Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 08:56 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I think you may have a very big problem with reading comprehension! This punk wasn't just cutting through a yard! He was inside of a high fence with a locked gate! You can coddle punks and criminals all you want but it won't make society a safer place! I think you should be adopting a bunch of these punks!
You think a 14 year old burglar who hasn't even had a chance to commit the burglary should get the death penalty?

This stupid homeowner couldn't wait 5 minutes for the police given that he and his family were in no danger from this kid. How does he know?

Because the kid is not approaching his house. The kid is not aiming a gun at him. The homeowner has locks on the doors. The homeowner is armed. This is how he knows this kid was not an imminent threat to his well-being or the well-being of his family.

It's not like the kid had a tank and could drive it through the homeowner's living room window. You all seem to assume these unarmed kids are possessed of super-human powers---they can kill and attack your entire family in the blink of an eye, even though they're not even near your house!!! amazing!! super-thieves!

People who intrude on someone else's property at night, if the police find them, that's it---they get shot on the spot or sent to the electric chair?

Are you serious?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
He was 30-ft away and I didn't see a mention of the gun used. Plus it was dark. Who knows where he was aiming for.

In any event, you always shoot to kill.
Yeah, if you're a killer. You don't shoot to kill an unarmed child who is on your property unless you want to get charged with 2nd degree murder. Even if this homeowner is acquitted, which he won't be, his life is over, as are the lives of his family, whom he has now deserted with his blood-lust.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:00 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Bottom line; if you are a criminal do not take for granted your victim will obey the law either. I suggest, if you want a long life, longevity does have it's place, ya don't screw with other people and their stuff.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Bottom line; if you are a criminal do not take for granted your victim will obey the law either. I suggest, if you want a long life, longevity does have it's place, ya don't screw with other people and their stuff.
That's good advice.

I've spent my entire life in the criminal justice field and every cop I've ever met has told me if someone has broke into your house you kill them. Off the record of course.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What if the kid was retrieving a tennis ball, or his cat ran under the car? The point is, this homeowner didn't know anything. Just last summer I was running around in people's backyards in the dark because my friend's dog got loose and took off after a rabbit. If I'd lived around some of you folks, I'd be dead.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
The homeowner should have the assurance that a 14 year old punk wouldn't be trespassing inside his LOCKED back yard at 2 AM! I doubt he knew the punk was 14, or the punk's motive or whether the punk was armed! All of us don't call the cops! I'm almost 70 years old and I have never and will never call the cops. In my opinion cops are just another bunch of gangbangers.

Many Americans are sick and tired of the BS shoved down our throats. It's bad enough that our tax dollars fund a class of parasites but to have to put up with them stealing our property or threatening our safety or that of our loved ones is the last straw.

I enlisted in the military when I was 17 years old. I've seen combat, and retired as an officer from the USAF. I thought I was fighting to keep America free. I was naively idealistic! Now I know better. I'm personally not giving another inch to coddle parasites or criminals. Don't want to get shot? Don't violate our rights or steal our property or trespass. As simple as that. If you want respect, give respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You think a 14 year old burglar who hasn't even had a chance to commit the burglary should get the death penalty?

This stupid homeowner couldn't wait 5 minutes for the police given that he and his family were in no danger from this kid. How does he know?

Because the kid is not approaching his house. The kid is not aiming a gun at him. The homeowner has locks on the doors. The homeowner is armed. This is how he knows this kid was not an imminent threat to his well-being or the well-being of his family.

It's not like the kid had a tank and could drive it through the homeowner's living room window. You all seem to assume these unarmed kids are possessed of super-human powers---they can kill and attack your entire family in the blink of an eye, even though they're not even near your house!!! amazing!! super-thieves!

People who intrude on someone else's property at night, if the police find them, that's it---they get shot on the spot or sent to the electric chair?

Are you serious?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's good advice.

I've spent my entire life in the criminal justice field and every cop I've ever met has told me if someone has broke into your house you kill them. Off the record of course.
I've worked with cops too and I don't believe you.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I've had plenty of firearms. I don't need a class for survival. I've fired my pistols off before in the inner-city of Milwaukee.

You can post all the links you want. You're not changing my mind. Notice I'm not in jail and have no felony but this guy in the story is in legal trouble for shooting this kid.
This guy was arrested because LA doesn't allow you to shoot trespassers. If you want to fire warning shots then do so, but don't try and pretend it's legal and don't act like you won't go to jail for warning shots.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i keep hearing that if you are unarmed you pose no threat esp if you are a minor.
many a man has been beaten to death by a minor who did not possess firearms.
1/2 of all homicides are black on black violence and 40% of homicides do not involve firearms.
no reason to think unarmed and minor means safe.
so if you have a firearm he jumps u tries to take it away and use it, fails and gets killed in the process.
u shot an unarmed child? this happens too often in the life of a cop. i think this is the underlying issue.
rights as african americans see it the right to beat up people u feel are disrespectful and mug them ??? vs right of self defense.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-27-2013 at 09:47 PM..

Old 07-27-2013, 09:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yeah, if you're a killer. You don't shoot to kill an unarmed child who is on your property unless you want to get charged with 2nd degree murder. Even if this homeowner is acquitted, which he won't be, his life is over, as are the lives of his family, whom he has now deserted with his blood-lust.
The only reason to point a gun at someone is to shoot them. The only reason to shoot someone is to "incapacitate" them. The best way to do that is to kill them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies