Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
 
13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Reputation: 2618

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It was disproved because of selective data that was massaged/revised to get the desired result.

Why you haven't heard any more about it.

Why al-Gore has been silent.
It was shown to be invalid, first by McIntyre and McKitrick, then again by McIntyre for some later versions of MBH98, and finally the bulk of the scientific community started tearing it apart and distancing themselves from it.

It is common knowledge to anyone who has remotely looked into the topics and he either is severely ignorant on the topic, or deviously dismissing any contest to such due to activist motives. Either way, it is a pointless venture to discuss it with him.

Look up his previous posts concerning climate change on this board. He displays all the key talking points and holds a very "activist" like tone of dismissal. Not going to get anywhere discussing science with an idealist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Calgary, AB
3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
Reputation: 1072
I see a lot of whining here about Al Gore, liberals in general, and me in particular. But not a single counter-argument to the claim mentioned in the OP. Not one.

And you guys think your opinions deserve consideration. Remarkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Reputation: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
As to the claims of the OP's paper:

Methane Hydrates and Contemporary Climate Change
For once, I agree with you. This is a non issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
 
27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Reputation: 12102
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, I guess you don't believe in gravity or evolution, either?
Has nothing to do with climate change/AGW or the term du jour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:09 PM
 
13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Reputation: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I see a lot of whining here about Al Gore, liberals in general, and me in particular. But not a single counter-argument to the claim mentioned in the OP. Not one.

And you guys think your opinions deserve consideration. Remarkable.
You sure about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Reputation: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Peer reviewed theories are still theories and not fact.

Fact: global temps rise and fall.

Theory: Man is causing it.

Fact: warmer in the MWP than now.

Fact: volcanos cause climate change.

Theory: Man causes climate change.

I will stick with facts.

Get back to me when theories become facts.
Sigh....

Sooooooo we are burning fossil fuels and releasing CO2, SOX, NOX, methane, etc. into the atmosphere in quantities that wouldn't have gotten there without cataclysmic events. So if it helps you think about, the modern human race is just one large volcano (or several smaller ones) that has exponentially increasing its emissions over the centuries and decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Reputation: 2037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I see a lot of whining here about Al Gore, liberals in general, and me in particular. But not a single counter-argument to the claim mentioned in the OP. Not one.

And you guys think your opinions deserve consideration. Remarkable.
In this case, this isn't an issue to be overly concerned with. But to flat out deny humans have no consequence to the climate deserves to be called out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
 
27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Reputation: 12102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I don't believe you. I asked you to prove your claim, not repeat it. Please link to the papers that show the previous research was in error. Please show us the revised temp profile. Prove this lie.
The Hockey Stick: A New Low in Climate Science
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:16 PM
 
27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Reputation: 12102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Sigh....

Sooooooo we are burning fossil fuels and releasing CO2, SOX, NOX, methane, etc. into the atmosphere in quantities that wouldn't have gotten there without cataclysmic events. So if it helps you think about, the modern human race is just one large volcano (or several smaller ones) that has exponentially increasing its emissions over the centuries and decades.
And yet it was warmer in the Medieval Warming Period. And when a volcano blew its top in Iceland, global temps cooled.

Kind of makes a case that all that stuff you say is being put in the atmosphere should cool the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Palo Alto
12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Reputation: 4190
I'm heading to Boston for a few days. I just checked the forecast. Forecast high tomorrow is 68.

Global warming? Bring it on.

Yeah, I know, it's just weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top