Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They already get free housing, free food, free phones, free utilities, free education, free utilities, etc.

Now they complain about the cost of diapers.

What exactly are they responsible for providing themselves?
I know, I know..............Handiwipes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
This whole "no one but me works for a living" attitude is so far removed from reality.
It's almost like the conservatives are playing the victim card.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They already get free housing, free food, free phones, free utilities, free education, free utilities, etc.

Now they complain about the cost of diapers.

What exactly are they responsible for providing themselves?

At the very least, can they keep their neighborhoods clean?
Obamaphones! I saw it on YouTube!!!

What percentage of middle class families would you say receive some form of handouts?

BTW, how are you able to post on here at all times of day if you are gainfully employed? I've already explained before my job that allows me to do this at times during the summer, what about yours?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatAnc View Post
What about the working poor? Lets see me and my family

free housing-nope pay our own rent
free food-yes but we also pay for our own a lot of the time because its not enough
free phone-nope don't have a cell phone
free utilities-nope...pay quite a bit actually
free education-ummmm I thought k-12 was free already? Other than that no I paid for my trade school
Diapers-nope pay for those ourselves as well...so you were saying? Oh and wal mart and employers like it are a BIG part of the problem when most of your employees get paid so little they have to get on government assistance one reason we don't work there and don't shop there either.I won't support wage slavery
I love when people think things like K-12 education are free. Last I checked property taxes exist.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It's almost like the conservatives are playing the victim card.
"Almost?" This forum is little more than a group whining board for unemployed right-wingers. Just take a gander at the threads - "The government/blacks/illegals/liberals are oppressing me!!!"

Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Actually you are correct. Americans are near the most generous in giving to charity through private means though.

U.S. Ranks No. 1 In Generosity, Now Let's Give More

Sorry to burst your bubble but Americans are very generous overall.
BUT they don't make large gifts to social service groups that alleviate the conditions of the poor. Most major gifts are given to higher education, foundations and hospitals, particularly for brick and mortar projects. The Center for Philanthropy researched the giving habits of the fifty largest individual donors in the country. "No one in the top 50 gave a gift of $5 million or more to a social services group."
U.S. Ranks No. 1 In Generosity, Now Let's Give More

That's a big reason why most professionals involved in charitable giving and fundraising (like me) agree that replacing public dollars with private charity for social service support is unworkable, because the money isn't there. It varies widely by community as well, leaving some communities with strong private social support services, and others with absolutely nothing.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
"Almost?" This forum is little more than a group whining board for unemployed right-wingers. Just take a gander at the threads - "The government/blacks/illegals/liberals are oppressing me!!!"
Definitely too much woh as me on both sides.

When will some leaders step up in this nation?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I love when people think things like K-12 education are free. Last I checked property taxes exist.
Yep, and poor people pay those taxes, as well.

(I know that runs counter to the line you guys are force-fed that, "The poor don't pay no taxes!")

Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yep, and poor people pay those taxes, as well.

(I know that runs counter to the line you guys are force-fed that, "The poor don't pay no taxes!")
Who are "you guys"?

I never said they did not pay taxes.

If they participate at all they are contributing taxes of some kind.
Sales tax is a tax last I checked.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Definitely too much woh as me on both sides.

When will some leaders step up in this nation?
The Republic Party made its bed by pandering to these imbeciles, and now they have to sleep in it. It happened because good, decent, rational Republics did not stand up to this crap and now the psycho inmates are running the asylum. This is harmful to all of us because, for better or worse, we have a two-party system and it benefits no one to have one of those two parties off in moonbat land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies