Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:41 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,925,520 times

Advertisements

Most of the times when I see a black women with an infant (baby to 2 year old or so), the mother does not have a ring on her finger. I don't recall the last time I see a white or Asian woman with a young child but no ring.

This is just my observation unique to me. Do you have similar observation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
i have seen plenty of single women with children around here, and across the country. its nor limited to one or two races.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:56 PM

298 posts, read 381,694 times
I'm too focused on how cute the kid is to even care, not that I do anyways. A lot of younger people are catching on to the fact that it is not always in your best interests financially to get married. In fact, often times quite the opposite.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
I'm too focused on how cute the kid is to even care, not that I do anyways. A lot of younger people are catching on to the fact that it is not always in your best interests financially to get married. In fact, often times quite the opposite.
It is unfavorable to the best interests of a baby for their parents to not be married.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Most of the times when I see a black women with an infant (baby to 2 year old or so), the mother does not have a ring on her finger. I don't recall the last time I see a white or Asian woman with a young child but no ring.

How is your question significantly different than the following thread? But yes, marriage rates are declining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
This may indeed be a controversial topic, but I have noticed something very apparent lately. When I'm out and about, in majority black and mixed communities, I rarely see black dads out and about with their children (i.e. at the mall, grocery store, sporting events, concerts, parks, etc). I usually always see black women alone with their children or with other women (perhaps a sister, friend, mother, aunt, niece etc).

On the other hand, whenever the children are present with a white, or Asian women, I often always see a guy around too, out and about with them.

Please do not take offense to this post. I am just writing from my own experience. Please let me know if you have noticed this as well. If not, next time you're out and about especially if you live in a mixed or predominately black area, do an informal count for yourself, and see if you don't notice this trend too.

I obviously did not perform a scientific study, but I think this is the real reason why there is so much crime in urban areas. Male children need discipline and female children need protection from male attention at young ages. Without a caring father present, a host of problems usually result, in the short and long term.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...pect-race.html

Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is unfavorable to the best interests of a baby for their parents to not be married.
It is not in the man's best interest to get married though.
CA gives lifetime alimony to the woman once you are married 10 years.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:11 PM

121 posts, read 142,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post

The OP recreated my thread topic.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:12 PM

808 posts, read 662,955 times
divorce laws make it unappealing to get married. And not only for men.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:18 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,925,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have seen plenty of single women with children around here, and across the country. its nor limited to one or two races.
People change over time, say 5 years or 10 years, etc. and go their separate ways, file divorce, etc. But, not when the child was just born. You see no East Asian women walk around with a baby and no ring on finger.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:18 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
divorce laws make it unappealing to get married. And not only for men.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies