Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Many--if not most--were likely Black-Americans and White-Americans.
The State Department's Trafficking In Persons report lists the top countries of origin of sex trafficking victims in the US as being Mexico, Thailand, the Philippines, and Honduras. How many "Black-Americans and White-Americans" live in those countries? It also mentions Native Americans being trafficked.

Given how polarizing of an issue illegal immigration is, and given that there are efforts to try to minimize publicizing negative effects of illegal immigration, the illegal immigration-sex trafficking link is downplayed in the current media.

Human Trafficking - Exploitation of Illegal Aliens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
These are kids, not adults. If the US legalized underage prostitution, I would leave.
I never thought I'd hear a valid reason to legalize underage prostitution...

Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Harrier and Bulldogdad, and anyone else who made this about political ideology. I appreciate your compassion for these victims of human trafficking. Kudos to you.

It's not about liberal or conservative cities, it's about the sick ****s who consider children to be a commodity in sex trafficking.
Hey buddy, I never mentioned any political ideology, goback and read my posts before you point the finger. Remember three are pointing back at you.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I never thought I'd hear a valid reason to legalize underage prostitution...
..snort...

On second thought, since it would irritate you, I'll stay.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hey buddy, I never mentioned any political ideology, goback and read my posts before you point the finger. Remember three are pointing back at you.

Really?

Harrier:
Quote:
All liberal cities, for the record.
You:
Quote:
Isn't that the truth.

Look who running for mayor and city controller in
NYC.
Everything isn't liberal v conservative. At least it isn't in this case.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Really?

Harrier:

You:

Everything isn't liberal v conservative. At least it isn't in this case.
I was responding to his particular statement. Not my problem if you took it the wrong way.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I was responding to his particular statement. Not my problem if you took it the wrong way.

There's only one way to take it, BD.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did you read the article, we know you hate the FBI but at least try to be mildly objective or do you think human trafficking prosecution is just a waste of time.
We know you love the FBI, but do yourself a favor and look into the history sometime. Hoover used to spy on politicos he didn't like, and pass along damaging info to other politicos. In the 50's & 60's the FBI spied on, harassed, and infiltrated civil rights groups. In the 90's they shot Vickie Weaver as she stood in her doorway holding a baby. Congress tried to find out who had authorized the 'rules of engagement,' but never did, as the FBI circled the wagons and clammed up, so no one could be held accountable. The US taxpayer was instead held accountable, as the federal gov't paid out over $3 million to Randy Weaver. Then there was the Richard Jewell case in the 1990's--the FBI tried to frame Jewell, using a sleazy ruse to try to get him to give up his Constitutional rights.

It's fine to go after human trafficking; I just think it's often used by the FBI and other LE as an excuse to go after consenting adults engaging in sex. In the original 'operation cross country' in 2010, the arrest numbers reported were:

8 pimps of UA
785 adult prostitutes
91 pimps of adult prostitutes.

And again, the existence of UA prostitution is largely due to the fact that prostitution is illegal. With the legal strip club industry, cases of underage activity are exceedingly rare. So this is a typical case of gov't breaking our leg, then kindly coming to the rescue with a tax-funded crutch.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Bravo. The criminals need to be castrated with a curling iron.

FBI raids rescue 105 kids forced into prostitution | General Headlines | Comcast

FBI raids rescue 105 kids forced into prostitution

Authorities rescued 105 children who were forced into prostitution and arrested 150 pimps and others in a three-day law enforcement sweep in 76 American cities, the FBI said Monday. The victims, almost all girls, range in age from 13 to 17.

The largest numbers of children rescued were in San Francisco, Detroit, Milwaukee, Denver and New Orleans. The campaign, known as Operation Cross Country, was conducted under the FBI's Innocence Lost initiative.

"Child prostitution remains a persistent threat to children across the country," Ron Hosko, assistant director of the bureau's criminal investigative division, told a press conference.

The FBI said the campaign has resulted in rescuing 2,700 children since 2003.
Good news and all, but I don't see how this is either political or controversial.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,305 times
Seems like everytime someone gets arrested for this it's yet another black male gorilla pimp, and sometimes even have women working for them. They kidnap, rape and enslave young girls and force them to do this. Can you think of a worse crim than that? If I was in charge every one of these chum bags would be castrated 2 minutes after the verdict. There needs to be a mandatory minimum of life without parole, let Bubba and the gang give them a taste of their own medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies