Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:59 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
Spokesperson for right-wingers coast-to-coast with his newest controversy...

Ted Nugent: Black Americans Should Be Profiled, Like Dogs

Ted Nugent: Black Americans Should Be Profiled, Like Dogs
I refuse to take anything this man says seriously. He purposely got himself discharged from the military so he wouldn't have to see combat or do things he didn't want to do.

Sorry, Ned. You're no "real" American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 07:21 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
This is why I can't stand the idiots in the conservative party. They will never win because of statements like this. My family is living proof that not all black people are bad! Just like not all blondes are dumb, not all Asians are good with math, run a dry cleaners, or nail salon. Not all Indians smell like curry or run gas stations and not all Muslims are terrorists.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:01 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
They profile dogs?
Well yeah, look how Pit Bulls have been demonized. Now some thing the whole breed is bad.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well yeah, look how Pit Bulls have been demonized. Now some thing the whole breed is bad.
Rip the faces off a few dozen kids and the whole breed gets tarred!

Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Gun lobby leader Nugent: "Blacks Should Be Profiled, Like Dogs"

Teddy "Pantload" Nugent...

The right wing brain trust.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:41 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You're referring to taste, right?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I've said before that Ted Nugent is a problem child. Remember the 'dead or in jail' quote? He is the Joe Biden of the right.

That said, why don't we get a full quote w/ context on this? When I click on the OP's link, all I get is a web page for some talk host. No audio, no quote, and no context. When I go after Joe Biden, I post a complete video with Joe in his own words. Not a rephrasing and a link that leads down a blind alley.
Good idea.......Huff Post now they wouldn't be on the left would they?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Gun fondlers are scared off everything. I see no reason to exclude dogs from the equation. FOr them, profiling just makes sense, especially them scary black labs and those Mexican dogs, you know them Chee-hoo-wow-was.
More like those who are afraid of Pit bulls and German Shepherds.....people always profile those dogs. Some people are scared of them....so we should ban them or at least charge high home insurance if a person owns one. People even tend to profile those who own these dogs.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
This is why I can't stand the idiots in the conservative party. They will never win because of statements like this. My family is living proof that not all black people are bad! Just like not all blondes are dumb, not all Asians are good with math, run a dry cleaners, or nail salon. Not all Indians smell like curry or run gas stations and not all Muslims are terrorists.
Ignorant post. The whole idea of profiling has nothing to do with "all" of anything but rather the idea that a certain subset of society is statistically responsible for more crime than other subsets. Nobody I know looks at "all black people" as bad, but I'm quite sure they are more than able to able to use the concept of probability to gauge a situation for its potential to turn ugly without lumping in every black person they know.

Are we to assume you have never locked your car door for any reason, anywhere, at any time?

Posts like yours are wildly shallow and supremely disingenuous.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ignorant post. The whole idea of profiling has nothing to do with "all" of anything but rather the idea that a certain subset of society is statistically responsible for more crime than other subsets. Nobody I know looks at "all black people" as bad, but I'm quite sure they are more than able to able to use the concept of probability to gauge a situation for its potential to turn ugly without lumping in every black person they know.

Are we to assume you have never locked your car door for any reason, anywhere, at any time?

Posts like yours are wildly shallow and supremely disingenuous.
Guess the poster didn't hear Biden's comment about Indian accents..... Amazing how some think the left is Perrrfect!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies