Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:58 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times

Advertisements

Pope Francis's call for immigration leniency unlikely to change debate - Washington Times

Typical of organized religion..hypocrites

It is not the point of how many but to say we should open our borders when your policy is so strict?

No wonder I don't actively participate in an organized religion. Of course no comment from the Vatican.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Yes, those awful hypocrites who selfishly haven't opened their massive 109 acre city-state to refugees! Of course if you take into account the 6 members of a refugee family recently taken in by the Vatican Parish and the fact that the population of the Vatican is 481-557 that size puts the Vatican on par with the rest of Europe when it comes to accepting refugees. In other words, this argument, even for C-D is patently absurd.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:00 PM

358 posts, read 283,168 times
Vatican brought in thousands of refugees, giving them home, food and supplies. Go read before spewing nonsense here.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:00 PM

674 posts, read 611,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Yes, those awful hypocrites who selfishly haven't opened their massive 109 acre city-state to refugees! Of course if you take into account the 6 members of a refugee family recently taken in by the Vatican Parish and the fact that the population of the Vatican is 481-557 that size puts the Vatican on par with the rest of Europe when it comes to accepting refugees. In other words, this argument, even for C-D is patently absurd.
How awful of the Pope to tell us to be compassionate, right?

"Love thy neighbor" is just some mushy liberal hogwash that no one takes seriously, I guess.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"

That, too. Liberal mush.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:01 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Pope Francis's call for immigration leniency unlikely to change debate - Washington Times

Typical of organized religion..hypocrites

It is not the point of how many but to say we should open our borders when your policy is so strict?

No wonder I don't actively participate in an organized religion. Of course no comment from the Vatican.

The Vatican's Border's are well secured.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Not the point. Don't preach openness when your laws are clearly closed.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Vatican brought in thousands of refugees, giving them home, food and supplies. Go read before spewing nonsense here.
Are they citizens? We're are they going to live? We spend billions a year helping people..

Link please

Old 09-24-2015, 07:42 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
The Pope wasn't talking about refugees he was speaking of "immigrants". He did not decipher between illegal and legal but from what I gathered from what he said it doesn't matter to him. Most illegals in our country are Hispanics and guess what religion most of them follow? No pandering there, right?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Not the point. Don't preach openness when your laws are clearly closed.
What is the point? I don't see any "points" other than absurdist rants pretending to be cogent arguments. If there were any this relatively tolerant atheist would be knee deep in the criticism if there was anything of substance to criticize, but there isn't.

So good night and good luck trying to devise some salient "points" to make.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
What is the point? I don't see any "points" other than absurdist rants pretending to be cogent arguments. If there were any this relatively tolerant atheist would be knee deep in the criticism if there was anything of substance to criticize, but there isn't.

So good night and good luck trying to devise some salient "points" to make.
This is city-data, that is the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies