Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,471,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
who are these people...I want to join the ban???
The celebrities who will be making advertising for Obama care. It was on the news. Bon Jovi and Oprah is two of them I believe.
And i am not saying Im boycotting anything or anybody. I still think its stupid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3636250.html
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ote-obamacare/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
By continuing to include private sector insurance companies in the health care system Obamacare is deeply flawed because it does not eliminate the cost of their executive overhead and profit. We do not need them to pay the excessive charges for health care extracted by private profit. I am willing to pay doctors, nurses and technicians very good salaries but unwilling to pay executive any more than any other government administrator. Good health care for everyone can be bought and paid for by the government through increases in taxation on the top 1%.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
By continuing to include private sector insurance companies in the health care system Obamacare is deeply flawed because it does not eliminate the cost of their executive overhead and profit. We do not need them to pay the excessive charges for health care extracted by private profit. I am willing to pay doctors, nurses and technicians very good salaries but unwilling to pay executive any more than any other government administrator. Good health care for everyone can be bought and paid for by the government through increases in taxation on the top 1%.
The private profit (reasonable profit) wouldn't be quite as bad, but those $300 million GOLDEN PARACHUTES get funded out of those profits as well. And each and every one of them raises the cost of your premium.

Also, executive pay has been increasing the whole time the country has been going through the economic downfall. And, reports have been saying that it is not the fed that caused it. It's been the executives in industry that caused the economy. And, all Obamacare does is insure that those steady increases will go on. The law favors the general American public by only about 10%, while it favors the insurance industry by about 90%. It's lose/lose, all the way around for the people of the country.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I would contend from the small sample size on this thread that these CD posters aren't the movie industry's staple customers.

If someone's last theater film was "The Perfect Storm (2000)," you aren't the audience the industry is paying attention to.
Someone who listens to Ted Nugent isn't exactly the entertainments industries target audience.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
These people are hypocrites. Many of them have enough money to pay for all their medical needs out of pocket. Do they think regular Americans don't see that?

Hypocrites.
I like the ones who do "Anti-Gun" then do the shoot em up, glorify gun Rambo type movies.

Those are the real Hypocrites.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I don't really care enough to boycott things I enjoy.

bingo!!
then don't bitc*

Old 07-24-2013, 07:54 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I like the ones who do "Anti-Gun" then do the shoot em up, glorify gun movies.

Those are the real Hypocrites.
You know it 's fake right?

So if an actor plays a murderer in a movie, he has no right to criticize murderers???

Old 07-24-2013, 07:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You know it 's fake right?

So if an actor plays a murderer in a movie, he has no right to criticize murderers???
If your going to rail against something as an human, you should have the principles to live to those principles.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:45 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why do conservatives and other Republicans sit back and take it when the left organizes boycotts and don't use the same tactic against them?

President Obama has to resort to having celebrities push a product (Obamacare) that is already law because he and some other Democrats know it stinks...otherwise he wouldn't need Hollywood to do it. You college students that he runs to when he's trying to get elected, you're the dupes in Obamacare - liberal, conservative, political know-nothings - all of you. The whole thing falls apart without you younger people buying insurance that a number of you neither want or need. They need your youth bucks to pay for the older people in this boondoggle so thinking you are an easy mark for celebrity hype, they are going to treat you like children and get celebrities to hype it to you. You can punish politicians when you vote but the only way you can let the Hollywood shills know what you think of this is to hit them in the wallet. If they push Obamacare, don't go to their movies, don't buy their records, don't watch their TV shows...oh, and with the TV shows, you might want to let the producers and advertisers know why you won't be needing or wanting their product.

It's just good community organizing.
Well, instead of crying about it, why don't you just quit watching movies?

Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
I eat at Chick-Fil-A
I Shop at J.C. Penny

I watch the movies and TV shows I like, not the ones that make my politics happy.

I have decided the only thing I want to boycott are the IDIOTS ON ALL SIDES that demand boycotts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies