Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe the welfare system rewards the wrong people to reproduce in large numbers?
Yes 160 74.07%
No 42 19.44%
Yes/No 14 6.48%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:50 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,763,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I wondered how long it would be before someone played either the 'victim' or the 'racism' card. Or both.
lol I was thinking the same thing, the race card is the first and last card in the liberal deck, after 50 years the deck is at the bottom card....they are all but out of the game..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yeah, but OP wanted to limit this to talking about poor people, so I'm just playing along.
Where I did I just limit it to poor people? and the poor alone?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,683,493 times
Quote:
Yeah, but OP wanted to limit this to talking about poor people, so I'm just playing along.
What's the alternative? Hungry children can't learn. You can't take out your anger at the poor by starving their children.

In affluent Finland, every school serves a hearty lunch that is free for every child.

Every family, regardless of income gets about $85 a month per child from the government because the Finns know that it is in their country's interest to have well cared for, well-nourished children.

They usually score about second in international educational testing.

America is so eager to penalize the poor,whip them into shape, make them get off their lazy butts, that we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What's the alternative? Hungry children can't learn. You can't take out your anger at the poor by starving their children.

In affluent Finland, every school serves a hearty lunch that is free for every child.

Every family, regardless of income gets about $85 a month per child from the government because the Finns know that it is in their country's interest to have well cared for, well-nourished children.

They usually score about second in international educational testing.

America is so eager to penalize the poor,whip them into shape, make them get off their lazy butts, that we end up shooting ourselves in the foot.
yeah you cant do that in this nation, too many people, and a never ending river of poverty via a open border to the 3rd world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Where I did I just limit it to poor people? and the poor alone?
Gee, I dunno: "Do you believe the welfare system rewards the wrong people to reproduce in large numbers?"

41,109 posts, read 25,842,082 times
Quote:
No. It just doesn't punish their bad behavior. Poor people have been having kids, regardless if there was a welfare system in place. If we erased it tonight, we'd still have the same problem in 10 years.

Someone's got to pay, someone's got to be held accountable.

She has 15 kids to 3 baby daddy's so why does she feel the tax payer has to pay? Why does she feel the tax payer should be held accountable because she doesn't know how to say NO!?

5,299 posts, read 4,863,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
But are they expecting others to foot the bill for that child, right down to feeding them in school?
And when did our schools become restaurants?
Rural school districts easily spend more on student transportation, why not bill those parents for the services their children use?...

Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Gee, I dunno: "Do you believe the welfare system rewards the wrong people to reproduce in large numbers?"
where do you see the word poor?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Someone's got to pay, someone's got to be held accountable.

She has 15 kids to 3 baby daddy's so why does she feel the tax payer has to pay?

That's OK, you can calm down. That's a pretty rare situation (if it's even true---how can anyone that young have 15 kids?).

Health & Human Services reports that:

The average number of persons in TANF families was 2.4, including an average of 1.8 recipient children.

One in two recipient families had only one child.

Less than eight percent of families had more than three children.

Characteristics and Financial Circumstances of TANF Recipients, Fiscal Year 2010 | Office of Family Assistance | Administration for Children and Families

Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
where do you see the word poor?
Okaaaay, who is getting welfare? Rich people? Middle-class people? Or are you including tax loopholes that the rich employ to avoid paying taxes as welfare for the rich? I'd be happy to discuss welfare for the rich, but I don't think they were the "wrong" people you had in mind.

Why are you trying to deny the entire premise of your thread which you have spelled out quite clearly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies