Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Canada has separation of church and state so does the U.K cause our parliamentary system of government is based on the Westminster parliamentary style of government.
The United Kingdom has state church (Church of England) and the Queen is the head of the church. Canada is secular nation but still has Christian holidays and culture with no strict separation of church and state like in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 11:42 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenika View Post
You don't need to go to church to see crosses or Christian symbols. You see them when people wear those, at church yards, some homes yard, and crosses outside churches in church property.

No, I will never forget Christ, but it is nice to have him everywhere. It brings comfort, safety and peace.
My mom used to pray to the baby jesus when she made her spaghetti, hoping that it would be cooked perfectly. When I showed her the "Throw it against the wall trick" she stopped. Now that I think about it, My dad used to pray to Jesus also. He'd say, "Jeezuz Christ Almighty!!! what the hell did you do this time, son?"

Old 07-27-2013, 11:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Why is there separation of church and state in the United States? It seems like the government promotes atheism which is unfair too. It is quite sad that we cannot put Christian symbols in the public square without being sued by non-Christians, teaching some religion, and observe more Christian holidays as national holidays. Why would people be bothered with having Jesus and/or Virgin Mary statue at city hall and local DMV?

I wish we had state church with still freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I like the way the UK, Canada, Germany, Austria, Israel, etc. are.... - Both democracy and religion together.

Really? Ask people in Iran how a theocracy works.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:46 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read on C-D in a very long time.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 AM

I've lived in a Christian nation before as exchange student... Nobody even cared about it. Atheists in Europe could care less about having Christian symbols in public square, people are used to it anyway. If America was officially Christian nation (Many people think the U.S. is anyway) maybe we would have had much more atheists.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
There should be only one religion (Christianity) since we got independence from England (Christian nation) and most Americans are Christians. However, all people should have the freedom to believe in any religion or lack thereof.

All I ask is to be allowed to have Christian symbols in public square without being sued, or any whining.

Then stop whining.

Your churches can display all kinds of stuff in public. And they do.

Now, go get your Sunday clothes ready for tomorrow.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really? Ask people in Iran how a theocracy works.
Or people in the UK and Israel? People don't care. Although I would never want to live under Islamic theocracy.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Then stop whining.

Your churches can display all kinds of stuff in public. And they do.

Now, go get your Sunday clothes ready for tomorrow.

How is Texas? I heard it is very religious and conservative. I never been there but heard of it

Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
Or people in the UK and Israel? People don't care. Although I would never want to live under Islamic theocracy.

There is a reason we set up this country without a national or state religion, and it works. Nobody is stopped from worshipping, we are free to believe or not as we choose. Even GOD set us up with free will. Think about it.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:55 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Harrier considers himself to be a Muslim Jew for Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies