Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times

Advertisements

LOL @ Europe still stuck in the 1800s

Old 07-30-2013, 01:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
On the other hand she did become a minister in that white country, so one might think that at least among educated people racism can't be that bad Than again, decades of brainwashing by neanderthal Berlusconi's media have certainly left their mark on Italy's cultural level...

Black soccer players encounter such racism across Europe, not just in Italy. Happens in Germany, Britain and other countries as well...

In Europe there is little political correctness regarding black people. You will still find white people dressing up as black people in comedy programs, wearing black makeup, Afro hairdos etc.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
That's true, he wouldn't have an ice cube's chance in hell.

But American politicians do and say things all the time that would never fly over here. For example, even though the Vatican meddles endlessly, anyone trying to pull the kinds of stunts that American fundamentalist politicians routinely pull would be subjected to utter and merciless ridicule.
Naah he wouldn't have lasted in U.S. politics unless he could drive an oldsmobile off a bridge while drunk and leave it at the bottom of a pond with a young girl in it to then walk back to the party. he might have lasted for decades in U.S. politics if he could do that.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Italy is for Italians. if the demographic changed, they wouldn't be Italians. it's not like the USA, New Zealand, England, or Australia where nationality, ethnicity, and culture are not closely intertwined. Same for Spain, Portugal, even Ireland. Asian and African immigrants should avoid these countries. And, especially, Russia too. Move to the UK or the USA.
Agreed but Italy's pop growth is lower than even China's so they'll be less and less "Italians" every year. Too; some Italians in northern Italy are actually of German family and even speak German tho under international law they're def "Italian".

Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer View Post
Sad to say, I agree with you. Immigrants are better off moving to Anglo and Western Hemisphere countries. With that said, countries that are inhospitable to immigration will eventually implode through economic stagnation, lack of innovation, and perilous birth rates. Europe is having these problems now, but Asia will see the same fate in the future.
It's already happening in China and Japan. Not enough babies being born to replace people dying and working age people are already dropping in real numbers in both places.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naah he wouldn't have lasted in U.S. politics unless he could drive an oldsmobile off a bridge while drunk and leave it at the bottom of a pond with a young girl in it to then walk back to the party. he might have lasted for decades in U.S. politics if he could do that.
Agreed and I'm of Irish family too. Teddy was an insult tho he's now dead.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:48 PM

87 posts, read 82,338 times
Got black irish only a matter of time before we had black italians. LOL....this is just a disgrace...She is not Italian she is African.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
While I find these acts disgusting, I would like to know who is she to migrate to such a culturally rich country and tell Italians they need to be diverse? If you come to Italy, then you become an Italian. If you're going to be integration minister, then you are in charge of integrating all new comers regardless of skin color into Italian culture, not the other way around.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
People try to portray America as such a racist place, but I've been to Europe a few times and I'll tell you, they don't like black people there. I was actually pretty offended by some of the things they say in public to be honest. My German cousins are pretty brutal on them. They don't want them around AT ALL.

We went to a futbol game in Italy and when a black player came out for France the home crowd starting making monkey sounds. It was pretty disgusting and embarrassing. They are brutal compared to the politeness you see at American stadiums.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Most Europeans don't have anything against blacks. Some do and those are the ones in the news...
Soccer fans are not exactly known to be fair and intelligent people...

I suppose there is more racism in Italy because that country is the main point of entry for Africans coming across the Mediterranean. Not to mention Berlusconi and other right-wing politicians who are exploiting that situation to get more votes from less intelligent voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies