Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an inside job?
9/11 was an inside job planned by the Bush/Cheney Administration as a false flag mission to justify war. 66 31.58%
9/11 may not have been an "inside job", however the Bush/Cheney Administration knew about it beforehand and did nothing to prevent it. 50 23.92%
9/11 was planned and executed by Al Queda, the Bush/Cheney Administration had no part & prior knowledge of it; how dare you question our Government! 93 44.50%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Vigoda View Post
Building 7 was not hit by a plane and it fell straight down at freefall speed..
Thanks God it was manless at that moment and no one died there.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:02 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
It is much like a person who stands at the side of the road and sees a child run into traffic..and he turns away - that is 9 11

Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,245,672 times
[quote=Mightyqueen801;30651047]Talk to some of the 15,000 survivors who got out. They can tell you about the fires. Hardly "smallish".

There was fire on the 43rd floor. It came down the elevator shaft and engulfed a man who was standing waiting for the elevator and blew out into the corridor. Then the ceiling tiles started to come down. The whole building was jerking back and forth and then settled at a tilt. Water pipes were broken and water was pouring down the stairs. This was just after impact. I was on that floor.

I have friends who came down from 82. They found areas impassable due to fire and had to go back up stairs and find another route. At one point the only way they could get by was that they found a working firehose and one of the engineers (a Pakistani Muslim) held the water on the fire till they all passed safely and then came behind himself.

I have other coworkers who came down from 86. They started their trip hugging one side of the staircase because the wall on the other side was blown away and there was fire on the other side.

You think this is funny? Why don't you contact the only six people who got out of the Cornell Burn Unit after months of being in a drug-induced coma while their skin grafts healed and knock on their doors and inform them that there were only smallish fires. That is, if you have no problem looking at badly scarred people missing fingers and noses and hair.

Or, for those that burned to death in the lobby when the fireballs shot down the elevator shafts, you can just talk to their families.[/ QUOTE]

Funny??? Not even the slightest. You twisted my point in an ugly way. Im questionig the official NIST theory that the fires were hot enough to weaken the columns resulting in collapse of the towers and i dont need anybodys approval for doing so. That doesnt make me a psychopath or a sociopath with lack of emphaty. For the record: I do not believe that this was an inside job but a lot of things in the final report leaves me wondering. I would have voted for option three in the poll but the line "how dare you question our government" at the end made me choose not to. I question our government a lot like so many.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 07-25-2013 at 08:23 AM..

Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
+1 Whitlock. Questioning the government is the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning. But in the case of 9/11 I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that the government (or Bush/Cheney) had anything to do with it or had any advance knowledge of it.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
Nice thread, good way to collect all the people who think the CIA is bugging their toothbrushes in one place

Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
[quote=whitlock;30655977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Talk to some of the 15,000 survivors who got out. They can tell you about the fires. Hardly "smallish".

There was fire on the 43rd floor. It came down the elevator shaft and engulfed a man who was standing waiting for the elevator and blew out into the corridor. Then the ceiling tiles started to come down. The whole building was jerking back and forth and then settled at a tilt. Water pipes were broken and water was pouring down the stairs. This was just after impact. I was on that floor.

I have friends who came down from 82. They found areas impassable due to fire and had to go back up stairs and find another route. At one point the only way they could get by was that they found a working firehose and one of the engineers (a Pakistani Muslim) held the water on the fire till they all passed safely and then came behind himself.

I have other coworkers who came down from 86. They started their trip hugging one side of the staircase because the wall on the other side was blown away and there was fire on the other side.

You think this is funny? Why don't you contact the only six people who got out of the Cornell Burn Unit after months of being in a drug-induced coma while their skin grafts healed and knock on their doors and inform them that there were only smallish fires. That is, if you have no problem looking at badly scarred people missing fingers and noses and hair.

Or, for those that burned to death in the lobby when the fireballs shot down the elevator shafts, you can just talk to their families.[/ QUOTE]

Funny??? Not even the slightest. You twisted my point in an ugly way. Im questionig the official NIST theory that the fires were hot enough to weaken the columns resulting in collapse of the towers and i dont need anybodys approval for doing so. That doesnt make me a psychopath or a sociopath with lack of emphaty. For the record: I do not believe that this was an inside job but a lot of things in the final report leaves me wondering. I would have voted for option three in the poll but the line "how dare you question our government" at the end made me choose not to. I question our government a lot like so many.
Well, that's good to know. Everyone should, always.

I did not mean to "twist your point", but as you can imagine, I've heard a lot of stupid stuff from the conspiracy kids over the past dozen years, and as you must surely know, one of the lamest is that there was little or no fire. It just blows my mind that some people try to get others to believe that one, and it appeared that's what you were pushing. It took until early January to get the fires out, remember?

I'm curious as to why you doubt the NIST report about the fire and the weakening of the columns. What is your area of expertise that leads to your doubt?

I'm not an engineer myself, but I am in the building and engineering world, especially related to the WTC, and I do know for a fact that NIST didn't do this report in some kind of vacuum. Some people seem to want others to believe (not saying this means YOU) that NIST/"the government" went off somewhere into a little vacuum and then emerged with this report months later without any outside input.

The report was circulated in draft form to engineers in both public and private industry, commented upon and revised as necessary before it was ever released in final form. Subsequently, engineering conferences were held on the WTC steel performance all over the world so that engineers could study the collapse and design better, safer buildings. By and large, the engineering community accepts the collapse theory. In disagreeing with the NIST report, you are therefore not really just disagreeing with the government but with the people who are experts in the field and who knew the WTC structure intimately themselves.

Yes, there is that little band of so-called architects and engineers (some of them are, many are not) who follow that guy Gage with his demonstration using cardboard boxes of how the buildings couldn't have collapsed the way NIST said they did. But you have to question why, if there is validity to what he says, why so few people in the industry have signed on to what he claims.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 AM

206 posts, read 294,288 times
Professionals who questioned the NIST report lost credibility and their jobs in some instances. Going against an official truth is not good for your career in any field. People who speak their own mind are often ridiculed and slandered to look like 'fringe' nut jobs.

Also the CIA doesn't have to bug your toothbrush the NSA sees and hears almost everything we say and write.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times
babylon system

Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 AM

466 posts, read 901,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
What would have been a better way to phrase the poll questions?
It is possible to believe that 9/11 was a terrorist attack and that the government did not know it was going to happen, while also being willing to question the government. But for some reason, you put "how dare you question the government!" in the third option.

I still chose the third option, but I think it's perfectly acceptable to question the government.

Others with similar views may have abstained from participating in the poll because they don't agree with the last part of that option. There was really no point in including it--all it does it discourage certain people who agree with the rest of it from choosing that option. There is no other option for them to choose.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM

466 posts, read 901,519 times
Quote:
Professionals who questioned the NIST report lost credibility and their jobs in some instances.
Is that because there's a cover-up, or is that because they revealed their incompetence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Vigoda View Post
People who speak their own mind are often ridiculed and slandered to look like 'fringe' nut jobs.
Yep, people who have beliefs that are not based on evidence do tend to be ridiculed as nut jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.