Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:50 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
How is providing people with data a housing policy "detrimental to the middleclass," as Del Boy claimed above!?
Actually, that was not what I was referring to, but that's idiotic as well. If you're going to be a blind fanatic, shouldn't you at least be aware of the policies?

Weren't you on the economic thread advocating everything this Administration is doing?

Why do I have to do the work for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 02:04 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Watch out, he's going to promise the sun and the moon and the stars AGAIN. Get ready to have a lot of smoke blown up your ass.
I'm getting ready for laser focusing on jobs, and not resting until every American has a job, At least I'm getting ready for more insincere political rhetoric. We've heard this all before, and none of his previous eighteen or so pivots, to faking like he cares about the economy, have ever worked.

So why this one? To set up the debt ceiling debates in Sept, where Obama tries to raise taxes on the evil rich.... again.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:05 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Once again Obama is trying to claim he is just like us, sitting outside of Washington politics and looking in. It's as if Obama just flew in from planet Mars, and is flabbergasted by the stupidity and ineptness of our federal government.

So here he is playing us for fools again: Obama offers economic message in speech

"It's going to be the kickoff to what is essentially several months of us trying to get Washington and the press to refocus on the economy and the struggles that middle-class families are going through, but also for us to start exploring some big and bold ideas,"
Obama said of his Wednesday speech at Knox College in Illinois, which the White House has promised will return the administration's message to economic issues

So let me get this straight, the lman who leads the Democratic Party and sets the agenda, the platform and the message, the same man who controls the executive branch, and the administrative state, and is the political leader for the Senate Leader, is going to go on the road, giving speeches to tell himself, to focus on the economy?

Obama has been Washington for seven years now, and he thinks we are dumb enough to think he has been on the outside looking in????

BTW, on a side note, both he and his wife have been in Illinois, and missed an opportunity to focus national attention on all the murders going on in Chicago. Why pass up this subject, but comment Friday on Trayvon... again?
You're right, Obama has played into the GOP's sideshow and their refusal to improve the economy.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:15 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You're right, Obama has played into the GOP's sideshow and their refusal to improve the economy.
Right with Nancy Pelosi and the Dimos that promied jobs,jobs,jobs to go with transparency back in 2006 before Mr. HopeyChangey so they also own this economy.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Summer of recovery - Part III.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Actually, it was John Boehner who stated the GOP would be laser focused on jobs. I could look for the video, but you can do that yourself.
It was DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz:

Andrea Mitchell: "The NBC/WSJ poll is all upside down. Only 44% approve, 51% disapprove."

Schultz: "Well, we're not focused on poll. I mean, we're a year away from an election. The president is focused like a laser on passing the American Jobs Act, on making sure we put people back to work."

Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Right with Nancy Pelosi and the Dimos that promied jobs,jobs,jobs to go with transparency back in 2006 before Mr. HopeyChangey so they also own this economy.
If that's true, then the GOP also owns this economy.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
It's hard to know we're to start. I don't recall Mr. Obama claiming he was just like us.
Obama: "It's going to be the kickoff to what is essentially several months of us trying to get Washington and the press to refocus on the economy and the struggles that middle-class families are going through..."

By telling us that he is going to go out and make speeches to lobby Washington??? Obama IS Washington!!!! You cannot get any more "Washington" then being the president. He LEADS the entire Democratic Party establishment, he controls the Executive branch, the administrative branch, and he is Harry Reid's political leader. Who else sets the tone in Washington, if not the president? And what has been his agenda this year? Green energy slush funds, gun control, amnesty for illegal immigrants, subsides for green energy, taking vacations, increasing taxes on the top 5%, killing coal industry, killing coal-fired power plants, climate change, green energy, playing golf, Africa's electrical grid, gay marriage, abortion, birth control, everything but creating a national regulatory and tax climate that promotes investments and job creation.

Good grief, why reelect the man if he does not know he is the leader of the nation, and his own political party? Is he the ignoramus, or does he think you are? I vote the later, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
But it is obvious that his detractors, like the OP, speak -- or in this case, write, out of both sides of their mouth. They criticize Obama if he doesn't speak about the economy and then criticize him when he does.
He has played the economy card 18 times, and unemployment and labor force participation are at historic lows. All of Obama's policies destroy jobs, increase the costs of running a company, increase the regulatory burdens on businesses, increase taxes, and encourage employers to lay off employees or cut their work hours or both.

Quote:
Remember, presidential road shows aren't uncommon. Bush immediately following his reelection declared he had a mandate and went on a roadshow to push privatizing Social Security. How did that work out?
not well, social security and Medicare are being ignored by the Democrats and Republocarts, and allowed to simply wither on the vine.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If that's true, then the GOP also owns this economy.
Except that GOP policies are not the ones Obama is signing into law. Obama has been very successful at ensuring his policies are the ones ruining the country's economy.

Don't think that people like me are not upset, or even furious, with the GOP for sitting back and allowing Obama and Reid to decide what the priorities should be.

There will never be a better time to contrast the drastic differences between conservative ideas with progressive ideas, then we have today with Obama as president. So what are the leaders in the GOP doing? They are playing along as if they are the Democratic-lite Party, the Me-Too Party. the republican Party under current leadership are really nothing more the the Grumpy Old Men wing of the Democratic Party.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:03 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Summer of recovery - Part III.

I must have missed part I and II....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies