Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

As I watched the timeless classic The Caine Mutiny, I couldn't help but make an analogous link between the movie and the US. Witnessing Bogart's brilliant rendition of Queeg's slow grinding slide into the abyss of insanity. As he became more and more distrustful and apprehensive about the crew (the citizens of his country), which finally sent him into rants of uncontrolled accusations and suspicions. EVERYONE was against him, and he wasn't going to stand for it!

He went from being a stern but fair Captain; to a petty and obtrusive maniac. It reminds me of the IRS targeting citizens. The NDAA removing all rights to habeas corpus for citizens suspected of anything. The data mining of every person in the world, and storing every US citizens communications, emails, and web surfing.

I can't help but wonder if our friends around the world aren't seeing us as becoming uncontrollably suspicious, maniacal, and on the verge of insanity.

What if Canada sent drones to our southern borders, to take out the drug cartels - and in the process they murdered 5000 US citizens and called it acceptable collateral damage? How would we view Canada?

The US foreign policy seems to be declining into sludge of panphobia and bat $hit crazy. At some point the world may want to take away our war machine just to stop the insanity. Our bureaucrats have embraced the idea that we are the police of the world, and have taken it to an extraordinary level.

Thank you Manning, Snowden, Roarke, Binney, Drake, Wiebe, and every other patriot for cluing us in. We all know who is really stealing the strawberries. Now let's see if we have enough spine to fight the tyranny.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-30-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies