Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 11:18 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenika View Post

All I ask is to be allowed to have Christian symbols in public square without being sued, or any whining.
And it's okay with you to be fair for other religious symbols be stood up next to Christian ones, like Islamic ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No thanks, you can keep your fairy tales out of our government. I have no interest in seeing our country ruled by the Christian religion.
Really. Muslim and Christian countries like to go to war a lot, because their religion tells them to.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Separation of church and state are inferred from the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. It's not explicitly stated.

The U.S. Government is not by Constitutional Law officially atheist. That is what educated liberals trained in law want to make it.
What do educated conservatives educated in law want to make it and what's their excuse?

Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenika View Post
Why is there separation of church and state in the United States? It seems like the government promotes atheism which is unfair too. It is quite sad that we cannot put Christian symbols in the public square without being sued by non-Christians, teaching some religion, and observe more Christian holidays as national holidays. Why would people be bothered with having Jesus and/or Virgin Mary statue at city hall and local DMV?

I wish we had state church with still freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I like the way the UK, Canada, Germany, Austria, Israel, etc. are.... - Both democracy and religion together.
I love your idea! Great idea. Only instead of Baby Jesus and that "Virgin?" Mary, I think a large gold statue of Buddha should be in every public building and also a picture of the Dali Lama with the words, "Compassion or Die!"
Let's get on this "Tout Suite"!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Really. Muslim and Christian countries like to go to war a lot, because their religion tells them to.
Don't slight the Jews, you'll be called an anti-Semite

Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Churches are on private land. DMV is land that I paid for via taxes. I am not paying for a statue of an African boy who some people think is the son of "God". I'd rather have a statue of Albert Einstein everywhere.
And by democracy you really mean "what I NJBest want."

Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
The government having a state church of scientology, state mosque, state temple, etc. is asking for extreme growth in the government. Why would you want that?

The founding fathers certainly had their doubts about religion when they formed the government.
The founders did not want the federal government promote any given denomination, and preferred the States be in control of it. Today every single State constitution mention God.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:32 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Chenika is No longer a Member
Hope you guys aren't wanting OP to come back for a response.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I see Nunnor is back to spewing theocratic nonsense...
Ding, ding, ding, We have a winner.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What is your evidence that he was white? You already admit he was from Northern Africa and everyone knows that people from the Mediterranean area is always well tanned people. If anything, Jesus had a bitchin' tan.
"There is evidence that Jesus was black:

- He liked gospel.

- He called everybody brother.

- He couldn't get a fair trial."

(source unknown).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies