Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The Broderick–Terry duel (subsequently called "the last notable American duel")[1] was fought between United States Senator David C. Broderick, of California, and ex-Chief Justice David S. Terry, of the Supreme Court of California, on September 13, 1859.

The last notable duel was in 1859.
Then came along the "Peacemaker" and changed everything... They where then called a gunfight.
Better grease your caps!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:36 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Someone following me down the street at night poses a threat to my security and I will always regard it as a threat. Any time I am in a large city, I am constantly checking around me for such threats. That you guys, of all people, are now going to try to tell us that Martin could not have reasonably felt threatened, is the biggest hoot I have ever seen on this forum and the height of chutzpah.
Damn straight! Follow me around and then get out and approach me with even the slightest threatening behavior and you will be dead. I carry.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Someone following me down the street at night poses a threat to my security and I will always regard it as a threat. Any time I am in a large city, I am constantly checking around me for such threats. That you guys, of all people, are now going to try to tell us that Martin could not have reasonably felt threatened, is the biggest hoot I have ever seen on this forum and the height of chutzpah.

How did it go from a simple communication deal, to a punch in the nose and a MMA full mount, pound a skull into concrete? How. Who was actually the curious and who was the predator? Predators don't get punched in the nose....

Old 07-22-2013, 10:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The second amendment clearly states we have a right to stand our ground, against all forms of oppression and tyranny.
The right to self-defense pre dates the US Constitution. The second amendment of the US Constitution confirms the right to bear arms.

Neither of those two rights is stand your ground.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Then came along the "Peacemaker" and changed everything... They where then called a gunfight.
Better grease your caps!
Because you want to go back to a time when we had duels? Yeah, I am sure you would crap your pants if you were challenged to a duel.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
How did it go from a simple communication deal, to a punch in the nose and a MMA full mount, pound a skull into concrete? How. Who was actually the curious and who was the predator? Predators don't get punched in the nose....
They do when the one they are attacking punches them in the nose.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Where in the US Constitution, and the second amendment, is an age specified?
so why dont you defend Trayvon Martin's right to protect himself? Why is he not entitled to the second amendment right to stand his ground?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
The facts that came out in a court of law and a jury of 6 saw it much differently that what you have read into the case, that never came to see the light of day... Why?

what facts? It was one person's account.

maybe the reason it didn't come to light because the person that could have brought those fact to light...is dead.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 PM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
Quote:
Doofus is/was a wannabe cop who never would have left his car had he not been armed. He was getting his a*s handed to him by a 5'11" 158 pound, 17 year-old kid. I didn't follow this case much at all, but wasn't there also testimony that Doofus was crying for help from the bottom? The guy's a big, lardy puss. Again, the guy's trainer/sensei/McDojo grand master said he was soft and couldn't handle anyone.

I bring it up to point out why these people devote so much time to this and why they cheer what happened. Notice how neither you nor any of them have the stones to admit that you would never defend Doofus if he had zeroed in on a white woman and had been following her down the street and gotten out of his car?

I could not agree more about having an honest discussion about the disproportionate number of violent black offenders. It's one of the beefs I have with people of my political persuasion.
I kindly ask you post a link of Zimmerman's trainer saying that.

And you seem desperate to turn Zimmerman into some kind of overgrown puss and wannabe cop while still trying to maintain that "kid" angle for Martin. I could sit here and lists things that would make Martin look like a petty thug, but what good does that do any of this?

"Noffke: He's running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.

Noffke: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman: The back entrance…****ing [unintelligible].

Noffke: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah

Noffke: OK, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: OK."

But keep telling yourself Zimmerman just recklessly "zeroed" and "targeted" Martin. And If the white woman proceeded to bash his skull into the ground, pleading for help and for it to stop and a gun made her stop, I doubt many white people would be having national marches and protests/riots for her. The following wasn't the main issue here, it's what happened after it. You can argue over your hypothetical of "well, if he followed a white woman, you would be upset about that" , which only makes sense to you. Have at it.

Last edited by EricGold; 07-22-2013 at 11:20 PM..

Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 PM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
Quote:
So you being so city savvy and all, you would know the best way to deal with a threat is to avoid it because nowadays, a gun, knife or whatever could end it all and you never know what a crazy person would pull.

That's the thing, if Zimmerman posed such a threat, a threat by a pansy as you say it, then why the hell didn't he haul ass to his home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies