Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Guilt is an individual condition, so you wouldn't necessarily see such a thing.

Apparently you don't have any close white friends, or your friends don't let you know if they feel guilty.

However, you seem to be invoking the idea of collective guilt, and that my friend, does not exist at the moment.

White people living today, as a whole, have no reason to feel guilty over anything of significance, and those who claim they do are only are only trying to spread division and enmity where there should only be unity and harmony.
Why are you attempting to explain to me about what white people should feel about this or that. I'm not white, and i don't really give a damn one way or the other. Not my business. That's your business.

I'm just saying that if there is this huge thing called White Guilt, i sure as hell ain't seen it.

The only idea that i'm invoking is that there is no White Guilt...never was. For anything.

As to whether or not i have white friends, meh...i have a few. Why would i want to elicit guilt from my own friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 11:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm just saying that if there is this huge thing called White Guilt, i sure as hell ain't seen it.

The only idea that i'm invoking is that there is no White Guilt...never was. For anything.
Ah, then it seems that you and Harrier are in agreement.

Pardon Harrier, from your other post it seemed to him that you felt that white people should feel guilty, and that you had not seen such expressions of guilt.

Please accept Harrier's most profound apologies.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When people blame it gives them an excuse for their own failures. Yea point your finger at everyone else and that will help it get better and all go away.
You keep posting gems that describe youself to a T. Errie.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:15 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
I agree...get over it.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I'm sure I could find a news story about some white guy who did the same thing. What would that prove?

What this story does prove is that this guy, and the women he impregnated, wasn't taught about the consequences of his actions. I blame their parents as well as the schools where they apparently weren't paying attention during, or didn't even have, sex ed classes. (Since TN is a red state, I suspect the latter.)
Guy has 22 kids and you blame his school??
Lol you're part of the problem then.
You suppose the deadbeat and the 14 mothers were in the same class?
Enabling leeches like this clown and his dopin' hoes is like a hobby for the left.
I'm convinced they do it merely to feel better about their own miserable lives, not out of any type of compassion.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Guy has 22 kids and you blame his school??
Lol you're part of the problem then.
I blamed his parents first.

I got my values from my parents. Where did you get YOUR values from?

Old 07-22-2013, 11:56 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I've never felt any white guilt, just confusion over why people think I should feel guilty about anything.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 AM

207 posts, read 336,045 times
The only reason why anyone would still feel like slavery has any effect on their lives here in 2013 is pretty simple. They have been taught that they are victims, by family members who feel like they are victims. It's often passed down from generation to generation. As long as black people see themselves as victims, then that's exactly what they're going to be. Once you decide you're a victim, then you'll always be one. The difference between being a victor and a victim is a choice. These people are not responsible for what happens to them, it's always someone else's fault. These people wake up in the morning and have already been defeated. The Law of Attraction is very real. Why do something about your life, if it's not even your fault that you're not where you want to be. I've known people like this, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to help them. They have a million excuses for why they're going to fail, so they don't even try. They love making people feel sorry for them, and when they do, they latch onto that person to get what they can out of them. You can either feel helpless, powerless and blame others for your life, or you can become a victor and turn those feelings into ownership and responsibility. Instead of making excuses, victors make their problems their own and do something about them. The only way the effects of slavery (lol) are still going to exist, are if people decide that they're going to. When really they just have a victim's mentality, and decide that life is too hard, and they're just going to give up before they even start.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
"A lot of people, most people, are encumbered with a kind of mechanism that is called guilt. As I understand it, guilt is a mechanism...It's this mechanism that we use to control people. It's an illusion. It's a kind of societal mechanism and it's very unhealthy. It does terrible things to our bodies...I feel sorry for a lot of people who have to do things that hurt them. But I don't feel sorry for anyone who doesn't feel guilt, because the guilt doesn't solve anything, really. It hurts you."

- Ted Bundy, as told to Hugh Aynesworth and printed in the book The Only Living Witness.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:13 AM

207 posts, read 336,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I blamed his parents first.

I got my values from my parents. Where did you get YOUR values from?
How do you even know this guy has parents? Did he even go to school? I don't know, but apparently you do. Can you please tell us a little bit more about this seemingly upstanding young man? Exactly where did he go to school again? I would love to know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies