Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 06:43 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Tactful hasn't worked to this point............

We need some tough medicine.

I wish the two Revs and other black leaders would say what he said!
I wish people like you would quit trying to appoint leaders for blacks in America. Our leaders are the same as yours, we are Americans and so therefor our leaders are the same as yours, even if unfortunately due to ignorance it is people like Obama

Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I've got give it to Bill. He had the courage to tell it like it is. Why can't Obama address these issues?

Bill O'Reilly: Talking Points Memo - Bill O'Reilly: President Obama and the race problem

he hit it out of the park
you will know that by the screams to follow
RACIST!!
how long before Mr Bill is vilified??
a nano second

good for Bill O'Riley

Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
O'Reilly is basically correct. However, given that the problems he mentions have existed in the black community for such a long time makes it hard to believe they can ever change - at least in our lifetimes.

that statement is why nothing changes
NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES!!
what a cop out

I was a drunk until I got sober

go figure!!

Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
I wish people like you would quit trying to appoint leaders for blacks in America. Our leaders are the same as yours, we are Americans and so therefor our leaders are the same as yours, even if unfortunately due to ignorance it is people like Obama
Then denounce jackson and his ilk friends....they are standing up for blacks, if you don't want them to stand for you, then let them know.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
144 posts and nobody has disputed the content of his remarks - only his personality, whiteness, being Irish, wealthy etc. Okay, let's agree we all don't like him, he's not in a position to comment etc. to get that part out of the way. Is there a dispute over the substance of his comments about some of the root problems or should the conversation move to what's needed to address those challenges in society. I'll ask the question in reference to black, white or any corner of the country where these problems exist.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are right... Bill O'Reilly shouldn't waste his breath in looking for answers to the festering huge problems in the black community.

There is no black person to say what O'reilly said so he said it. No black person wants to talk about all the problems the black community has because it is not a popular subject to talk about .. such as , hey black people get your act together.Get betterr role models.. don't feed on garbage from MTV or Al Sharpton.. but no.. the same ole will continue and the black community will eventually all turn to looking like Detroit.

No one to talk to the kids about morals, or drugs, or even shooting one another. Just keep shooting one another and let the carnage continue in your neighborhoods. Let the men treat their women like garbage .. let them walk out on their children as they make more kids with more women.. Just keep hating on those who try to make it better. It surely won't come from the democrats.. they want the blacks to deteriorate and they are doing a great job letting it get worse. Even Obama is against school vouchers that works for kids to get a better education. Just get worse. Listen to Obama and get more hate and division and poverty.
You said a mouth full!! Ditto!

Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
And they rail about White Racism which is very low on the list of problems in the Black Community.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-24-2013 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 07-24-2013, 08:07 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
I think O'Riley made some valid points, unfortunately a lot of people don't like him so automatically dismiss what he said. And the rest continue with the blame game.

I think in America in general, no one wants to take responsibility. Look at the finger pointing and lawsuits, everyone blames everyone else for things they were too stupid to avoid from a personal level to the corporate level, and it just turns into a vicious cycle affecting many more people than it should.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:09 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I've got give it to Bill. He had the courage to tell it like it is. Why can't Obama address these issues?

Bill O'Reilly: Talking Points Memo - Bill O'Reilly: President Obama and the race problem
I agree with O'Reilly, I couldn't have said it any better. Obama doesn't want to address the real issues because he thinks the government can solve them. Government is as effective at solving problems as pouring gasoline on a fire to extinguish it.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I agree with O'Reilly, I couldn't have said it any better. Obama doesn't want to address the real issues because he thinks the government can solve them. Government is as effective at solving problems as pouring gasoline on a fire to extinguish it.
Obama has addressed issues that plague the Black community, but the far right isn't concerned with what Obama has to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies