Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,601,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
watch mid-day TV, complain? Talk on your obamaphone?
Obamaphone yet another waste of tax money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Not rocket science. Cloth diapers in the bath tub, generic Clorox, and a bit of cheapie Boraxo powder. Swish with a yard stick. Rinse. Hang dry.
You have to be a guy.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM

808 posts, read 662,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Most prefolds have a layer in the middle for extra absorbency. Just a flat piece of fabric would likely not hold all of the urine and leak everywhere. Many people buy prefolds because they simply work better. They run about $1.50 per piece. Then there are the water proof covers, which protect baby's clothes from leakage, and can be reused even when the cloth inside is wet. Those are usually, at their cheapest, $10 a piece. Walmart does offer a package for cloth diapers which includes 12 prefolds and 3 covers for I believe $48? But most do not carry them in store.

Cloth diapering has change immensely in recent years and many people have no idea.

Why on earth has to be changed from common sense? It worked before, it sure can work now.

It is not a flat piece of fabric - it is yard by yard folded cotton flannel I am talking about - it has great absorbency and it costs 2 or 3$ per yard and lasts forever.

One does not need to buy fancy cloth diaper SETS, if one does not have money, just use one's common sense.

Buy a set or two so you have it and supplement everything else with home-made diaper cloths.

One can make a combination of things not just rely on what is in a store.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Plastic pants, anyone remember those? With elastic around the legs....sometimes doubled.
I used those to potty train my son. Worked like a champ.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
ALWAYS blame the woman.
You're out there.......she is the one who got pregnant......12 kids who's fault would that be? Wait maybe, she didn't know it was sex that was causing it.

You didn't read my post very well as usual! I did say the dads!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But that requires hard work!
No--that requires zero work and leaves you with bleach and ammonia loaded diapers that could burn the skin right off of a baby's backside.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:37 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--that requires zero work and leaves you with bleach and ammonia loaded diapers that could burn the skin right off of a baby's backside.
And kids can drown in a bath tub but we arnt cutting the water off to the house now are we.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You just have to rinse them really, really, really good! Personally I would think a rinse, dish soap scrub/soak, and then a good rinse out would work.

ETA: To hold you over until you can drag yourself to the laundry mat.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,624 times
Cheap. $13.71 for a 10 pack. Amazon.com: Gerber Birdseye 10 Count 3-Ply Prefold Cloth Diapers, White: Baby

Nothing but freeloader's laziness is all.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 PM

808 posts, read 662,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Well I'd venture to guess that you aren't aware of the different varieties of cloth diapers. I use pocket diapers, which have PUL (a waterproof material) on the outer portion of the diaper. High heat can cause the PUL to come apart and will result in a diaper that leaks everywhere. Low heat setting only for these types of diapers.

No, I am not aware of "varieties of cloth diapers".

We are talking not about posh organic wealthy parents here, but supposedly a poor woman who can not afford disposable diapers.

She has to be on a budget and a strict one.
So she has to go by oldie style and common sense and introduce the helpful novelties as money become available.

Her son is 11 months old, so it is not like neonate who is peeing every half an hour and pooping every three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies