Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:28 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Point taken.

So what would be the correct word to describe a black person who has distain for a white person because they are white?
The same is for white people do not like blacks as well, but are powerless. Some white person not liking me is not racist, that makes them bigots who discriminate and vice versa.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
There is a difference between racism and discrimination, black people do not have the power to be racist. We have never had the power over white people to hold them stagnant, not improve their lives, or boss them around. Sowell only tells half truths to continue to appease his white conservative base for almost 40 years by having the mantra "Hey, look at me white people I am better than these other n--gas!"

Michael Eric Dyson Shares Why "Black People Can't Be Racist" Backstage At Don't Sleep! - YouTube
That's funny, because I have white people telling me what to do all of the time, they are called employers, but I guess if the employee is black and employer white, he/she is a racist. Well I'll be Sowell never claimed he was/is better, he spoke the truth on many issues, but as usual, blacks don't want to hear the truth/facts. Being a free country, does not give you the right to do as you please with blatant disregard of the rights of others. Sometimes it is wise to listen and do! That is how things get accomplished. And BTW, Blacks certainly can be racist, hate another person because of their race and you are racist. Here's a little ditty you might enjoy.

Chris Rock - Black People VS. *****z (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube

Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Nah. I think you were looking at yesterday's ticket.

On a serious note: there are few people who are capable of having an intelligent open discussion/debate on race.
Not the conservatives, republicans or libertarians of this forum.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:51 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Not the conservatives, republicans or libertarians of this forum.
Why, because you disagree? What is the point of discussion if we all agree?

Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If racism didn't exist, we would not be disagreeing on racism or, who is. I've seen enough teabagger rallies to see, who is.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:42 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Here's how I look at it. You can think whatever you want about another group of people--it's a free country--but when your actions and behavior cause that other group harm, then we have a problem. If some white people don't like brown people, it isn't a problem unless they do things (pass laws, make unfair decisions based on race, or take actions to discriminate). That discrimination against minorities was the historic law of the land until very recently in this country, and it still happens--look at the gay marriage fight, and the fight over voter rights. That's why the courts fight unfair laws now by doing things like enforcing the civil rights acts. On the other hand, if some brown or black people don't like white people, when have we EVER passed laws that violated the civil rights of whites in this country? Their dislike of whites has absolutely no impact on white people.

My point is that if some black people don't like white people, they're not in a position to violate the civil rights of the white people. Who cares what they think--they can't hurt me. On the other hand, white people have done the reverse--passed discriminatory laws and discriminated on a multitude of levels--for the entire history of this country, and some continue to attempt to do it today.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's how I look at it. You can think whatever you want about another group of people--it's a free country--but when your actions and behavior cause that other group harm, then we have a problem. If some white people don't like brown people, it isn't a problem unless they do things (pass laws, make unfair decisions based on race, or take actions to discriminate). That discrimination against minorities was the historic law of the land until very recently in this country, and it still happens--look at the gay marriage fight, and the fight over voter rights. That's why the courts fight unfair laws now by doing things like enforcing the civil rights acts. On the other hand, if some brown or black people don't like white people, when have we EVER passed laws that violated the civil rights of whites in this country? Their dislike of whites has absolutely no impact on white people.

My point is that if some black people don't like white people, they're not in a position to violate the civil rights of the white people. Who cares what they think--they can't hurt me. On the other hand, white people have done the reverse--passed discriminatory laws and discriminated on a multitude of levels--for the entire history of this country, and some continue to attempt to do it today.
and what attempt is being done today, to discriminate against black people.. this will be good

Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
My wife is from Poland, she came here when she was 17, she never saw a BLACK person before that... Ya want to know what she thinks of blacks since 17 ??? Do you?

and trust me she is real, not one of these fake fell good tards...
What does she think?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:54 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
If we all agreed, then there would be peace.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
and I see everyday you are wrong. Just because you claim it to be true does not make it as such. It must be a sad world for you to believe you are superior to others because of the color of skin
I gave my opinion to what I see, you don't have to agree, I never claimed to be superior to anyone, those words came from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies