Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,931,168 times

Advertisements

You bath children you are just babysitting for? You don't stare at them while they nap but sit in the same room? YOu follow them into the bathroom. Yep you are definitely traumatizing these kids. CPS would not agree with any of your techniques. If I found out some babysitter was with them in the bathtub you would be jailed if not injured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,754,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Me too, and in certain instances there are exceptions to the rule. And IMO rules go out the window at this point.
It's fine if you want to toss the rules out as a personal decision. That's what the teacher did, too. The business owner didn't make a personal decision, though. The business owner made a business decision. Because the business owner has more at risk than the teacher did.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You bath children you are just babysitting for? You don't stare at them while they nap but sit in the same room? YOu follow them into the bathroom. Yep you are definitely traumatizing these kids. CPS would not agree with any of your techniques. If I found out some babysitter was with them in the bathtub you would be jailed if not injured.
You leave little children unattended in the bathtub???

https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-R...e-year-period/

You leave little children to climb up on toilets by themselves?

CPS would agree with all of my actions.

And the last time I was in the bathtub with a child I was about 3 years old myself, and my mother was bathing me and my brother at the same time.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Harrier allowed the three and four year old children use the bathroom themselves, yes.

If they had an issue, they knew to call for Harrier and he would be within earshot in the next room.

What is the problem?

Isn't there a constitutional "right to privacy"?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,935,929 times
Quote:
Yes, I accompany the little ones to the bathroom. I don't stare at them while they go potty, and I don't stare at them while they nap. If the grilled cheese starts smoking, I remove the grilled cheese from the frying pan and the kids assemble another sandwich at the kitchen table. If they go outside to play, I am with them. If they take a bath, I'm with them. If I take them to the movies and they have to go to the bathroom, I go with them. I'm responsible for ensuring that NOTHING happens to them when their parents leave them with me, and it's a responsibility I take very seriously.
If you are with them if they are taking a bath or going to the rest room you aren't with the rest.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM

745 posts, read 1,500,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
you dont think the paying parents have or deserve a right to say whom cares for their children...?

blame the government that doesnt take much thought. Putting yourself in the shoes of the parents of those children, learning the lady left thier child napping to investigate a fire.

Those are not her children...the facility was not her home.

Her job one, is the safety of those kids...blame whom you wish, the parents and staff did the right, smart, and just thing---they fired her.

You hire her to care for your kids if you like.
I can see both sides of this. I think it is good that she took the initiative to put out the fire. However, I would feel uneasy with the fact that she smelled smoke and left sleeping children behind in another room to investigate the cause of the smoke.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,931,168 times
Quote:
You leave little children unattended in the bathtub???

https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-R...e-year-period/

CPS would agree with all of my actions.

And the last time I was in the bathtub with a child I was about 3 years old myself, and my mother was bathing me and my brother at the same time.
When I take my kids to a babysitter they don't need to be bathed. You take that upon yourself apparently. Climb up on toilets. I let kids climb trees. They are children not prisoners. Lord have mercy.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,915,807 times
I recall a teacher being fired at a Catholic school for getting pregnant yet not married. It was against the school's policy so people here justified it.

Now all of a sudden the school's policy no longer matters? Interesting.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,172,133 times
Something in an oven that is burning is not what you call a FIRE. How can it spread from a closed oven ? Whoever was responsible for the cooking is the one who should be fired. Did the teacher actually see flames coming from the stove? I think not

Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you are with them if they are taking a bath or going to the rest room you aren't with the rest.
When they are pre-schoolers, I certainly am. It's not like we're talking about seventeen kids here. But your attacks on me are OFF-TOPIC.

This thread is about a teacher who left a room full of pre-schoolers unattended. The daycare center where she worked had a policy prohibiting leaving the children unattended. She violated that policy and lost her job. Most of you have posted diligently about how nothing happened. None of you have made an argument that such a policy is wrong. I suspect because the policy isn't wrong. Any parent has had incidents where little children have gotten into trouble when left unsupervised, even for a moment. You don't leave little ones alone. Not in bathtubs. Not in pools. Not in cars. Not in classrooms. While you may think you'll only be gone for a moment, there is always the chance that you'll be delayed. And it only takes moments for a tragedy to occur.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies