Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:30 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Indeed, who is anyone to judge? Kudos to the Pontiff. People ask "what would Jesus do?" well, here's a hint:

Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?' – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

"When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of a lobby. If they accept the Lord and have goodwill, who am I to judge them? They shouldn't be marginalized. The tendency (to homosexuality) is not the problem ... they're our brothers."
Not judging is one thing and I agree, who are we to judge and what makes us think, because we are heterosexual we are better than those who are homosexual, but that isn't the same as believing in gay marriage. I would like to think people have gotten over their negative opinions of gays. When I hears someone make a remark about gays it blows my mind. I also feel, if you live in a state that allows same sex marriage, it is up to any clergy person to decide if they want to perform a marriage between 2 of the same sex. But that being said, the pope did not say he believes in gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 AM

18 posts, read 26,234 times
As the leader of the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope has been charged with discerning between good and evil as recorded in the scriptures. So, he is to love the homosexual and to judge the homosexuality. It is pretty simple.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:59 AM

5,715 posts, read 3,223,138 times
how do you feel about Islam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I agree with you, what crock, why must we accept their lord? The vatican and this domination by christianity is too much. They have this dang attitude of condescension, they accept others not like them, as long as they pay homage to their lord. How can one accept others with the attitude that the others are always wrong, that their beliefs are wrong, that their god is wrong.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 AM

big deal its 2013. Whats that have to do with anything?
Homo's have been around since the dawn of time and has always been looked at as disgusting by Christians....and Muslims ( oh my God! not the religion of peace! ) and others in general. Just like rape and murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Like some of the ritual sex acts involved in idolatrous pagan temple prostitution to worship ancient fertility gods? You know that included heterosexual 'acts' too don't you? Or perhaps you don't know.

Or the 'acts' of heterosexual men threatening to rape male strangers to dominate and humiliate them? You know most male rape is perpetrated by heterosexual men (not homosexual men) don't you?

What does any of that have to do with 21st century gay and lesbian people, especially those in loving committed relationships or marriages?

Are 21st century gay and lesbian couples engaging in worshipping ancient fertility gods in pagan temples or going around threatening to rape male strangers to their town?

Old 08-01-2013, 07:18 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,324,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella2 View Post
As the leader of the Roman Catholic Church, the Pope has been charged with discerning between good and evil as recorded in the scriptures. So, he is to love the homosexual and to judge the homosexuality. It is pretty simple.
Your heterosexuality is part of who you are, how your brain is wired- how you think and feel and love, how you see other people and yourself. It wouldn't matter whether you ever had sex or not, your heterosexuality is intrinsic. It's no different for homosexuals.

So what you say makes no sense to me.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,047,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
big deal its 2013. Whats that have to do with anything?
Homo's have been around since the dawn of time and has always been looked at as disgusting by Christians....and Muslims ( oh my God! not the religion of peace! ) and others in general. Just like rape and murder.

Homos.

How old are you anyway? 12?

Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 PM

probably older than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Homos.

How old are you anyway? 12?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,047,783 times
Quote:
probably older than you.

Not hardly, sonny.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,454,508 times
Quote:
how do you feel about Islam?
By the time I was 12, I had decided that I was agnostic at least. I could not intellectually comprehend how so many different religions could all say they were right and the others were wrong, it was always "my god is the only god, the right god and you are believing in the wrong god". I did not hear this from just christians. I have always felt that religion was a choice, as is belief in a god. What the pope says and does has no meaning in my life, nor does that of any religious figure. But what people decide to enforce into law or judge me against because of their religion is an intrusion into my life. Let catholics judge other catholics, same with any other religion, just judge your own people and hold them up to your standards, if they must judge them at all.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:38 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,459,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Your heterosexuality is part of who you are, how your brain is wired- how you think and feel and love, how you see other people and yourself. It wouldn't matter whether you ever had sex or not, your heterosexuality is intrinsic. It's no different for homosexuals.

So what you say makes no sense to me.
Eugenics and the Nazis believed in intrinsic characteristics of people. People like the Jews. Believing homosexuality is intrinsic is all of meaningless in the science of biology as it relates to the logic of artificially selecting for desirable traits.

As I have stated in the past--from comments Bishops of the Catholic Church have made--I suspect most Catholic Bishops believe people are born gay through genetic inheritance. Yet most of them teach that homosexual sex is immoral (just as they believe heterosexuals are born heterosexual and premarital sex is immoral). I'll also hazard a guess they view homosexual sex as more immoral than obesity.

But most Catholic Bishops are educated in theology and not the science of biology or other sciences.

I have suggested to conservative lay Catholics online that obesity is more immoral (due in large part to adverse health effects) than homosexual sex, which angered some. Unlike many Catholic Bishops I do not subscribe to the hypothesis that people are born gay or born with any sexual orientation.

I also think you're comment that homosexuality makes a person think, feel, and love differently that bisexuals and homosexuals as largely poetic nonsense. Homosexuals are not really much different than heterosexuals. They can perform perfectly fine practicing law and can love their parents and siblings the same as their heterosexual siblings do. I don't think homosexuality or heterosexuality or bisexuality or even pedophilia has much of anything to do with love but has everything to do with sexual arousal.

The are plenty of women I see in images that I think due to some sexual attraction that I wouldn't mind banging. If I were gay or a heterosexual pedophile the only difference would be that certain images of certain types of men and certain images of certain types of little girls would turn me on respectively.

Of course, homosexuals and heterosexuals want to fall in love with someone they are attracted too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies