Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 07:12 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Would you recommend that all children not be vaccinated?

What do you predict would happen if we stopped all vaccinations today?
So who gets the right to choose not to vaccinate and who has to vaccinate?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Would you recommend that all children not be vaccinated?

What do you predict would happen if we stopped all vaccinations today?
The same thing that happened in Japan and Sweden when the discontinued use of the DTP vaccine because of reports of serious side effects (never proven). Instead they got deaths due to pertussis. They reinstated the vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I only know a couple of parents who have refused to vaccinate their children, but they are of the left-wing crunchy granola hippie variety.
I have long said, the far right (claudhopper, et al) and the far left meet in the middle on immunizations. They both opposed them for basically the same reasons, reasons you've read here,e.g. government plot, etc.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
Timerosal is not elemental mercury, it is organomercury compound. It is not present in any of the modern vaccines at all.

timerosal name is usually substituted for mercury in a heated debate but it is advised to remember that the compound of the element and the element itself do not act the same way.

Elemental mercury( metal) is not toxic, the vapors are. It was sometimes used as an abortifacient in the Middle Ages since it has a severe laxative effect if taken per os.
And it was removed because it was safe right?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 PM

808 posts, read 662,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What do you mean the American pediatrics does not consider male immunity at all. Hell, we're the ones who have long immunized EVERYONE! European countries now use the MMR as well. I honestly don't know if the single antigen vaccines are even made any more.

Why are you blaming me for the "European" immunization scheduleSSSSSS? (Different in every country, Europe is not monolithic) I'm just the messenger.

You can look up every eastern European country on that link. People who think giving measles, mumps and rubella separately is somehow "safer" than giving it in a combo vaccine are foolish. Heck, it's 3X the exposure to any vaccine additives, for one thing.

What kind of an internship are you doing?. I work in a pediatrics office, and before that I worked in public health giving immunizations for >20 years. We always work with our patients.

Not male immunity. excluding males from rubella vaccination. does not happen in the US( as a rule)

I don't have to look the links on schedules I lived in a lot of Eastern European countries and Austria, and I know the issue from inside.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-29-2013 at 08:42 PM..

Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
what was removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
It was removed, not because of actual safety concerns but b/c parents were refusing immunizations b/c they, with their superior knowledge and research capabilities, though it was unsafe. It's kind of funny, and I mean the funny Ha-ha, that there never WAS any thimerosal in MMR vaccine. Ever.

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
We can thank the witchdoctors for harming us once again. They dance around with their little powders and beads and think they actually have a clue of the human body.

These are the same morons who decide when a baby is human or not.

In 100 years people will be appalled at how incompetent our medicine is today.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It was removed, not because of actual safety concerns but b/c parents were refusing immunizations b/c they, with their superior knowledge and research capabilities, though it was unsafe. It's kind of funny, and I mean the funny Ha-ha, that there never WAS any thimerosal in MMR vaccine. Ever.
what is your personal opinion on separation of the vaccines?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
what is your personal opinion on separation of the vaccines?
a) You can't get the single antigen MMR vaccines any more.
b) When they were available, they had to be given either together, or at least 30 days apart, b/c they are live virus vaccines. If you give them closer together, they won't "take". It's hard to get people to come back, and come back, and come back.
c) There is no evidence that the side effects are any worse (and they're few,far between and mild anyway) with the triple vaccine.

If you're asking about the separation of all vaccines, b) applies about having to come back, again, and again, and again. (Not all vaccines have to be separated by 30 days.) c) applies as well. Also, the kids are unimmunized for a longer period of time.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-29-2013 at 08:28 PM..

Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
It's funny people trying to "prove" some vast conspiracy by writing "follow the money" and then being lap dogs to trial lawyers with active suits against vaccine makers....believing everything they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies