Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
so why dont you defend Trayvon Martin's right to protect himself? Why is he not entitled to the second amendment right to stand his ground?
Martin's "right to stand his ground?" Who attacked who?

I'm getting real sick and tired of those of you who think that Martin had something to defend. He assaulted Zimmerman.

Martin, suspended from school recently for having been found with the "tools of burglary" in his posession (in his locker), was quite likely (though it will never be known now) one of the young black teens that had been breaking into the homes in the neighborhood.

Suspended multiple times for fighting, Martin was an angry black racist teen (Zimmerman, he described as a "creepy ass cracka"). He was common street thug, a drug user, and a loser. Period.

I'm also getting tired of hearing the lie that Zimmerman "followed" Martin, and ignored "orders" of the police not to follow. Those are gross misstatements of the facts.

It is pointless to go over all this again, because you people will never accept the truth, you didn't watch the trial, and you only know what the so-called "mainstream" media has been telling you, and they have lied since the day after the shooting.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
If Zimmerman had shot a white person there would be no discussion of any kind because nobody would have ever heard about it.
Of course not because Zimmerman would be going to jail for murdering a white person. Though I am sure a Con on C-D would be posting about how we should send all these Hispanics back where they came from.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Martin's "right to stand his ground?" Who attacked who?

I'm getting real sick and tired of those of you who think that Martin had something to defend. He assaulted Zimmerman.

Martin, suspended from school recently for having been found with the "tools of burglary" in his posession (in his locker), was quite likely (though it will never be known now) one of the young black teens that had been breaking into the homes in the neighborhood.

Suspended multiple times for fighting, Martin was an angry black racist teen (Zimmerman, he described as a "creepy ass cracka"). He was common street thug, a drug user, and a loser. Period.

I'm also getting tired of hearing the lie that Zimmerman "followed" Martin, and ignored "orders" of the police not to follow. Those are gross misstatements of the facts.

It is pointless to go over all this again, because you people will never accept the truth, you didn't watch the trial, and you only know what the so-called "mainstream" media has been telling you, and they have lied since the day after the shooting.
Oh course it is pointless to go over all this again because you clearly have bought the story that Zimmerman told even though his story is full of holes. And you clearly have no problem with creating reasons to justifying the murder of a black teen.

I doubt anything I say is gonna change that.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The second amendment clearly states we have a right to stand our ground, against all forms of oppression and tyranny.
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Where in the 2nd does it say that? Perhaps I missed the part about it saying "stand our ground."

Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM

39,074 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You're correct, Martin had no way of knowing if Doofus was carrying.That has nothing to do with feeling threatened. I have been in situations in which I feel threatened where I don't believe the person has a gun.

Why didn't he run away? Probably because some of us simply are not inclined to do that. I shared a story from when I was young. I believed it was the best way, and still do, to make him stop following me all the time because I felt threatened. If someone were brandishing a gun, of course I would look to get away if I were alone. In other situations, no, I would not just run away and would confront the person following me.
Sometimes running away is the best form of self-defense, sometimes bashing the head of the person who is threatening you into the pavement is the best. There is no duty to run. The decision must be left up to the person who believes his life is in danger. Martin chose to use his fists over his legs. We will never know why. Since the law won't allow teens who are being targeted by pedophiles and racists the right to carry for defense, their options are more limited than aggressors like Zimmerman or, in your case, the pedophile.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't be stupid. We see in TM vs GZ where that gets you - dead while the perpetrator walks free. And you seem to be trying to turn the facts around again: GZ was the stalker here and the one who deserved to die.

What happened to communication?
Did that get pushed aside?

What was said?

You attack me because I'm seeing what your doing and it will be a good day to die for either of us. It all depends who is better prepared.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Of course not because Zimmerman would be going to jail for murdering a white person. Though I am sure a Con on C-D would be posting about how we should send all these Hispanics back where they came from.
ROFL....just like the black guy who shot this white kid.

Gov. Paterson commutes sentence of Long Island dad John White convicted of killing teen Daniel Cicciaro Jr. - NYPOST.com

Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Where in the 2nd does it say that? Perhaps I missed the part about it saying "stand our ground."

An individuals rights are no different than the people as a whole. infringe on my freedom with violence and see where it gets you.
It is your ignorance, that thinks bear arms solely means a gun.

What if Zimmerman gutted him and removed his heart? Would he have beard his arms?

Trayvon beard his arms. The evidence is clear.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
It apparently does not apply to people under 18. If it did, GZ might, properly, be the dead guy here.
What?? You just had to be the first one out of the box to make an ignorant, uniformed statement.

TM was sitting on GZ's chest, bashing his face in, you cannot declare your intentions of not backing down, more then that.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Why do you struggle so much with this? Why do I have to say it over and over: Martin was trying to protect himself from a white vigilante stalker who made him fear for his safety and perhaps his life. He had every right to beat the crap out of him and had he a gun, to have shot the pig on the spot.
IF TM was using self defense, Once he realized that GZ was not fighting back and was yelling for help but continued to beat on him, then it went from self defense to aggravated battery. TM had not a mark on him from fighting.

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—
The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless
a) such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies