Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 11:11 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
So you do not believe that the Government controls the media?
To the point where they can institute a blackout after a school shooting? Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Hi, jimhcom.

My negative on your post is that by a strict definition of conspiracy, many of the events you mention are not conspiracies.

For example, throughout history, the wealthy and the powerful have always sought to influence Government to provide benefit to themselves. I do not see that as "conspiracy" but as doing what the wealthy and powerful always do, to whit, gaining advantage for themselves. Bribing elected officials to pass laws to benefit the briber is plain old self interest, not "conspiracy" in the traditional sense of the word.

Same goes for the secret CIA experiments. I see those kinds of things as things done under the misguided assumption that there was benefit to the national defense and the nation as a whole, a completely different animal.

This is an interesting question you pose, and perhaps when I am feeling better I can further participate.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
To the point where they can institute a blackout after a school shooting? Please.
You'd be amazed at just how "Blacked out" the media can be....even from smaller local governments! ...Let alone in the face of the Federal government.

Methinks those that don't believe this are the ones with the blinders...

Old 07-30-2013, 11:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
That would be nice if it were true!
However, there are sealed records, redacted records, and blocking at every level.

Case in point, why are Sandy Hook records sealed in the name of national security? Doesn't that seem ODD?

Why are people asking for immunity in the IRS and other scandals if nothing happened?

Why has this administration spent so much time interfering with and manipulating the news if they aren't guilty of something? You're correct they have better things to do than continue to impede the truth...unless that truth is dangerous to them!
Non denial denials.
They have a vested interest in duping the public.

anderson cooper sandy hook green screen fakery - Bing Videos

CNN Airs Fake Sandy Hook Helicopter Footage ANDERSON COOPER CNN FALSE FLAG | PopScreen#!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:49 AM

808 posts, read 662,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I think the majority of calls for tin foil hats that I have experienced are in response to posts saying that corporate and government motivation for actions are usually self serving.

In fact it would stand to reason that those who refuse to admit that corporations and political office holders use their access to power to serve themselves at the expense of the best interest of the public are the ones in denial of reality.
I do not know what you personally have experienced, but the majority of tin foil is usually under the umbrella of grotto/masonic/9/11/Moon conspiracy theories. The real ones are much more complicated, but the push on global warming is an example of the real one.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:55 AM

808 posts, read 662,598 times
Sandy Hook and it's coverage raises one question - every other similar account has the perpetrator beeing examined under the microscope and everything possible has been digged and exposed. But we haven't heard anything about Adam Lanza more than in the first few days of the coverage. Instead all the news outlets were convulsing in hysteria of describing the details of AR-15.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:07 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Hi, jimhcom.

My negative on your post is that by a strict definition of conspiracy, many of the events you mention are not conspiracies.

For example, throughout history, the wealthy and the powerful have always sought to influence Government to provide benefit to themselves. I do not see that as "conspiracy" but as doing what the wealthy and powerful always do, to whit, gaining advantage for themselves. Bribing elected officials to pass laws to benefit the briber is plain old self interest, not "conspiracy" in the traditional sense of the word.

Same goes for the secret CIA experiments. I see those kinds of things as things done under the misguided assumption that there was benefit to the national defense and the nation as a whole, a completely different animal.

This is an interesting question you pose, and perhaps when I am feeling better I can further participate.
Actually ... those things are, by definition, "conspiracies". According to the dictionary, a conspiracy is simply two or more persons planing to commit an illegal act. Therefore, all of the things mentioned qualify. At the same time, they also fit within the context of what most people immediately identify and dismiss as "conspiracy theory", which was the point being made .. how people dismiss whatever they are unaware of as "conspiracy theory".

Old 07-31-2013, 07:27 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
There are those on this forum who will immediately scream TIN FOIL HAT!
Not really, start a thread about monsanto getting caught price fixing in the 1980's or many of the other items you mentioned and I will readily agree with you.

Now when someone starts claiming that vaccines cause autism and their only proof is to say "follow the money" while citing trial lawyers (ever look at how many trial lawyers are in politics?) discredited studies....then the person has tied themselves to a position with no proof which is very much "tin foil".

For further reference:
Fenfluramine/phentermine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They started using this drug, the medical establishment figured out it was causing problems and Wyeth lost tens of billions of dollars. Something that is supposed to be nearly impossible since big pharma controls all the doctors and tests?

That's the other component that earns tin-foil. No conspiracy so ungodly vast as the entire US medical establishment has ever kept a secret for decades and decades.

That's the difference between actual conspiracy and tin-foil time.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:03 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not really, start a thread about monsanto getting caught price fixing in the 1980's or many of the other items you mentioned and I will readily agree with you.

Now when someone starts claiming that vaccines cause autism and their only proof is to say "follow the money" while citing trial lawyers (ever look at how many trial lawyers are in politics?) discredited studies....then the person has tied themselves to a position with no proof which is very much "tin foil".

For further reference:
Fenfluramine/phentermine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They started using this drug, the medical establishment figured out it was causing problems and Wyeth lost tens of billions of dollars. Something that is supposed to be nearly impossible since big pharma controls all the doctors and tests?

That's the other component that earns tin-foil. No conspiracy so ungodly vast as the entire US medical establishment has ever kept a secret for decades and decades.

That's the difference between actual conspiracy and tin-foil time.
In the first place the argument is not whether vaccines "cause" autism, it is whether they contribute to the cause.
People today live in an environment where heavy metals are introduced into their system by the food they eat, by the water they drink, by the containers their food comes in, by the air they breathe and nearly every other activity they do.
When you take the sum of all that exposure and add to that multiple vaccinations some containing Ethel Mercury, then combined the exposure to all of these toxins are a plausible explanation for the malformation of brains in infants who are more susceptible to toxins while their brains are developing.

Then you discover that the pharmaceutical industry through lobbing efforts managed to get a provision written into the patriot act which gives them immunity from liability due to the production of vaccines.

Then you discover that the pharmaceutical companies are giving hundreds of thousands of dollars to organizations like the AAP who then come out endorsing thermosil. And that these contributions were only discovered by attorneys who were using subpoena power to get this information because they were not being made public.

When you put this all together, it is called evidence of attempts to alter or to hide information from the public. This is why we are seeing successful lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies, not because it has been proven that thermosil causes autism, but that attorneys have proven that pharmaceutical companies are hiding information from the public.

And that sir, is evidence of conspiracy.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
The fact is that power is almost always gained through underhanded and usually illegal methods. almost all of the Industrialists at the turn of the 20th century resorted to crimes to gain and keep power that should have landed them i n prison but instead they are illustrated in history books as "great men".
Hoover illegally used his office to blackmail presidents,senators, and other people in power.
The antics of the CIA read like the schemes of mad scientists in some kind science fiction novel.
These truths have all been hidden from the public and that, whether or not you want to admit it, are textbook conspiracies.
I must inform you that whatever you say will fall on deaf ears, no matter the specific conspiracy or the volume of evidence you might present to prove it. This is just the nature of the current state of awareness of a significant portion of the populace, who immediately dismiss anything that conflicts with their accepted version of reality. And I don't think there is any single reason why that is, but include several possibilities, ranging from a lack of intellectual capacity to fear and denial. Some people do not want their world view turned inside out, because they prefer the comfort of the world of their perceptions.

I mean, there are still those that consider the idea that the Kennedy assassination was a conspiracy to be outrageous, in spite of the mountain of evidence gathered over the decades which definitively establish a conspiracy beyond any form of reasonable doubt. How can that be possible for anyone with an open and inquisitive mind?

My personal opinion is that for a very large segment of human beings, perception of reality is more based on "beliefs" than on observation and rational analysis, similar to religious or cult like beliefs. Once established, these beliefs become entrenched in people's minds, refusing to budge. It is a well established fact that certain individuals who become involved with "cults", seem to lose the ability for rational thinking, and most often require forced intervention and deprogramming in order to escape the grip of such cult leadership. They will literally fight any attempt to free them from these groups, even the efforts of family.

So, this I think explains why what may be painfully obvious to some of us, is completely beyond their grasp. Their view of reality was not formed by fact or truth, but on distortions and lies, told over and over until they became accepted. Once accepted, this false version of reality is now a "belief" and you might as well try to convince a religious fundamentalist to give up their religious beliefs as to attempt to accurately inform those who's world view has been formed by disinformation and lies. They simply won't accept it. Consequently, the common response always includes childlike immature claims of tin foil hats and such. Don't expect them to actually address the facts or the evidence you present, because that would require them to do what they have already decided that they will not do .... that is, to think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies