Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 12:51 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

As soon as you stop looking at all whites, conservatives, republicans as being the same.
I don't.

I'm probably one of the few Blacks on CD who defend white conservatives who aren't racist.

There you go with that "you" stuff.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Anyone who condones government to take more money from the American people is an idiot. (and most likely bought by the government cheap. If that's not the case then it's family members who are dependent.
Sounds like you're speaking from a lot of experience. Wow....tell us some more of your experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You have no idea what I have "always done." I'll continue to influence my elected officials. How many letters have you written? How many community outreach events have you attended? How much time have you volunteered? Please let me know, because I do those things. I enteract with my representative to effect change. I'll interject when I am being blamed or being forced to foot the bill, your ignorant if you believe my voice does not matter.
Oh yea...your voice matters SO MUCH.

Those representatives are really listening to you. They're gonna get those big bad black folks for you and teach them a lesson.

My goodness....this is like talking to second graders.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
A more recent analysis, if you prefer...
Quote:
"Because transfer payments are, in effect, the opposite of taxes, it makes sense to look not just at taxes paid, but at taxes paid minus transfers received. For 2009, the most recent year available, here are taxes less transfers as a percentage of market income (income that households earned from their work and savings):

Bottom quintile: -301 percent
Second quintile: -42 percent
Middle quintile: -5 percent

Fourth quintile: 10 percent
Highest quintile: 22 percent
Top one percent: 28 percent

The negative 301 percent means that a typical family in the bottom quintile receives about $3 in transfer payments for every dollar earned.

The most surprising fact to me was that the effective tax rate is negative for the middle quintile. According to the CBO data, this number was +14 percent in 1979 (when the data begin) and remained positive through 2007. It was negative 0.5 percent in 2008, and negative 5 percent in 2009. That is, the middle class, having long been a net contributor to the funding of government, is now a net recipient of government largess."
Harvard University's Greg Mankiw: Most Americans Are Making A Profit Off Of Government

CBO report cited:
CBO | The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes

Bottom 20%:
Black: 65%
White 11%
http://www.pewstates.org/uploadedFil...ican_Dream.pdf
Figure 13

Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why can't you answer my damn question?

DO YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT BLACK FOLKS THAN I DO?
You know more about that, no doubt. So, why is there such an overwhelming lack of personal responsibility in the Black community, comparatively?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If i want to hear someone opine on the black community, i'll listen to black people...the actual people who know something about it and LIVE IN IT. I don't care about the opinions of outsiders, and i have no obligation (or time) to listen to them.

So if that means that i don't have an open mind, so be it.

LOL
boy this is funny as hell
a lot of black folks love to tell us white folks what we do or don't do
or how we think all the flipping time!!
they can even read our minds and know what we do when we are alone
give me a break
O'Riley brought up a lot of valid points
but most of you do not want to hear it because you might have to be RESPONSIBLE for yourself instaed of asking the government to do so
you might have to be a parent instead of screw as many women as possible to spit out babies
and buy big TV's instead of pay your rent
that is what I think of when I read a stupid comment like this
I see young black women all the time with little kids and a belly full of another
how in the hell do these kids have a change??
they don't
or grand mothers taking care of them because there are no parents or they are in jail
why not love these kids enough to do something instead of blathering bull crap???
or you can keep justifying why the young black males are dying in the streets??
do you care enough to do something??
and if you are then what are you doing?? I would love to hear how you are a part of the solution???

Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
LOL
give me a break
but most of you do not want to hear it because you might have to be RESPONSIBLE for yourself instaed of asking the government to do so
you might have to be a parent instead of screw as many women as possible to spit out babies
I see young black women all the time with little kids and a belly full of another
they don't
or grand mothers taking care of them because there are no parents or they are in jail
why not love these kids enough to do something instead of blathering bull crap???
and if you are then what are you doing?? I would love to hear how you are a part of the solution???

Gash damn best valid point post. There it is in black and white, people don't want to accept the truth. Responsible people do understand the problems that plague the black communities. But refuse to talk about solutions.

Swept under the damn rug, then don't expect your problems to vanish anytime soon. Many blacks know there are problems and mature people don't care who are bringing up the these problems, when it is the truth, they are mature and can accept fact. No one is a part of the solution, until they admit the problems.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
LOL
give me a break
Exactly the problem! Unfortunately, they have no clue that they've trapped themselves into an inescapable underclass status by becoming dependent on the government. Democrats work hard to keep them poor and dumb for a reason... such people are their voter base. I've already posted the stats.

Quote:
Apparently, not.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
LOL
give me a break
they don't
I would love to hit the lotto...that's not happening either. That's why i'm sitting here at work.

I'm not answering any of your questions about what i'm doing. That's none of your business, not to mention that i'm not obligated to do a damn thing for anyone but myself.

Again, i'm not listening to the opinions of non-blacks about the black community. That's all there is to it.

If you've got heartburn with that, i don't know what to tell you.

Giving me a laundry list of problems that people have isn't really helping your case, nor is it gonna get me to discuss the issues with you.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
LOL
give me a break
they don't
Lol. You think Blacks take you serious. You raising your time.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Why should I listen to what Bill O'Reilly has to say about black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies