Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Did you get a ticket?

I got one in Illinois years ago, had to pay on the spot.

Some highways in Illinois have those white pavement markers every mile, a helicopter or aircraft from above tracks your speed by the co pilot using a stop watch, and when you speed over those white markers, your time is calculated as to how fast you're driving, and the information is radioed to ground units. They used to do the same thing on some Missouri highways.

You're automatically guilty when caught red handed, and must pay up or be taken to the nearest station until you do. Doesn't sound fair, does it?

My fine, many years ago was $110.00.

Approximately 60 MPH is about one minute.

If you are traveling 1 mile per minute than how fast are you going

Sammy Hagar
If Illinois is actually getting away with this, then it is only because ignorant sheeple(probably liberals) are allowing such a blatant violation of the constitution to occur.

Admit nothing, in fact keep your mouth shut until you speak with an attorney.

One cannot be held indefinitely without seeing a judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 01:22 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Think so?

Check your credit report, it may have a mark on it as an unpaid debt.
No it's not on there.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Not always, I have 3 outstanding tickets that I refuse to pay. My original plan was to sit in jail for 12 hours to get the tickets paid, but the courts will only take cash and the cops won't take me to jail.
If you really want to go to jail, it really isn't all that difficult to arrange.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:25 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
No it's not on there.
The reason I suggested that is because I received a ticket for not wearing a seat belt in the village of Barrington, Illinois when I was pulled over for having a snow covered license plate...well, I refused to pay the ticket, and they put it on my CR as a unpaid debt, dirty turds!

Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If you really want to go to jail, it really isn't all that difficult to arrange.
Nah, cops are too busy dealing with drug dealers and gang bangers.

Quote:
The reason I suggested that is because I received a ticket for not wearing a seat belt in the village of Barrington, Illinois when I was pulled over for having a snow covered license plate...well, I refused to pay the ticket, and they put it on my CR as a unpaid debt, dirty turds!
I know that they could, but I think they just lost the information because the court doesn't even have the info. The last time I got pulled over the cop told me about the tickets and just told me to take care of them. 6 months later I tried to pay. Lol, it's not my fault they don't want my money.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:47 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Nah, cops are too busy dealing with drug dealers and gang bangers.

I know that they could, but I think they just lost the information because the court doesn't even have the info. The last time I got pulled over the cop told me about the tickets and just told me to take care of them. 6 months later I tried to pay. Lol, it's not my fault they don't want my money.
It's too bad us plain people can't document that we offered to pay up, because that's exactly why plain people get knocks on their doors from cops serving bench warrants for unpaid tickets.

If they found your information suddenly someday, how could you possibly explain you offered to pay?
What if the information is found and one day you're pulled over and arrested for unpaid tickets and you either have to leave your vehicle or have it impounded? scary, ain't it?

Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
My husband got a 110
Ticket and it had to be paid before 7 days. After that it would go up to 500 dollars. This was in Chicago.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 07-23-2013, 02:00 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
My husband got a 110
Ticket and it had to be paid before 7 days. After that it would go up to 500 dollars. This was in Chicago.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Ummm, I have a simple solution to the problem. Drive the speed limit. I know it's crazy, but it just might work...
May I ask if you have ever exceeded the speed limit? On the off chance you have, do you think there is a point at which the fine becomes exorbitant and disproportional to the offense? That is what is at issue, here.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:07 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Gotta love those Proagressive states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies