Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Another first world problem that people can't seem to figure out on their own. Only the wise and almighty knowing government can come up with a solution I'm sure. I mean how friggen hard is it to go to the sink and wash a gdam diaper out?
If by solution you mean makes things way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Diaper crisis among poor families endangers children, study finds - latimes.com

Oh...My....God....

"Cloth diapers are often not an option because they require frequent and expensive trips to the laundromat."

Expensive? really? Last time I was in a laundromat, it was less than 2 bucks to run a washer. What's it up to these days, 30 bucks? If you don't have a washer at home, you gotta go do laundry anyhow.

Modern disposable diapers are a luxury. Disposable diapers are really nice, but if I was making 15,000 a year and couldn't afford them, I'd just use Cloth diapers, which are FAR more cost effective, but they do require more effort.

This is like saying because I can't afford a brand new car, I can't get a job.
typical...you are to poor to be poor thread.

going to the laundry mat does not just entail the cost of the washer and dryers.

add the cost of laundry supplies and paying to get to the laundy mat. Unlike towles and underwear, diapers dont hold up till the end of the week wash. they have urine and fecal matter. having to run to the laundry mat every other day is a chore. not to mention if you have a newborn in tow.

Look past your prejudices to see all sides of an issue.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:52 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

going to the laundry mat does not just entail the cost of the washer and dryers.

add the cost of laundry supplies and paying to get to the laundy mat. Unlike towles and underwear, diapers dont hold up till the end of the week wash. they have urine and fecal matter. having to run to the laundry mat every other day is a chore. not to mention if you have a newborn in tow.

Why should I? why cant she see the consequences of her actions? why should we help her?

Old 07-29-2013, 02:52 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
Quote:

Oh...My....God....

"Cloth diapers are often not an option because they require frequent and expensive trips to the laundromat."

Expensive? really? Last time I was in a laundromat, it was less than 2 bucks to run a washer. What's it up to these days, 30 bucks? If you don't have a washer at home, you gotta go do laundry anyhow.

Modern disposable diapers are a luxury. Disposable diapers are really nice, but if I was making 15,000 a year and couldn't afford them, I'd just use Cloth diapers, which are FAR more cost effective, but they do require more effort.

I know a lot of people who are far from poor who use cloth diapers. It's not rocket science to use cloth diapers, it does take effort and most of these people want maximum results with least amount of effort.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:

It's a big surprise to them that things like this need to be done when they have kids ?
Are these women short of logic and common sense ?

There is always the bathtub and a bottle of clorox.
That doesn't cost $18/week and can be done every night before you go to bed.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Lord have mercy. What about momma's clothes? Should we all pay to wash them too? Will a new government agency need to be created to run laundry service for the poor? Maybe the mailmen can deliver the clothes with the mail? Oops they are going bankrupt just trying to deliver mail never mind.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a big surprise to them that things like this need to be done when they have kids ?
Are these women short of logic and common sense ?

There is always the bathtub and a bottle of clorox.
That doesn't cost $18/week and can be done every night before you go to bed.
Diapers is nothing. What do these people think children get cheaper once the free formula and diapers are not needed anymore? LOL. Amazing how irresponsible folks have become and how people jump to their defense. Why not just pay folks to have kids. Oh wait...........

Old 07-29-2013, 02:57 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
Quote:

And this why birth control should be mandatory for those on welfare or ANY type of govt assistance.

If you're too damn poor to buy laundry soap (you can find at the dollar store) then you are too damn poor to be having children.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM

Hey the government should supply the laundry soap for those less fortunate. Create a new agency for soap. I'm sure liberals would be all for it especially if it garnered some votes to go along with it. Buying votes any way possible is the mantra.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:

Oh...My....God....

It's very easy to judge people when you don't have to make the choice between a carton of milk and a load of a laundry.

That being said, wash the damn diapers by hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies