Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:13 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
lol

I thought libertarians were fans of Christie.
He must feel really threatened by the rise of the Libertarian Party. He should note that there is a difference in the Libertarians like any other party. You have your Conservative, Moderate and Liberal. Rand Paul is a Conservative Libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 07:22 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Because several of those on the left (not all mind you) have this thought process that "if you're not with us, then you're against us," and that anyone that has conservative values must be a republican, a racist, and a bible thumper. It is group think, and too much of it is not a good thing, because it makes people lose the ability to actually use their own brain on issues, and think for themselves.
That's because either the news media doesn't know the difference or the news media perpetuates the obfuscation deliberately.

The biggest lie out there, perpetuated by the news media, liberal and so-called conservative, is that the tea party is about social issues. You may wonder why the so-called conservative news media does this. It's because most of them are establishment Republicans, not conservative or libertarian. They denigrate conservative and libertarian candidates to make their establishment Republican buddies look good. Think Karl Rove, Bill Kristol, Frank Luntz, Charles Krauthammer, Bill O'Reilly and others. Fox News is practically the John McCain/Lindsey Graham network they are on so much.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He must feel really threatened by the rise of the Libertarian Party. He should note that there is a difference in the Libertarians like any other party. You have your Conservative, Moderate and Liberal. Rand Paul is a Conservative Libertarian.
I think the Libertarians are a growing phenomenon in American politics.

It seems to me they are more of a threat more to the Republicans than the Democrats.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
lol

I thought libertarians were fans of Christie.

Chris Christie attacks libertarians - YouTube

I hope this fat fuccck pull a james gandolfini.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Listening to vid Christy made himself clear that he is the establishment and he will be just like Bush/Obama. If you like our foreign policy of interventionism and all the TSA spying crap then he is your man. He could win on this strategy, if a douche like McCain can make it out of the primaries so can Christy. I have tried to like him but the more I hear him talk the more I am turned off, I do not think I will support him in 2016.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think the Libertarians are a growing phenomenon in American politics.

It seems to me they are more of a threat more to the Republicans than the Democrats.
I agree. I live in an area where, 20 years ago we had not one Libertarian on the ballot. This past election cycle, we had a Libertarian running for every office. That is huge.

I believe that Chris Christie is trying to be the front runner for the GOP with his remarks. He is setting himself apart as the interventionalist, which is a big GOP platform issue.

And the threat with the Republicans is that many more are anti-interventionalists, i.e., Rand Paul.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I agree. I live in an area where, 20 years ago we had not one Libertarian on the ballot. This past election cycle, we had a Libertarian running for every office. That is huge.

I believe that Chris Christie is trying to be the front runner for the GOP with his remarks. He is setting himself apart as the interventionalist, which is a big GOP platform issue.

And the threat with the Republicans is that many more are anti-interventionalists, i.e., Rand Paul.
Paul is going to have a tough time if he decides to run and Christie could beat him up at the debates. I say Christie has the better chance since he is the establishment and the {R}s love that type.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Paul is going to have a tough time if he decides to run and Christie could beat him up at the debates. I say Christie has the better chance since he is the establishment and the {R}s love that type.
I think Christi is the front runner unless Rubio gets in the game. I really like Rand Paul and would support and vote for him in a heart beat, but he does not stand a chance because of the R establishment, plus the shunning by the MSM.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:27 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Christie is a right winger that panders to the democrats for votes by lashing out at the far right nutjobs in the party, Rand Paul in this case.
he is not a right winger, he is a leftest posing as a right winger.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
As a libertarian, I agree.

Liberals seem to have a very hard time dissociating republicans from libertarians. I can't figure out why that is such a challenge for them, republicans usually are able to grasp the differences.
The challenge is on your part, not ours. You guys seems to love to say "Democrats and Libertarians suck/Republicans and Democrats suck", yet never expand your point beyond that and just continue to only attack Democrats and never each other. I call my "so called libertarian" friends out on it all the time"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies