Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: as far as civilian ownership
All semi automatic weapons should be banned 12 7.45%
Only semi automatic rifles should be banned 1 0.62%
Only handguns should be banned 1 0.62%
Only hunting rifles/shotguns should remain legal 4 2.48%
keep legality as it is now 47 29.19%
All weapons, including fully automatic should be legal 92 57.14%
All civilian ownership of firearms banned 4 2.48%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So 61 people think RPG's should be legal?
You do know you can legally own one right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 11:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Would just like to get an idea on where the bulk of City-Data Members stand on the issue.

Please Explain your vote in the forum

all legislation, bills and laws concerning firearms, ammo and any other accoutrement concerning the firearm culture should be made illegal to pass at any level, to include federal, state, county or city.

after all, that is what "shall not infringe" does mean.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all legislation, bills and laws concerning firearms, ammo and any other accoutrement concerning the firearm culture should be made illegal to pass at any level, to include federal, state, county or city.

Amen..

Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

Never happen.
To Bear arms, what does that mean? To bear means to carry or hold, I would be fine with leaving it there, any firearm a person can bear would be legal with two exceptions, no nukes and no chemical or biological weapons are legal. Plus I believe I would add that, while there would no resistration to own weapons capable of fully automatic fire, that potential owners must complete a safety and training course to ensure they understand proper operation and use prior to taking ownership of the weapon. And once again I would qualify that to excempt anyone that served in the military, police or other field that firearms training is mandatory and/or part of their profession, gun range owners or security operators and such.
Fair enough, or do you insist on that nuke?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Never happen.
To Bear arms, what does that mean? To bear means to carry or hold, I would be fine with leaving it there, any firearm a person can bear would be legal with two exceptions, no nukes and no chemical or biological weapons are legal. Plus I believe I would add that, while there would no resistration to own weapons capable of fully automatic fire, that potential owners must complete a safety and training course to ensure they understand proper operation and use prior to taking ownership of the weapon. And once again I would qualify that to excempt anyone that served in the military, police or other field that firearms training is mandatory and/or part of their profession, gun range owners or security operators and such.
Fair enough, or do you insist on that nuke?
Our rights are not subject to safety or training requirements.

What about Anti Matter Weapons?

What about Rail Guns?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
I chose All weapons, including fully automatic should be legal

But in reality they are legal now, with a proper permit and weapon, making "keep it as it is" redundant.

Nice to see nearly 90% of the voters exercise their right to use common sense.

Cheers Everyone and Have a Great Weekend!

Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I chose All weapons, including fully automatic should be legal

But in reality they are legal now, with a proper permit and weapon, making "keep it as it is" redundant.

Nice to see nearly 90% of the voters exercise their right to use common sense.

Cheers Everyone and Have a Great Weekend!
If only that 90% of those common sense persons would vote in elections and the low and no info voters would stay home.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Never happen.
To Bear arms, what does that mean? To bear means to carry or hold, I would be fine with leaving it there
That isn't entirely correct. When a country brings to bear, it certainly does not mean small arms.

bring to bear, to concentrate on with a specific purpose

Private citizens owned cannon back in revolutionary times. A cannon is certainly not a weapon one can "bear" in your narrow definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
If only that 90% of those common sense persons would vote in elections and the low and no info voters would stay home.
I hear that... you're preaching to the choir.

The fact that over 7% (1 in 14 people) chose to ban semi-auto weapons shows that they are absolutely clueless. Basically they want muskets and flintlocks back. It would have been more honest to simply ban all guns, as that's really what they want.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That isn't entirely correct. When a country brings to bear, it certainly does not mean small arms.

bring to bear, to concentrate on with a specific purpose

Private citizens owned cannon back in revolutionary times. A cannon is certainly not a weapon one can "bear" in your narrow definition.

I hear that... you're preaching to the choir.

The fact that over 7% (1 in 14 people) chose to ban semi-auto weapons shows that they are absolutely clueless. Basically they want muskets and flintlocks back. It would have been more honest to simply ban all guns, as that's really what they want.
Well they can wish in one hand and crap in the other, I wonder which will fill up faster?

Its is great our rights are not subject to the minority, or majority at least in theory....

Just goes to show you that short minded and stupid people ruin everything for everyone.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Well they can wish in one hand and crap in the other, I wonder which will fill up faster?

Its is great our rights are not subject to the minority, or majority at least in theory....

Just goes to show you that short minded and stupid people ruin everything for everyone.

Actually I think it's the more intelligent people who are trying to keep you crazies intact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies