Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 04:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Oh, please!
If they're missing out on these identities, mother Africa is always there waiting for them.

Hello McFly calling on Mcfly! Which country should they all go back to or at all? You sound like a typical insensitive clueless white american when talking about the inequalities/history of racism in this country. Please do us all a favor and if you cannot contribute anything of substance to the conversation, please keep your telephone on mute and learn.

Last edited by simetime; 08-03-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's it! People on welfare, a job for able bodied welfare recipients, they can pick cotton.
Mr. Petch, please feel free to join the rest of us into the 21st century. The hardest part of cotton picking is done by machines which may need training. Are you wiling to pay for their training?

Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
ah, you are backing up when it is up to your face
still - it was you, who have said this:

in a discussion who and what are to be blamed for the PERSONAL failures of one vs the other group of people.

What I said does not absolve blacks or anyone else from personal failures, I simply made a comparison between how blacks and Jews are portrayed in the media. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Besides, you do realize that there are other people also involved in this conversation.

in explanation of which YOU posted that moronic "media insulting blacks" reason.
I can't be so far off of the mark since there is not one day even on C-D that blacks are attacked as a whole by some ill-informed person such as yourself

Old 08-03-2013, 05:50 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,928,669 times
There is no money in reminding everyone else, but the Elite that they are all debt slaves regardless of race or anything else. The memes of divisiveness lately have been sexual orientation and race. They are beating the drum regularly. They laugh all the way to the bank.
Really wouldn't waste much time on any of it.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 PM

[quote=Dumbdowndemocrats;30798710]
Quote:
Who's feeling guilty, I don't. Especially when I was not born and it was over 140 years ago. That's slower than Obamas economic growth rate.

The actual act ended years ago but you are still ignoring Jim Crow Laws, racial redlining, housing and employment discrimination, not to mention disparities in education that have continued well into this generation. Understand this, physical slavery was the worst part but subtle racism still exist

Who has ridden the racist politics for years now. For the sin of slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

Oh that is easy, whites have. You do realize that the welfare system was never designed for blacks in the first place. Blacks and the History of Welfare - University of Dayton
As for Affirmative Action, well white women have overwhelmingly benefitted from that program

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.

Really? Lets take a closer "look" at these statistics. First lets look at the illegitimate birth rate that some educationally lazy people are quoting which I believe is around 72%. Now according to the 2011 census blacks only make up only 13% of the population, so if you are talking about 72% of OOW births are from 13% of the population means that they are only counting FROM that 13% and not from the population as a whole. I will even make it easier to understand. If you have 10 people and 7 of them have OOW births that is 70% but it is in reality only seven people. this much different then if you said that 13% of the population of 100 were responsible for 70% OOW births in the country which is not true.

The violent criminal aspect is a joke because it only counts for those who are convicted and sentenced, which many of us know is an unbalanced legal system to begin with. I bet if you compared the educational and economic attainment of the convicted you will find even more disportionate numbers.

As far as your assertion that blacks have a abnormally high drop out rate, that assumption would vary from state to state and actually the Latinos in most times have a higher dropout rate (but of course you knew that). Truthfully I believe that goes hand in hand with the funding being cutoff by certain factions in Congress and the lack of meaningful employment future for our youth as a whole.
Interactive: State High School Graduation Rates by Race, …
This brings us back to your "handout theory", apparently you do not realize that there are more whites on welfare (handouts) then there are blacks?

These people never picked a bushel of cotton or had a horse whip to their bare skin but some how feel entitled to reap from others who had nothing to do with slavery.Wow
...And those who never had to work a day in their lives are reaping the benefits from the huge economic headstart while another group was working for free.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,470,526 times
[quote=Dumbdowndemocrats;30798710]
Quote:
Who's feeling guilty, I don't. Especially when I was not born and it was over 140 years ago. That's slower than Obamas economic growth rate.

Who has ridden the racist politics for years now. For the sin of slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.

These people never picked a bushel of cotton or had a horse whip to their bare skin but some how feel entitled to reap from others who had nothing to do with slavery.Wow
BINGO! Blacks have, blacks are (and blacks WILL) pay dearly for their stupidity of continuing to use slavery as a reason to complain...and receive handouts. Everyone is sick and tired of that old crap.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
[quote=highcotton;30802112]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post

BINGO! Blacks have, blacks are (and blacks WILL) pay dearly for their stupidity of continuing to use slavery as a reason to complain...and receive handouts. Everyone is sick and tired of that old crap.
I don't know any black people whining about not receiving enough handouts.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:39 PM

[quote=highcotton;30802112]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post

You are soooo right how dare those people complain about being treated unfairly!

Old 08-03-2013, 10:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
It sounds like you are the one with the hang ups. You seem to have a complex feeling as thought you think people feel this way about you. There is no reason that if an person can come from another country, barley speak the language with no one here can make it that blacks that were born here can't. The difference is one WANTS to make it and the other wants it HANDED to them.
I am doing pretty well and I still feel this way. This tells me the system isn't very fair. I have had plenty if advantages that have enabled me to be successful. I have also met people with much more drive than I have and haven't able to get past their disadvantaged start in life. We claim trying hard is enough to get ahead, and that is a big fat myth.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:57 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,120 times
You don't seem to be able to handle equal opportunity...and seek equal outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies