Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:09 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nope, i see it every day.
Tell me, how is it human nature to be racist?

Old 07-27-2013, 01:20 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Tell me, how is it human nature to be racist?
Why would anyone feel they were not? I work with all races and hear every one of them talk down the other races and they do it face to face. It's just part of life in the real world.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:26 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If we all agreed, then there would be peace.
People learn from each other by sharing when they have civilized, rational, constructive discussions and debates. There has to be a willingness to listen and an open mind and not to take what is said personal. It also can't be about "me" vs "you". It has to be about "us".

It's a hard topic to discuss.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Why would anyone feel they were not? I work with all races and hear every one of them talk down the other races and they do it face to face. It's just part of life in the real world.
No, that is your world - wherever that is. I can only imagine what level these people are at that they spend every day race bashing.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Must be California, I work with all races and seldom here such stuff.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
You know what? I'm not racist. I don't look down on people based on race. I judge based on the individual because I would want someone to do the same for me. I feel that it is only right to do so. I consider racism something that is taught. No one is born a racist. It is something developed from being taught.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
People learn from each other by sharing when they have civilized, rational, constructive discussions and debates. There has to be a willingness to listen and an open mind and not to take what is said personal. It also can't be about "me" vs "you". It has to be about "us".

It's a hard topic to discuss.
I feel like one reason there is a "me vs you" mentality is because of trust issues. Some people have anger and mistrust. In order for there to be an "us" conversation, it will require mutual respect for one another, it requires both parties wanting good for the other.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
and what attempt is being done today, to discriminate against black people.. this will be good
Why don't we see what happens with the court fight on voter suppression efforts in Texas and North Carolina, shall we.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
I saw that and thought it interesting, although most polls can be manipulated to fit any agenda.

Here's a related story on who the real racists are-

Who’s really promoting prejudice?
The pro-Trayvon campaign shows how illiberal 'anti-racism' has become.
Shortly after that tragic encounter between Zimmerman and Martin on a February night last year in Florida, and before many facts of the case were known, campaigners from across America jumped to the conclusion that the case was a clear and prime example of everything that’s wrong with the US, especially regarding race relations. Zimmerman, in their eyes, was a racist and a murderer.

In making this argument, however, liberal campaigners had to twist the facts to fit their simplistic storyline. Zimmerman was initially described as ‘white’, but after it became known that he was of Hispanic background, they invented a new term, ‘white Hispanic’, so as to continue the white vs black narrative. NBC edited a recording to make him sound like he had made a racist comment about blacks, which they later had to admit was doctored. Zimmerman was portrayed as a racist monster, yet it was revealed that he had many black friends, including a black girlfriend in high school. He reportedly voted for Obama. All in all, he didn’t fit the campaigners’ image of him as a KKK member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Thomas Sowell is spot on, as usual.

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

Apparently other Americans also recognize that the sources of racism are different today from what they were in the past. According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 31 percent of blacks think that most blacks are racists, while 24 percent of blacks think that most whites are racist.

more at;

Who Is Racist? | National Review Online

Old 07-27-2013, 04:27 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
This is so funny, even though its another whiney BS excuse for failure. Keep whining "racist" and wallowing in self-pity instead of growing up and working to make things better for yourself. Keep blaming everybody else for your situation. And expect to stay in that sorry situation that YOU made for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
There is a difference between racism and discrimination, black people do not have the power to be racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies