Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,772,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Well, since the shooter wasn't white, don't hold your breath.

BTW.....I thought that SYG could only be used by white men?
I thought we were trying to figure out how this shooting was the white mans fault, even if there wasn't one present. I'm sure we can find a way to place the blame on whitey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
It seems to me that she had a legitimate reason for shooting the guy (based on what the article wrote) but I do think it is ironic that she thinks her situation is different than Zimmerman... self-defense is self-defense... could the guy said that her outfit made him go after her, so its her fault? It doesn't matter, self-defense is self-defense... its not whenever you think its appropriate because its not based on what you believe...

Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,507,640 times
https://www.facebook.com/shanequia.mcdonald

Not that this has any bearing on my opinion of her case (it really serves as an eye-opener for me that the experience of being American is absolutely not the same for everyone) but you may want to check out her Facebook page before it's taken down.

In particular:

Shanequia McDonald
April 20 via mobile
Happy 4/20/2013 smoke sessions all day

Shanequia McDonald
July 18, 2012 via mobile
4 All u ******* @n ***** @SS NIGG@S THAT @INT **** STEP UR PUSSYS @N DICKS UP HOES who ridin with that im talkin 2 texas !!!!!!!!!!! ima crip ***** ,hoe

Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,507,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Kind of doubt that gun was legal as she had quite a few assault cases before.

Even the gun is illegal, she still has the right to stand her ground and right to defend herself. If the guy displayed a knife within 21 feet, it would be an immediate justification to use deadly force without retreat.

I am not sure this is self defense though but would like to hear more. The report from the media is sketchy at the best.

The interesting part is that I don't hear from the mass calling her to retreat. If only she didn't step out of the car...
It would have to be a felony assault. If she hasn't done time she's probably legal.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
This woman should fry. The victim only brandished the knife. She was not justified to shoot until he stabbed her. The "Joe Biden" method of scaring away an intruder by shooting into the air fails..... again.

Trying to get laid should not be a death sentence.

what??
do you "try to get laid" with a knife at some women???
rapist do all the time!!!
I have no idea if this is what happened, that will come out at trial
but he had no right to pull a deadly weapon on her
it sounds like she did not mean to kill him

Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I thought we were trying to figure out how this shooting was the white mans fault, even if there wasn't one present. I'm sure we can find a way to place the blame on whitey.
Well, the Chinese invented gun powder.......

Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
But there are people who insist on profiling young black men this way while Zim, the real gun toting thug later posing as victim, exited his vehicle with no provocation, manifested the same racist mindset of Spaten.

yawn ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Old 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,015,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what??
do you "try to get laid" with a knife at some women???
rapist do all the time!!!
I have no idea if this is what happened, that will come out at trial
but he had no right to pull a deadly weapon on her
it sounds like she did not mean to kill him
I'm glad she did. It's probably not the first time that he assaulted someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies