Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: as far as civilian ownership
All semi automatic weapons should be banned 12 7.45%
Only semi automatic rifles should be banned 1 0.62%
Only handguns should be banned 1 0.62%
Only hunting rifles/shotguns should remain legal 4 2.48%
keep legality as it is now 47 29.19%
All weapons, including fully automatic should be legal 92 57.14%
All civilian ownership of firearms banned 4 2.48%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Would just like to get an idea on where the bulk of City-Data Members stand on the issue.

Please Explain your vote in the forum
Dumb poll. How about "leave things as they are now"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Did you not read the poll?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I don't live or have ever lived in the country but it doesn't stop me from thinking. I didn't realize common sense is just not that common anymore.
This is my town looking from the North to the South and so at the back side of the town proper, and today that's all there is of it still. I don't live in the village part and so when i want to shoot, I just step out the door. Usually i walk to the field out back where I have a table made out of a part of a old barn door. That door made 4 tables in all

got the picture off google it isn't mine.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I don't see the point in having fully-automatic weapons available to citizens. People cause enough murder and mayhem with semis. Why make autos that much easier for criminals to get so that a few gun enthusiasts can get their jollies spraying a target with bullets? What are the benefits of having fully automatic weapons available to Joe Citizen? I can certainly see some negatives, but fail to see what society gains.
So we all have to suffer for the actions of a few people and have our freedoms limited to make you feel good? and a few gun enthusiasts? there are over 180,000,000 in America, and we not gun enthusiasts, we are freedom loving Americans.

The benefits are
Being armed with the best tool for self protection from criminals elements or a tyrannical government

The gain is not waking up living in a totalitarian state.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So we all have to suffer for the actions of a few people and have our freedoms limited to make you feel good? and a few gun enthusiasts? there are over 180,000,000 in America, and we not gun enthusiasts, we are freedom loving Americans.

The benefits are
Being armed with the best tool for self protection from criminals elements or a tyrannical government

The gain is not waking up living in a totalitarian state.
He can't know...... In Canada they have forgotten they had any rights. Had is the key word here.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
No compromise on this issue.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Scroll up and read the options again....

Who's the "dumb" one now?

Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
These gun threads are bombed by pretty much the same motley bunch of posters over and over again, and anyone who posts something they disagree with is promptly flamed until they decide it's best not to even bother posting an opposing or more moderate POV. Their echo chamber assures them that they are not actually a fringe element in American society, which they are.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:53 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
He can't know...... In Canada they have forgotten they had any rights. Had is the key word here.
Well let's dissect that one just a tad shall we?

I can get on a plane without having to hand my "boys" over to a fat retarded high school drop out thug.

I can use my cel-phone and computer without someone scanning my personal stuff without a warrant.

I can have more than one big propane tank in my back yard without my neighbour reporting me to the Homeland Security Agency.

If I hear an engine overhead I can rest assured it's not a drone operated by some stupid agency invading my privacy under the bullcrap guise of making me safer.

A biggy here; I can rest assured that no agency operating under the most chicken-chit piece of crap legislation called a Patriot Act can arrest my azz and throw me in jail INDEFINITELY without formal charge on the mere suspicion by anyone I MIGHT be a terrorist.

I can travel my highways without having to stop for border control agents miles from any border to search my car for illegal immigrants.

I can travel on my highways without having to stop for those aforementioned TSA goofs to check me out without probable cause.

I can drink whatever size soda I might desire regardless of where I live.

I can collect rainwater on my own land without having my azz thrown in jail.

I can write stupid stuff associated with a video game argument in an email without an elected moronic judge throwing my azz in jail for a few years.

Oh yeah; I can also own firearms should I desire to. I don't, as I'm afraid of neither my neighbours or my government and haven't hunted since my 30's.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/...stitution.html

Yeppers you're in much better shape than Canada on the "freedoms and rights" thingy alrighty.

You do apparently, still have the right to say stupid 5hit though.

Last edited by BruSan; 08-03-2013 at 01:20 PM..

Old 08-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well let's dissect that one just a tad shall we?

I can get on a plane without having to hand my "boys" over to a fat retarded high school drop out thug.

I can use my cel-phone and computer without someone scanning my personal stuff without a warrant.

I can have more than one big propane tank in my back yard without my neighbour reporting me to the Homeland Security Agency.

If I hear an engine overhead I can rest assured it's not a drone operated by some stupid agency invading my privacy under the bullcrap guise of making me safer.

A biggy here; I can rest assured that no agency operating under the most chicken-chit piece of crap legislation called a Patriot Act can arrest my azz and throw me in jail INDEFINITELY without formal charge on the mere suspicion by anyone I MIGHT be a terrorist.

I can travel my highways without having to stop for border control agents miles from any border to search my car for illegal immigrants.

I can travel on my highways without having to stop for those aforementioned TSA goofs to check me out without probable cause.

I can drink whatever size soda I might desire regardless of where I live.

I can collect rainwater on my own land without having my azz thrown in jail.

I can write stupid stuff associated with a video game argument in an email without an elected moronic judge throwing my azz in jail for a few years.

Oh yeah; I can also own firearms should I desire to. I don't, as I'm afraid of neither my neighbours or my government and haven't hunted since my 30's.

Scorecard: How Many Rights Have Americans REALLY Lost? | Washington's Blog

Yeppers you're in much better shape than Canada on the "freedoms and rights" thingy alrighty.

You do apparently, still have the right to say stupid 5hit though.
Can you speak out against Muslims? can you spew "racist hate speech"? no you cant, as for the state of American freedom, it what happens when you all statist liberals any ounce of power, and allow fools to vote as well as having a school system run the schools..

its funny you view gun owners as people afraid, were are not we understand the fact bad things happen with no warning. we understand the fact that human nature to usurp the rights, liberty, and property and dominate them...if you can look at history and you cant understand this, I truly feel sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies