Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The 70% who are born out of wedlock. Those who kill other Blacks at a rate 10 times higher than that of any other race. Need I go on?

Obama, Sharpton, and Jackson continually harp on race and race-bait. Either disavow them or OWN it. Your choice.
What's that got to do with me?

And i'm not going to disavow Jackson OR Sharpton. Why should i? They've never done anything bad to me, and to disavow them not only plays into your hands (and i have no real need to please you...you're nobody), but it implies that i'm somehow connected to them beyond the fact that we share the same race. I don't know Jackson or Sharpton personally, so why should i disavow them?

How about you disavow O'Reilly first? And Limbaugh, Hannity, Reagan, Bush, etc...THEN we can talk about your list of whom i should disavow.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What the next black person does is their business, not mine.
I sure wish Obama would act that way. Instead, he chooses to foment race-baiting and continues to convince Blacks to stay ensnared in their "helpless victim" roles. All the better to support and elect him and other Democrats. Party over all.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
We aren't a monolithic group and its funny to hear people who claim self responsibility try to lump all blacks together in order to feel good about themselves.

The glee and excitement by some whites when discussing black community problems is hilarious.

99% of people who discuss black community problems do so just because it gives them a chance to throw out stats that make them feel good about not being black.

How about asking blacks on CD how they are doing? I bet most are doing well but that wouldn't fit the agenda.

Sure blacks have problems... but so do other groups and it's never a positive to have someone outside of a race tell you how to fix your problems because they aren't trying to dig that deep to fix them.
We're monolithic when they want us to be. This conversation is a great example.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
You should probably have read your own link.
I read it AND quoted from it:
Quote:
After what has come to be known as “the Pound Cake speech”—it has its own Wikipedia entryCosby came under attack from various quarters of the black establishment. The playwright August Wilson commented, “A billionaire attacking poor people for being poor. Bill Cosby is a clown. What do you expect?” One of the gala’s hosts, Ted Shaw, the director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund, called his comments “a harsh attack on poor black people in particular.” Dubbing Cosby an “Afristocrat in Winter,” the Georgetown University professor Michael Eric Dyson came out with a book, Is Bill Cosby Right? Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?, that took issue with Cosby’s bleak assessment of black progress and belittled his transformation from vanilla humorist to social critic and moral arbiter. “While Cosby took full advantage of the civil rights struggle,” argued Dyson, “he resolutely denied it a seat at his artistic table.”

Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I sure wish Obama would act that way. Instead, he chooses to foment race-baiting and continues to convince Blacks to stay ensnared in their "helpless victim" roles. All the better to support and elect him and other Democrats. Party over all.
Tell Obama. What are you telling me for?

Re-elect Obama? Where were you last November?

Don't worry about our votes. We aren't gonna vote for the Republican Party anyway. Worry about your own vote.

Your gibberish about "helpless victim" and other bullhockey isn't worth a response.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
What's that got to do with me?

And i'm not going to disavow Jackson OR Sharpton. Why should i? They've never done anything bad to me, and to disavow them not only plays into your hands (and i have no real need to please you...you're nobody), but it implies that i'm somehow connected to them beyond the fact that we share the same race. I don't know Jackson or Sharpton personally, so why should i disavow them?

How about you disavow O'Reilly first? And Limbaugh, Hannity, Reagan, Bush, etc...THEN we can talk about your list of whom i should disavow.
Because you are black and speak for other blacks. If it was a white person I'd have to do the disavowing. Only those of the same race can disavow and give it meaning. It's always about race. See how that works?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
We aren't a monolithic group and its funny to hear people who claim self responsibility try to lump all blacks together
That would be Obama. Did you not hear his impromptu presser last Friday? Obama certainly did in fact lump all Blacks together.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
I don't discuss black issues with non-blacks. Period. And i never will. Nor will i ever listen to opinions (such as O'Reilly's) about black folks or take their opinions under advisement.
I can understand why.

Randomly on the street, I don't hear Whites discussing Black issues with Black people.

It's like when women have "girl talk" or "Ladies Night Out". It's not something a man can fully relate to because of experience.

Same thing Mexicans on the immigration issue. As a born Black American, I can't relate their experience so I won't try to get into it. I can relate to being profiled but not to their experience.

Certain conversations are not for everyone. I will try to remember this forum as to why.

Great post!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because you are black and speak for other blacks. If it was a white person I'd have to do the disavowing. Only those of the same race can disavow and give it meaning. It's always about race. See how that works?
I'm not disavowing a damn thing. I've got nothing against Jackson or Sharpton.

I never said that i spoke for other blacks. In fact, i've already said that what the next black man does isn't my concern as long as it doesn't affect me.

If there is any disavowing to be done, you do the disavowing first. I'll gladly hand you the list of people to be disavowed. Then we can talk about who i should disavow. But i'm not going first. NO chance.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
We aren't a monolithic group and its funny to hear people who claim self responsibility try to lump all blacks together in order to feel good about themselves.

The glee and excitement by some whites when discussing black community problems is hilarious.

99% of people who discuss black community problems do so just because it gives them a chance to throw out stats that make them feel good about not being black.

How about asking blacks on CD how they are doing? I bet most are doing well but that wouldn't fit the agenda.

Sure blacks have problems... but so do other groups and it's never a positive to have someone outside of a race tell you how to fix your problems because they aren't trying to dig that deep to fix them.
Agreed. The worst part is whatever the problems of any community are, they are basically the same nationwide. The answers are the same for everyone too.
Their are more differences when you speak about class imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies