Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 05:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You really have to use stats that are per capita, you can't say more white children are born out of wedlock then blacks and not say blacks make up only 13% of the US and whites are 72%.

Maybe you could provide some studies that says murder rate controlled by location is the same between races, I looked briefly, couldn't find anything.
The OOW birthrate for whites is actually growing at a faster pace versus blacks. I do think the black rate is high but the pace that it has reached 72 percent over the last 30 years is lower than whites who have grown from approximately 15 percent to nearly 40 percent over the same time period that blacks went from 65 percent to 72. Blacks have always had a higher OOW birthrate compared to other demographics in this country due to the legacy of slavery. But the depopularization of marriage before children is a first world phenomenon and whit Americans also participate in this modern social construct.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:58 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So according to you, the group that does things to help out other groups is actually hateful to that group?

So organizations and legislation aimed to help war veterans is actually being sponsored by groups that... hate war veterans...

The only reason people buy into the narrative of race & crime being correlated are people who want to look down on another group.
The group that thinks another group can not be successful without their help has a very low outlook of them. It shows they think that group is beneath them. Racism is believing one race is superior over another. If you think black people can not be successful without the help of programs, then it shows you think they are inferior. It is fairly simple to understand.

This is why my wife and I are republicans, the republicans judge us by our actions, not our skin color. They don't tell us, we are too dumb to get identification, they don't tell us we need welfare and other programs like Democrats do.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Name four pieces of legislation that Conservatives have proposed that help either non-rich people or minorities?
The voting rights act was proposed by a republican and a democrat.
94% of republicans in the senate and 82% in the house voted for it (more than dems btw)
The emancipation proclamation was an executive order by a republicans
Republicans were the first major party to support women's suffrage, over 70% of the states that ratified the 19th amendment were controlled by republicans.
Republican president started to build the interstate highway system.
Republican president desegregated schools.

Here are some things republicans have done that benifits every, and many cases specifically minorities.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The group that thinks another group can not be successful without their help has a very low outlook of them. It shows they think that group is beneath them. Racism is believing one race is superior over another. If you think black people can not be successful without the help of programs, then it shows you think they are inferior. It is fairly simple to understand.

This is why my wife and I are republicans, the republicans judge us by our actions, not our skin color. They don't tell us, we are too dumb to get identification, they don't tell us we need welfare and other programs like Democrats do.
It's funny how you think protecting Blacks from discrimination = thinking they are inferior. I guess MLK was the biggest racist in America? Same w/ Frederick Douglass? And let's not leave out that Black-hating Thurgood Marshall, always looking down his nose at those lazy Blacks.

You must idolize Bull Conner too. After all, he set up motivators for Blacks to do things on their own. Like fighting their way to desegregation while he was siccing dogs on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Republican president started to build the interstate highway system.
Here are some things republicans have done that benifits every, and many cases specifically minorities.
Notice how I said "Conservatives?" There's a reason. Party names are just marketing gimmicks, but you can't change your political leaning. So I'm going to erase the actions that were dominated by Liberal actions from your list above.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
That's the title of a thread that never gets posted. Yet, every week, multiple times a week, multiple posters on here will create a thread to specifically denigrate Black people. Why is that? The best part is those threads almost always lead into criticisms about how Blacks are so obsessed w/ making things racial...

At first, I was all bent on arguing w/ these people that obviously turn to Bill O'Reilly for their info on Black people, but recently it occurred to me how sad and pathetic it is to come on to an internet forum, just to create hate threads about a race you never interact with.

And then there's the motive of finding the random story and somehow deciding that element is an accurate representation of Black people as a whole. What kind of agenda would a Black person need to create a thread every time a high school teacher got busted w/ one of their students and say "White people..." Yet everyday there are race-baiters on this site showing their obsession with Blacks.

What do Conservatives think about all these Black-obsessed threads? And the lack of similarly-obsessed threads to other groups by Liberals?
Whites don't have the scope of problems that the black community does.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Instead of confusing everybody with facts why not take care of your own problems... your peoples problems without blaming me and my ilk... Your answer in a nutshell.. the only thing people hate is being blamed for sh&$ they're not at fault for.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:13 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
It's funny how you think protecting Blacks from discrimination = thinking they are inferior. I guess MLK was the biggest racist in America? Same w/ Frederick Douglass? And let's not leave out that Black-hating Thurgood Marshall, always looking down his nose at those lazy Blacks.

You must idolize Bull Conner too. After all, he set up motivators for Blacks to do things on their own. Like fighting their way to desegregation while he was siccing dogs on them.

Notice how I said "Conservatives?" There's a reason. Party names are just marketing gimmicks, but you can't change your political leaning. So I'm going to erase the actions that were dominated by Liberal actions from your list above.
So the republicans on the list arnt conservative now. Why can you not admit that republicans have done many good things for this country and minorities?

Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:

MLK was for equality not special programs. voter id laws are not discriminatory, but you show what you think of all us poor black people, you think we can not get id's... pathetic.

Laws that truly protect is one thing, programs that enable are another. I didn't need you or your programs to succeed in life, and neither does anyone else.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Whites don't have the scope of problems that the black community does.
what black community? As far as I have ever known, there is no black community. blacks in America do not live on reservations and not allowed out of them.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:22 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
The ironic this is the people who complain about problems in the African American community are in no position to do so. I don't know too many liberal Harvard educated millionaires complaining about problems in the Black community. It's usually the rural conservative poorly educated whites who have issues with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies