war. Nevermind all the dumb tribal European wars that led up to that one that killed millions.

So sure, I'm grateful, but not nearly as grateful as you should be.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:16 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,605,982 times
Slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:18 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,461,503 times
Quote:
Again, much bigger chance that you would've never been born had your ancestors not come to America than is the case for me.

And you know it.
Well, since their ancestors were captured and sold by a stronger tribe the chances that they would have been killed rather than sold is pretty strong. But they will never see that!

I do think it's funny that it's not considered racist to blame all the white people here for slavery when many whites here have ancestors than immigrated here long after slavery was abolished.

Besides, each of us is only responsible for what we ourselves have done.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,451,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.
BINGO!

What decent society would want that? Sadly, it is their culture that is the problem...

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,399,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
BINGO!

What decent society would want that? Sadly, it is their culture that is the problem...
We also have to blame our government for allowing this to continue. This cycle passes down from generation to generation. I have seen women (mostly minority and not necessarily all black) have a child, get aid for the child, which should be temporary. Then get pregnant again by another baby daddy, and now she qualifies for free or low income housing, where she's allowed to have more out of wedlock children. This was very prevalent in the 70s, 80s, and 90s until Bill Clinton reformed welfare. But even with that, I have seen how women could still get aid when they were raped, molested, or took in their siblings children so that they system could help take care of her and her own kids as well. So part of the problem to me is the US Government who isn't empowering these women at all. They are allowing them to remain uneducated and to simply get pregnant to have tax payers pay for their room, board, and free job training, when they feel like getting trained. It's basically an entitlement because who would allow a mother and child be homeless out on the streets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies