Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
The JSOK (Jackson Sharpton Obama King) Brainwave Network was activated last week to mark the 50th anniversary of the annual Black People meeting. Weren't you there?

Right now we're only using the ground transmitters in major cities. Once we get the satellites in the air then we will have coverage over the entire US.
Ah...therein lies the problem. I missed the meeting (was on CP time) and I'm with T-Mobile (crappy reception).

I guess I'll have to wait for my "It's Time to Kill Whitey" booklet to come in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 02:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
I decided to read some stuff about the Founder Jared Taylor and the founder of the new Century Foundation. And for the most part you are correct. But again you can't just write off a person just because of their position if they are still presenting valid and factual information. I would definitely challenge his motive and his reasons for presenting such data. He considers himself to be a racial realest... that is he sees racial groups as this is how they/we are and that is.. He considers Asians to be more intelligent then whites.. ect ect.

Well, If I were a dog I would be a mut but honestly.. opinions like this don't bother me at all. I believe in the individual! So even though I agree we have differences when you want to compare one group to another and some of his beliefs are true I don't find them relevant and useful. But data is data and I find it ironic the blacks want to perpetuate group mentality but when presented disparaging data related to crime and social problems with in their communities they no longer want to address those issues or even accept them..

I have looked at the UCR reports that keep track of crime in America and it doesn't take a mathematician to do it.. But anyone with basic math skills will come to the same general conclusion that I reported from the American Renaissance report..
That conclusion is that blacks are a "criminal race". If that was the case, than black crime would be a constant...instead, black crime is falling:
Quote:
it's also suggestive that in the five New York City precincts where the population is at least 80% black, the murder rate fell by 78% between 1990 and 2000. In the black neighborhoods of Chicago, burglary fell by 52%, robbery by 62%, and homicide by 33% between 1991 and 2003. A skeptic might retort that all these seeming gains were merely the result of police officers' giving up and no longer recording crimes in black neighborhoods. But opinion surveys in Chicago show that, among blacks, fear of crime was cut in half during the same period. One can cite further evidence of a turnaround in black crime. Researchers at the federal Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention found that in 1980, arrests of young blacks outnumbered arrests of whites more than six to one. By 2002, the gap had been closed to just under four to one.

Why Crime Keeps Falling - WSJ.com

The American Renaissance also contents that as America becomes more diverse, crime will get higher. This is simply not the case. In Seattle, for example, the percentage of people of color in the city has increased, while crime has gone down at the same time...how can that be explained by Jared Taylor?

About Seattle - Race & Ethnicity - Seattle Department of Planning and Development

Local News | Seattle crime down citywide through May | Seattle Times Newspaper

Quote:
I find it interesting that along with a general denial by many folks as to real and factual data that show a much higher crime rate and violent crime rate in black communities, a higher rate of crime of blacks on white versus white on blacks, and now we hav a government that also "seems" to want to hide this information! WHY?
The government hides all crime rates and makes solid numbers hard to get. They also hide the unemployment rate, the amount of carbon we put in the air etc.

And yes Black Americans commit more crime, the question is why? If it was something about their race it would be obvious but as we've seen, the black crime rate has gone down considerably so there is no inherit reason. It has more to do with laws and culture than anything else. Less blacks are "ghetto" now than in years before and hence, black crime is falling.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Because I can. And will continue to do so. But this fascination with black people doesn't surprise me. The white man has had jungle fever since they saw us in Africa.

No whining; just pointing out how clueless racists are in their rants. The black folks who frequent this board are NOT your target audience. If you have an issue with criminal-minded blacks living in the projects/ghettos, GO to the projects and ghettos and deliver your message there.

Quoted for truth!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 PM

The people who create the anti-Black racist rant boards are actually very threatened by Black American upward mobility. There isn't an ounce of benevolence in the intent of any of these threads. The purpose of these threads is to pacify and coddle those who believe that dominance and superiority is their birthright.

An educated and strong-minded Black person is their greatest fear.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:16 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And yes Black Americans commit more crime, the question is why? If it was something about their race it would be obvious
Your conclusion is not logical. It could be either obvious or inobvious.

Quote:
but as we've seen, the black crime rate has gone down considerably so
there is no inherit reason.
... again devoid of logic.

Quote:
It has more to do with laws and culture than anything else. Less blacks
are "ghetto" now than in years before and hence, black crime is falling.
Here you are on much safer ground. A complex phenomenon likely has many causes so saying "it has more to do with" something or other is appropriate. The law has led to a much higher incarceration rates, so fewer criminal types are on the streets to commit crimes. And yes efforts by society to lift blacks into the middle class have produced some results. Also, the black population is considerably older now than a generation ago. All or these factors may explain the drop in crime rates. But it does not follow from this that there is no inherent reason for group disparities.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It cannot be repeated often enough: Blacks are much more likely to be arrested and prosecuted for crimes that whites are not arrested and/or prosecuted for thereby starting them on the path to criminal records that dilute and more often completely negate their ability to find gainful employment.
An example:

Black people in Iowa singled out in marijuana arrests, data suggests | World news | guardian.co.uk
I have seen this several times and its a pretty weak argument. Outside of pot smoking and under age drinking the similarities end between both black and white communities. Its not like there is volumes of unsolved burglaries and murders in white communities..

I can relate to my own experiences in Law Enforcement in working in black communities and also working in white communities. There sooooo many variables when it comes to enforcing "petty" crime. I will tell you frankly there was little understanding, lots of disrespect, and tons of self victimization... As a white "looking" cop I was the minority but every thing we did it was because the suspect was black.. Pretty much the same response we see here in the forum... "that's not true" "we do nothing wrong" "all the problems in the black commity are because of white people" " travon Martin was just a little innocent boy going to the store to buy candy and a ice tea" give me a break.. no one believes this crap!

I was actually thinking things were getting better but now I realize the problem is ingrained!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Your conclusion is not logical. It could be either obvious or inobvious.

... again devoid of logic.
Complete logic: if blacks were naturally more likely to be criminals, than the black crime rate wouldn't go down. They have the same DNA they had before their incarceration rate plummeted, and hence there must be some other forces keeping them criminal besides DNA.

Quote:
Here you are on much safer ground. A complex phenomenon likely has many causes so saying "it has more to do with" something or other is appropriate. The law has led to a much higher incarceration rates, so fewer criminal types are on the streets to commit crimes. And yes efforts by society to lift blacks into the middle class have produced some results. Also, the black population is considerably older now than a generation ago. All or these factors may explain the drop in crime rates. But it does not follow from this that there is no inherent reason for group disparities.
If there were inherent factors, the disparity would never change. And if you read the news article, you would see that black youth crime is also down considerably, hence the age explanation doesn't hold water.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 PM

The one thing that the anti-Black racists can ALWAYS count on is the self hating, weak links to be used and manipulated as their tool to continue to perpetuate their ideology superiority.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You brought up the misconception that marijuana was a black thing.

No.

F2BBS said it was one of the things that contribute to black dysfunction.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Complete logic: if blacks were naturally more likely to be criminals, than the black crime rate wouldn't go down. They have the same DNA they had before their incarceration rate plummeted, and hence there must be some other forces keeping them criminal besides DNA.
You seem to be arguing that, because Y and Z exist, X cannot. This is obviously illogical. To prove that X is not a factor you must demonstrate that Y and Z are the only factors, not merely that they exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies