Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Ted Nugent, the perpetually provocative hard rock guitarist, said earlier this week that
black Americans should be profiled in the same manner that different breeds of
dogs are considered dangerous.

Nugent made the comments on entertainer Nick Cannon's
podcast
. The two riffed on race for several minutes until Nugent
compared recent cases of strife in race relations to "storm clouds" and dogs.

"If a Dalmatian has been biting the children in the neighborhood, I think
we're going to look for a black-and-white dog," he said.

"I think that typically when you see the -- I don't even remember the term
they use -- but the gangs of blacks lately that have been just been going down
the downtown streets and breaking windows on cars," Nugent continued. "Over and
over again, I watch the news, and here's a rape and here's a burglary and here's
a murder in Chicago. Twenty-nine shot, 29 blacks shot by 29 blacks. At some
point, you've gotta be afraid of black-and-white dogs if the Dalmatian is doing
the biting."
He's right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,364,800 times
and this is different from all the black racebaters (obama's fan base)
screaming "kill whitey" ??

Old 07-29-2013, 05:24 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
I see ol' Teddy has his campaign for POTUS off to an early flyin' start.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Actually, profiling should be based not on race but on body position, hands, direction of travel, and general mannerisms.
Huh?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
This is nothing more than gun control spin. Calling Nugent a leader of anything is a ridiculous notion. Just because he is a gun rights advocate that happens to have an audience does not make him a leader.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
I think that we can easily profile" Nugent...He's a ****ing nut!!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 06:36 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
This is nothing more than gun control spin. Calling Nugent a leader of anything is a ridiculous notion. Just because he is a gun rights advocate that happens to have an audience does not make him a leader.
Anything the left can do, they will.....does not matter if it's right or wrong.....

Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
Spokesperson for right-wingers coast-to-coast with his newest controversy...

Ted Nugent: Black Americans Should Be Profiled, Like Dogs

I don't want my dog profiled. She is black and a dog-I will tell her this evening to proceed with caution.

Are my black farm cats going to be okay?

Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 AM

945 posts, read 967,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
Spokesperson for right-wingers coast-to-coast with his newest controversy...

His point is, until blacks can prove to society as a whole that they are not inherently more dangerous than all other races, they should be profiled for violent crimes, especially gun crimes at a rate proportional to their incarceration and rate of offenses.

It is unequivocal fact that blacks are committing and getting put behind bars at alarming rates compared to all other races and if you do not take this scientific data and fact into your safety planning for the general public then you are a fool, cops and citizens alike.

Yes there are bad white people and good black people. Just not in the same proportions as other races as of 2013.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Here is a major problem with the left, assuming that because someone is famous and outspoken and also leaning to the right he or she automatically becomes our "Spokesperson".

Ted Nugent isn't my spokesperson for anything, hell I wouldn't let him be the spokesperson for my garbage cans. While I do agree with some of his positions I never really liked him as a singer or as a person.

But now I am beginning to understand why the left listens to the actors and actresses from Hollywood so much if the only requirements to be a spokesperson is to be famous and have the same political views as they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Just wanted to note that I hope you both don't say Al and Jesse are black leaders since they only "advocate" for black issues, yet frequently on these forums they are referred to as leaders of black people due to their big mouths. Ted is no different.

In regards to his comments, I do think they are idiotic. I also feel like I do about all gun advocates that they are spouting fear of black people, an effort that is unique to media and gun advocates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies