Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 09:26 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,446,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
So what if she did? You think the lawyer's wife who was going to write a book didn't?
They all do but it's not right.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,384,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Which part surprised you?
None of it. What's the surprise? What's the issue?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 PM

122 posts, read 180,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
She is probably afraid for her life so she is back pedalng to keep from a revenge death.

If that were truly the case, then why would she agree to have her face shown to the public? Let alone even entertain the thought of doing so to begin with

Last edited by Sinikal; 07-25-2013 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Personal attack & a violation of TOS.
What about attacks on common decency? I understand there are double standards around here.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 PM

18,873 posts, read 14,069,495 times
Functionally illiterate people should not serve on juries. Killing does not equate to murder.

Acquitting the man of the charge of murder means the evidence, or lack thereof, supports his claim of self defense, as shown by the preponderance of physical damage to GZ and the lack of corresponding physical damage to TM (excepting the gunshot).

Killing TM was not murder, if the jury acquitted GZ. In other words, TM was the aggressor, engaged in assault and attempted murder of GZ. You can’t have it both ways - either TM was unlawfully killed or he was killed in response to his felonious behavior.

If TM was NOT the aggressor and was hunted down and murdered by GZ, then where is the evidence? All the evidence presented supported GZ’s version, and didn’t support the prosecution’s version of the events. Eyewitness testimony has TM on top of GZ, pounding him. In fear for his life, he defended himself.

To make the victim into the perpetrator is hypocrisy and disingenuous. Shame on her and all who laud the felon as an innocent victim. And shame on those who use intimidation and racial baiting to hound anyone who doesn’t agree with their lynch mob mentality.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 PM

93 posts, read 82,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It explains his lack of self-defense injuries. What did he do with his hands for 40 seconds while Trayvon supposedly pummeled him and banged his head on the ground---flutter them in the air?
Yes his hands were fluttering in the air with his gun. He was spraying bullets all over the place.

Or

He has his gun holstered.

What self defense injuries are you talking about? Broken nose, cut on the back of his head, scratches. Have you even followed this case? Have you even thought out my initial response. If a witness saw GZ asking him for help while TM was on top of him. And this witness didn't see GZ holding a gun at that point. Knowing this why would you say GZ pulled out his gun once he hit the floor. Why?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,616,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I get the feeling many people wanted GZ to get to the point where he was almost unconscious before acting. I wonder if they would do that is they had been attacked?
If I as a woman had had a teenager attack me, I would have fought back physically, not shot the kid to death. I certainly would have tried to defend myself for more than 40 seconds.

Plus, Zimmerman KNEW help was on the way. He'd already called the police and he knew neighbors had called 911. He knew the kid wasn't a murderer or mugger, because Trayvon had asked him why he was following him.

Even if he was knocked into unconsciousness, he knew he'd be all right. The thing is he didn't want to get knocked unconscious. He knew then it would be another one of those ***s "who always get away."

Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,616,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
Yes his hands were fluttering in the air with his gun. He was spraying bullets all over the place.

Or

He has his gun holstered.

What self defense injuries are you talking about? Broken nose, cut on the back of his head, scratches. Have you even followed this case? Have you even thought out my initial response. If a witness saw GZ asking him for help while TM was on top of him. And this witness didn't see GZ holding a gun at that point. Knowing this why would you say GZ pulled out his gun once he hit the floor. Why?
I never said he pulled the gun out right away. I believe he started trying to almost right away. The gun was not immediately accessible to Zimmerman. He said so himself.

None of those are self-defense injuries. My question still stands: what was Zimmerman doing with his hands to defend himself during those 40 seconds?

Last edited by ellemint; 07-25-2013 at 10:35 PM..

Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 PM

44,566 posts, read 61,338,989 times
This thread was originally posted earlier in the True Crime along with the other Zimmerman threads, but the mod decided to move it. The sticky thread was posted later.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 PM

17,055 posts, read 14,382,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What about attacks on common decency? I understand there are double standards around here.

I never attacked another poster. You did.

Violation of TOS.

Sorrynotsorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies