Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 02:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Blacks in America have a very self-destructive culture, which has only gotten worse over time. Nothing the government has done to help these people has worked, and God knows it has tried everything for a long, long time. It has only made things worse for them. Any changes for the better must come from them, which is highly unlikely to happen because they don't have the same values that are looked upon by non-blacks as being favorable. I think in the decades to come Hispanics will fly past blacks in social status, which will setback blacks further due to their own negative actions and inadequences. More and more people are starting to care less and less about what blacks have to say about most everything...especially their complaints pertaining to race discrimination.
You're talking class, not race. The same could be said about white people who live in extreme poverty. What is their excuse when they've never been discriminated against in America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
that is true as also it true that the Holocaust tragedy is exploited.

But it has never been used in a justification of CURRENT individual failures. If anything, Jews as a group have used all the reparation to their real benefit - as a group they are one of the most successful.

Contrary to ever whining AA community ( through their "representatives").

The reason why it happened this way for both groups is obvious - African Americans are being exploited by their leaders and by new slave-owners a.k.a affluent white liberals and Jewish leaders in the community encouraged their individual members to success as it will benefit the Jewish community and state as a whole.
And there you have it. Did blacks ever receive reparations to help them rebuild after gaining their freedom? What about after being freed of the burden of oppressive Jim Crow laws?

Old 08-02-2013, 04:21 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Maybe we can pass some sort of Law that makes it mandatory to trace your genealogy and give "absolution" to those of us who never had ANY ancestors who even lived in this country before the Civil War. At least a bunch of people might be able to get out of this nightmare of century old "blame".

This entire "you are to blame for my state in life" because you must have had a Slave Owner ancestor over 150 years ago is beyond ridiculous - at least some of us could escape the "stain" that we are all forced to bear for something none of us (or our ancestors) had anything to do with. I didn't have a single ancestor that lived here before the civil war - except for a Great Grandmother who was a Cherokee .... I'm sure she never owned Slaves.

The bottom line here has always been the same ...... Reparations. "You owe me", "you are the reason I drop out of school", "you are the reason I can't find a job", "you are the reason we kill each other for sport", "you are the reason we have single mothers and failing families", "you are the reason for everything thing that is wrong in my life". YOU YOU YOU ...... you are the reason for all my ills.

The Victimhood is never ending, and people are beginning to work that out. This country has spent Billions and Billions in some sort of "atonement" and it won't matter how many more Billions and Billions we throw down that never ending hole ..... it will never be enough. I have no idea what would be enough and I don't think anyone else does either ..... it just "more".

Nobody is born a Bigot, it is carefully taught ..... today, it's being carefully taught in Black Communities all over the USA. "They owe you", because of a history from the 1800's. A history that many never even lived in this country to be "guilty of". Little children are growing up carefully nurtured in this "bigotry" an Victimhood. It's like a business.

It's time to move on .... not the Black Communities that promote this bigotry (they can do what they choose), but the rest of us that never had anything at all to do with any of it, and are more than tired of the Blame game for gain. We need to just ignore them, because all the programs, the Head Start, the Affirmative Action, the Busing, the Cities like Detroit that have been run by Blacks for over 35 years, a two term Black President & all the Black CongressCritters that do nothing but incessantly whine...... is not enough and nothing will ever be enough.

I'm tired of it. The last 5 years have been a real learning experience. I couldn't help by cry tears of joy to see the first Black President elected - I was very active in the Civil Rights movement as a student. The disappointment of the failure of this President is massive - no "United States of America", but deepening division for political gain. It's horrible to watch.
Oh, didn't you get the memo? All white Americans alive today are automatically guilty by race and skin color. Individual ancestry is irrelevant. It's the same stupid claim about what happened to the so-called native Americans. Whites today are supposedly all guilty whether or not their ancestors were involved in any conflicts with them. My ancestors didn't even come over here until the early 1900's after our country was established.

I didn't like Obama because he was a Democrat, period! Before his scandal I would have loved to see Herman Cain make the GOP ticket.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
[quote=vox populi;30778737][quote=simetime;30775484][quote=vox populi;30774665]

professional race parasites a.k.a. eric holder, barac obama, jessie jackson, al sharpton, federica wilson, maxine waters at al - are constantly whining about whiteys holding blacks down.

Please find the quote, website or anything that has any of them saying what you just LIED about

as do you in the above paragraph :" That there is still racism in America?"

Do you believe that there is'nt?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
because they do not whine ad nauseum about it to justify their PRESENT failures.
No because not one peson in the media dare say anything negative about them. There is more of a fear of insulting jews then it is with blacks. That being said, they have no reason to constantly have to defend themselves over racial injustices.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 PM

808 posts, read 662,355 times
[quote=simetime;30790355][quote=vox populi;30778737][quote=simetime;30775484]
Quote:

professional race parasites a.k.a. eric holder, barac obama, jessie jackson, al sharpton, federica wilson, maxine waters at al - are constantly whining about whiteys holding blacks down.

Please find the quote, website or anything that has any of them saying what you just LIED about

as do you in the above paragraph :" That there is still racism in America?"

Do you believe that there is'nt?
there is racism in the world.

it is not worse in America than anywhere else.

and it has all colors of the spectrum, not just black and white

get over it.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Maybe whites should have picked their own cotton. I guess it's too late for that.
Hey, if I complain about the way my stepfather treated me as a kid, can I get all sorts of sympathy and financial help? After all, it only happened a few decades ago.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:10 PM

808 posts, read 662,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No because not one peson in the media dare say anything negative about them. There is more of a fear of insulting jews then it is with blacks. That being said, they have no reason to constantly have to defend themselves over racial injustices.
really? I mean are you kidding me?

you seriously want to blame the media with them "insulting" blacks/jews/rednecks/bipolar for personal failures?

you really are hopeless.

if THAT is the mentality spread out throughout AA -" they insult us in the media, so that is why we fail" - it is a very bad prediction for the future and almost a guarantee of failures ahead.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, didn't you get the memo? All white Americans alive today are automatically guilty by race and skin color. Individual ancestry is irrelevant. It's the same stupid claim about what happened to the so-called native Americans. Whites today are supposedly all guilty whether or not their ancestors were involved in any conflicts with them. My ancestors didn't even come over here until the early 1900's after our country was established.

I didn't like Obama because he was a Democrat, period! Before his scandal I would have loved to see Herman Cain make the GOP ticket.
Nope, not all white americans old navy! Just you! You should feel guilty, yep!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
really? I mean are you kidding me?

you seriously want to blame the media with them "insulting" blacks/jews/rednecks/bipolar for personal failures?

you really are hopeless.

if THAT is the mentality spread out throughout AA -" they insult us in the media, so that is why we fail" - it is a very bad prediction for the future and almost a guarantee of failures ahead.

Reading is really fundamental and you apparently missed that part of the program because if you would re-read what I wrote you would understand that I was not blaming the media pe se, I was comparing how blacks and jews are treated differently by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies