Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
steven, I cut the votes for brevity as everyone can see them, and I really appreciate you putting them up. My point is this. The Republican party is supposed to be the party of smaller government, they had the opportunity to repeal it and they did not take it. Now, someone with your viewpoint is going to look me in the eye and say, "Republicans, smaller government? Poppycock!" So, I plus 1 you for sure! Also, I see it your way, just so you know.
I noted that you are correct concerning the Republicans here. Obama and the Dems were against this stuff also until they became for it.

BOTH parties are worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Watch the entire topic now magically disappear from Fox News. I guess it will be back to Benghazi.
"Back to" Benghazi? Benghazi is still an open investigation, and a topic that has not been dropped, nor should it be.

Benghazi is not some "phony (or 'pretend') scandal," as claimed by Barack Obama, and his sock puppet Press Secretary, Jay Carney. There are four dead Americans because of this administrations failure to respond to a terrorist attack, when quick action could have saved their lives. We want to know who it was that gave the order to "stand down," and until we know the truth, this will remain an open issue.

The gross negligence that resulted in the deaths of these Americans is more than a scandal. It is a disgrace, and a willful act of abandonment of Americans desparately in need of help.

Any military man who would have abandoned the men under his command in this way, would have been court martialed, removed from his command, and dishonorably discharged from the military in disgrace.

Obama should receive the same treatment for this abandonment.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:32 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
I think Cornel West sums up Obama very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=zCO4BxUMpD0

Old 07-26-2013, 08:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Obama is a two faced liar made up scandals my a$$ more like someone doing the two step to cover his a$$...he looks ridiculous an embarrassment crying like a ponderous child that doesn't get his way.
Obama is the "retread President". He keeps recycling the old, hoping it will wear better this time around. He fails to acknowledge that everything he has tried, and everything he says, has just worn too thin. We've heard it all before, nothing he has ever done is new, and none of his policies have ever worked, nor will they ever. All have been tried and failed before.

The Democrats are bankrupt, the country is bankrupt because of their policies, and yet, Obama keeps shoveling the same pile of crap at us, day in and day out, hoping we don't notice. He hasn't realized that, finally, even his otherwise sympathetic press has noticed, and are turning against him.

It hasn't helped him to claim that the scandals he is deeply involved in are "phony." Four dead Americans in Behngazi are not "phony." Those who have been the subject of IRS harassment don't think the scandal is "phony" (or funny), and the administration and the DOJ (Eric Holder) poking it's nose into a local shooting incident (the Zimmerman case), and stirring up racial turmoil (in a case that had nothing to do with race), doesn't help Obama or the Democrats, who are trying to reignite old racial tensions for political gain.

"Reuse, recycle", isn't just an environmental slogan; it is the modus operandi of the Obama administration, and the entire Democrat Party.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 07-26-2013 at 08:19 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
steven, I cut the votes for brevity as everyone can see them, and I really appreciate you putting them up. My point is this. The Republican party is supposed to be the party of smaller government, they had the opportunity to repeal it and they did not take it. Now, someone with your viewpoint is going to look me in the eye and say, "Republicans, smaller government? Poppycock!" So, I plus 1 you for sure! Also, I see it your way, just so you know.
Ten years ago I would have backed the Republicans, as I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate. I've seen the light, and both parties are nothing more than a front for a progressive agenda. Shared misery over common sense, and both leading to the same end. We vote to move the country in a certain direction, yet the direction hasn't changed in 20 years.

All who voted for Obama know they got a bunch of empty promises. Those who voted for him the second time refuse to admit they were fools. I'm not saying Romney would have been any better. Anyone who believes Hillary will fix/change anything are naïve.

The only thing bipartisan about our political elites is the concerted attack on our rights and the Constitution. This vote to allow the NSA to bank data on EVERY AMERICAN INDEFINATELY should have made the truth crystal clear to everyone. Big Brother is alive and well.

Vote Libertarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I noted that you are correct concerning the Republicans here. Obama and the Dems were against this stuff also until they became for it.

BOTH parties are worthless.
I think they make good candidates for retirement. They're certainly great examples of how a political class can become full of themselves, and make the citizenry their servants.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:55 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
The party of small government and liberty just voted to let the NSA continue to record all private communications and digital activity of every American citizen.

What more would it take for you to leave the GOP? Honestly.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
The party of small government and liberty just voted to let the NSA continue to record all private communications and digital activity of every American citizen.

What more would it take for you to leave the GOP? Honestly.
I was told in another thread that the government does not do this. Are you saying they are wrong?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are not this stupid, i refuse to believe you are. They are not voting to repeal something that isnt taking place, you simply have no idea what they are voting to repeal.

Data collection =/= Wiretapping.

They are voting to take away the NSA's ability to collect data.
I know dam well they are voting to take away the NSA's ability to collect data, that data isnt collected for free CONGRESS gave them that power, and funded it, and that was by BOTH political parties.. Or dont you know that?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Can't we please pause long enough to...impeach Obama??

Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know dam well they are voting to take away the NSA's ability to collect data, that data isnt collected for free CONGRESS gave them that power, and funded it, and that was by BOTH political parties.. Or dont you know that?
You do realize this entire string of comments is about the ability to wire tape american conversations between americans,right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies