Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,536,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
LOL. That sounds like sarcasm to me.^^^
Nope, I am not being sarcastic at all. I am serious - I am thankful that he served our country, and I hope that he receives all benefits befitting a veteran.

I also noted that he said "he has nothing in common with his low income neighbors." That was exactly my own experience. I want to know more about that, so I asked him. Looks like he more proved than disproved my points.

You however, have yet to answer my direct questions. I do realize that it's because you don't have a good answer, so I don't expect you to man up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:37 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,222,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, so you have nothing in common with your low income neighbors either? Do you mean that you are one of the FEW who actually do NEED government assistance? (Thanks for your service, by the way, and as a disabled veteran, I do sincerely hope your needs are met).

And thanks for sharing your story, and helping me prove my point.
Well, do I refuse the free medical care, pay for it and my prescriptions out of my own pocket? What would I use to buy food with then? my looks?

there, I manned up for you. happy now?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Tell me more about your tough times, I enjoy reading about them.

I my apartment complex, there's 8 units. Only the residents of 3 own vehicles.
Nyah, that'll do for now. I'm sure as the conversation develops, I'll share more though. Happy reading!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Well, do I refuse the free medical care, pay for it and my prescriptions out of my own pocket? What would I use to buy food with then? my looks?
I already stated that my opinion is, as a veteran, you have earned your medical care.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
there, I manned up for you. happy now?
My comment "man up" was directed at northnut, not you - as evidenced by my reference to his quote, not yours. He's the one who is refusing to answer my direct questions. You're doing fine so far.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,222,503 times
Quote:
I already stated that my opinion is, as a veteran, you have earned your medical care.
Some people think not. Anything the gubmint gives free shouldn't be taken, it should be refused, in their thought processes.

88,743 posts, read 44,561,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Everyone is "situational poor" at some point in their life. Hell, at some point in their day.

Corporate welfare, EBT cards, public housing, tax "cheats"...it's all a big game. I simply don't care who manipulates the system and what for. It's illogical, immoral, and against most of our instincts. Well, my instincts anyway.

As the kids say ...

"Don't hate the player. Hate The Game."
Define "corporate welfare."

36,856 posts, read 17,294,556 times
Quote:
He's a human. He deserves medical care.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Everyone is "situational poor" at some point in their life. Hell, at some point in their day.

Corporate welfare, EBT cards, public housing, tax "cheats"...it's all a big game. I simply don't care who manipulates the system and what for. It's illogical, immoral, and against most of our instincts. Well, my instincts anyway.

As the kids say ...

"Don't hate the player. Hate The Game."
I don't hate anyone (though I do hold most politicians in low esteem). However, I have no respect for those who intentionally defraud or abuse any system and won't overlook individual actions just because "everybody's doing it."

I think our system itself is full of ridiculous policy and therefore holes, and is easy to defraud and manipulate in many areas, so I hold our politicians and those who administer such shoddy programs responsible as well.

If you knew the size of the check we sent off to the IRS April 15, you'd really grasp the whole concept of "wealth redistribution."

Old 07-31-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
He's a human. He deserves medical care.
So I guess I can just quit paying my $600 a month insurance premiums, with my $5000 deductible (individual deductible - $10,000 for our household) and get me some free medical care too?

I mean, I'm human. I deserve it, right? Last time I tried telling that to the billing department at the hospital, they had a good laugh about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies